• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJ and ISFJ Stress.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
While looking up something I found process of ISTJ and ISFJ stress.

Discover the Secret of ISTJ Stress Management!
ISTJ Stress is Uncharacteristically Emotional!
"ISTJ" Introverted with Sensing, Thinking and Judging

In The Grip

The most extreme stress behavior for the ISTJ will be typified by catasrophizing, demonstrating impulsive and spontaneous behavior and struggling with the detailed reality of the moment.

The Inferior psychological function of the ISTJ (Intuition) has been activated in the most negative of circumstances and is trying to solve the crisis. Of course, the prospects of inferior and extraverted Intuition working here are practically nil!

The ISTJ may be experienced at this point by others as:

* Intensely angry
* Rigid in what they are doing
* Very outwardly critical
* Unbelievably pessimistic and negative in a global way
* Embrace fear of the future

I then wondered is ISTJ stress uncharacteristically emotional if so why, if not why not? :D
What are you like during stress?

I had a slight misunderstanding with an ISTJ girl once and I was so black listed!

And

ISFJ Stress Management Secret Discovered Here!
ISFJ Stress Will Be Strongly Critical and Loud!
"ISFJ" Introverted with Sensing, Feeling and Judging

In The Grip

The most extreme stress behavior for the ISFJ will be typified by catastrophizing, demonstrating impulsive and spontaneous behavior and struggling with the detailed reality of the moment.

In these moments the inferior psychological function of the ISFJ (Intuition) has been activated in the most negative of circumstances and is trying to solve the crisis. Of course, the prospects of the inferior and extraverted Intuition working well here are practically nil!

The ISFJ may be experienced at this point by others as:

* Intensely angry
* Very outwardly critical, inwardly as well
* Very pessimistic and negative overall
* Having no control over facts and details

ISFJ's Explain what you are like when you are going through stress?

The ISTJ and ISFJ stress responses read about the same and wants to know what are the differences when dealing with stressful situations.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
* Intensely angry

I can't recall ever getting intensely angry, but the rest seem true enough. For example, if I hit a rough patch in a college course and get a little panicky... I tend to really hyperfocus on that course. I will switch from studying a little bit each day to studying for HOURS upon HOURS, even neglecting sleep to study. And over-studying can be just as bad as under-studying. I do tend to get very pessimistic and convince myself I'm going to fail the course. I get very critical of myself, and often get into situations where I tell myself I'm just too dumb to do it. I've done that in several courses, which I ultimately ended up with an A in...

Oddly enough, I can't really think of anything Ive gotten emotional about other than academics at the moment... So thats the only thing I can cite examples from.

Zukram.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
In The Grip

The most extreme stress behavior for the ISTJ will be typified by catasrophizing, demonstrating impulsive and spontaneous behavior and struggling with the detailed reality of the moment.

The Inferior psychological function of the ISTJ (Intuition) has been activated in the most negative of circumstances and is trying to solve the crisis. Of course, the prospects of inferior and extraverted Intuition working here are practically nil!

The ISTJ may be experienced at this point by others as:

* Intensely angry

I've always tried to keep my stress level to a minimum, but i'd say that this is fairly accurate concerning what happens to me when i'm stressed out. The anger is especially bad--breaking things, picking fights, that whole thing. That last bit about fear of the future isn't all that accurate for me, though. As far as i'm concerned, whatever could happen in the future can't be any worse than what is happening to me right now, so i'll just deal with it as it comes.

I had a slight misunderstanding with an ISTJ girl once and I was so black listed!

I don't believe in blacklisting people, even when i'm extremely stressed. I've always held the belief that anything can be fixed, including broken interpersonal relationships. Therefore, cutting people off is one of the most childish anyone could ever do. Some people find it so easy to do it, but I don't think I could even if I wanted to because the concept is just so foreign to me.

I just read this point over again, and what stuck out to me is something I sometimes don't even notice: it isn't so much a fear of external future events, but moreso of the implications of my actions. I can never really tell how people will respond to my words and behaviors, so in the interest of not saying or doing anything stupid, i'll simply cut myself off from people until whatever i'm dealing with is resolved. I'm thinking this has nothing to do with Ne, though, and is more of an Fe issue?