• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Anyone that can tell me more about what these scores really says about me?

ohkaasa

I ofcourse know the general ISFJ charactheristics, but not what the "subscores" are saying about my personality. I got this:

Your Type is
ISFJ
Introverted: 78
Sensing: 1
Feeling: 38
Judging:33

Anyone that could be so kind and eleborate?

I am a male by the way.

:)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Welcome to the forum!

There is some information about what the four MBTI scales mean here: http://www.capt.org/mbti-assessment/mbti-overview.htm
Your scores suggest you have a more pronounced preference for introversion and more moderate preferences for feeling and judging. Your S/N score is practically tied, so you may also want to check out the INFJ and see how well it fits you relative to ISFJ.

ISFJ description: http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/myers-briggs/isfj.htm

INFJ description: http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/myers-briggs/infj.htm

ohkaasa

thanks

Thank you for the info, i checked out the INFJ, but i must say i am more close to ISFJ, Except that one of the things about ISFJ is that they have a hard time expressing their feelings, i do not have that "problem", at least not in the close relationship (My wife) I can almost talk her crazy :) she is an ISTJ, and that fits her perfectly. My personalitys need to be needed does not exactly fit so good with her lack of need to show so much affection, but we have made it work the last 10 years, maybe because i talk so much abaout what i feel and what i need? :)

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for the info, i checked out the INFJ, but i must say i am more close to ISFJ, Except that one of the things about ISFJ is that they have a hard time expressing their feelings, i do not have that "problem", at least not in the close relationship (My wife) I can almost talk her crazy :) she is an ISTJ, and that fits her perfectly. My personalitys need to be needed does not exactly fit so good with her lack of need to show so much affection, but we have made it work the last 10 years, maybe because i talk so much abaout what i feel and what i need? :)

For what it's worth, as an ISFJ male myself, once I'm in a relationship with someone and I know I've been given "permission" to express whatever degree of feelings I'm allowed too, then I have no trouble doing so. My trouble is that I don't don't know how to express them properly so I either end up over doing it and under doing it. As such, I rely very heavily on my partner telling me what exactly she needs from me so that I can accommodate. Otherwise I can end up coming off as either really cold or as smothering....both of which suck :(

ohkaasa

:)

I am exactly the same way :) It can be a bit exhausting at times, for both me and my wife. Fortunately she is patient and understanding.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I ofcourse know the general ISFJ charactheristics, but not what the "subscores" are saying about my personality. I got this:

Introverted: 78
You seem to have a strong preference for introversion. That would suggest that you enjoy a quiet and peaceful place over busy and active places. And this not only goes for places, but for people too. I might find it more meaningful to get to know your friends better, than gather up a large group of friends. Heck, you might even have a high criteria for what you'd call a friend of yours.

There's probably many people out there who think they know you, but there's so much in you they really don't know. And you'd like to keep it that way.

Sensing: 1

Some say that having scores close to the divider (here being 0) is a sign of personal conflict or growth in progress. I'm not sure if that's the case, but it would be interesting to know if it's true in your case.

Sensing people are usually the kind of people who expect things to be as they normally are. And actually I think "normal" is the word of Sensing people. Not that they would be average by any means, but they tend to see the world around them through expectations. Sensing people thrive on normality.

Intuitive people on the other hand expect less and 'see' more. They are less likely to take the matters for their face values, and want to see what's behind the curtains. Consider a grand scale magic show. Sensing people would concentrate more on the show it self, marveling at the grandeur of the trick, while intuitive person would marvel at the distractions and all the manipulations the performer has to do for the show to be successful. At the very of end of Sensing are the people who only see what they are shown, and at the very end of Intuitive are the people who only see what they are meant to be shown.

Feeling: 38

You seem to have a little bit of a preference for personalizing things around yourself. Everything around you is little bit of you. To mock your friend, is to mock you. To mock your ideas, is to mock you. You might consider it important how people perceive you and each other. It's not that you would not be rational or overtly emotional, it's just that you consider matters of opinion and values more important than machine-like rationalizations.

Judging:33

You like to know things in advance, and feel the need to be prepared. You try to act wise and avoid rash actions. Catastrophes are best avoided by scouting ahead. And you hate doing mistakes. You might not even be a big believer of chance. You'd rather be safe than sorry.

EDIT:
By the way, we have very similiar scores. :)
-Strong introversion
-S/N border-case
-J around 30%
-You have F around 30%, I have T around 30%

ohkaasa

Thanks for you explanation Habba :)

All of what you say is very true, i do like peace and quiet, i do know a lot of people, but there are very few of them i would call a friend, and out of them there are only maybe 2 that knows more than 70% of who i am :) the person that knows me the best is my wife, and even she does not know me 100%.

Regarding the sensing, well if personal conflict could mean depression and starting to learn how to handle it, that could be it? i have been a lot depressed since entering adulthood (i am 32 now) I think much of it has to do with my strong need to be needed... And that i have to learn not to have such high expectations from the ones i care about in that area.

and YES i do really like best when thing are "normal" or regular, i dont really like change from the pattern i am used to :) and i do personalize things, i take a little to much personally i think.

Better safe than sorry is almost my trademark, haha :) or sooner or later things will go to **** so its best to prepare one self ;)

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Unscientifically speaking, the tenor of your responses seems quite ISFJ-like. So I think you're correct in your self assessment. As to the S/N discrepancy, it could be related to the particular version of the test you completed. Some of them produce more useful results than others due to the more precise nature of the questions.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :D

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Regarding the sensing, well if personal conflict could mean depression and starting to learn how to handle it, that could be it? i have been a lot depressed since entering adulthood (i am 32 now) I think much of it has to do with my strong need to be needed... And that i have to learn not to have such high expectations from the ones i care about in that area.

I once read an article that divided people in four categories based on their dominant neurotransmitter (or something). Also, each of these categories seemed to have a distinct personality preferences. It was almost like they were groups of NFs, NTs, SJs and SPs. The dominant neurotransmitter for SJ group was serotonine, which in turn is often related to depression. Therefore, one could make a assumption that SJs have tendency to feel depressed more often than any other type.

I too suffer from depression. Or suffered, however you want to put that (since in my opinion depression will always be part of your life, you just learn to live with it). It was at it's worst some years ago when I had to take leave from studying and working for a year.

What I know of ISFJs (my mother was one, and my girlfriend is too (And what does that say about me then? :D), some other people too...), they enjoy being in a role of a supporter. If they consider you as close friend, they'll never judge you. However, they do judge other people a lot, quietly. Should someone offend them, they say nothing... but are hurt inside. They often tend to expect people to behave in a certain way they deem to be acceptable. As they are usually humble and quiet, they dislike flashy person such as Class Clown or Superstar. I personally feel that their their greatest flaw is their inability to tell others what they like and dislike, and make others respect that. That's why they earned the nickname "doormat". However, for their benefit I must say that world would be so much better if there were only ISFJs. They just want to get along with everyone, and often do. I envy their ability to connect with people (not in flashy ENFP way, but in a way that everyone considers them trustable and honest). We ISTJ are honest when it's our duty, but ISFJs are honest because they just are saint-like. :D

But these are just my own subjective opinions of the ISFJs I've known.

And welcome to the boards, we kinda lack ISFJs here :)

ohkaasa

I once read an article that divided people in four categories based on their dominant neurotransmitter (or something). Also, each of these categories seemed to have a distinct personality preferences. It was almost like they were groups of NFs, NTs, SJs and SPs. The dominant neurotransmitter for SJ group was serotonine, which in turn is often related to depression. Therefore, one could make a assumption that SJs have tendency to feel depressed more often than any other type.

Well i have just started on some SSRI meds, so if the personality i have actually has a "problem" with the seratonine levels, it will be very interesting so see how they work.

I find looking into this personality thing very interesting, because i feel i can understand more of who i am, and not at least understand my wife more, she actually is the same personality as you, ISTJ. I cant exactly remember her scores, but i think they were in the thirties on every level.

We are a good fit, on almost every level, except the level of giving and receiving affection. I need a lot (both give and receive), she dont. I have a hard time accepting that :) But i think i am beginning to understand it more now. Fortunately we communicate very well, otherwise it would not work.

They just want to get along with everyone, and often do. I envy their ability to connect with people (not in flashy ENFP way, but in a way that everyone considers them trustable and honest). We ISTJ are honest when it's our duty, but ISFJs are honest because they just are saint-like

Well, i am not exactly a saint, but i am honest, as long as i dont hurt people :)

This seems to be a very nice and helpful forum by the way :)