• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Are SJ's into Tattoo's more than other types?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
For some reason I associate SJ with being into tattoos more than other types. While I think this is a more sensory experience in general I tend to also associate NJ's as liking having tatoo's more than NP's and SP's.

I know an ISTJ friend and she has tattoos. I asked her about it and she told me her history surrounding them and it was more than a bit sad. Then I notice my SP friends don't really have tattoos. I knew an INFJ friend who got a tattoo too.

I would like to know if SJ's like having tattoos more than others.

And if you have tattoos would you explain the decision behind getting a tattoo and what tattoos mean to you?

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I'm more into piercings than tattoos.

The permanent nature of tattoos scares me, and it makes me hesitant to get one. I have a drawing I did myself that I have wanted a tattoo of for 6 years. And when I finish Grad school I want to get a strand of DNA tattoo'd on myself. (Genetics major). But as of right now... No tattoos.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
my ISTJ doesnt like my tattoos, he doesnt understand tattoos. He finds them illogical and 'pointless'. Keeping in mind, his family members dont have tattoos, so that could be an influence, he wasn't always around people who have them. I asked him if he had to get one what would it be, he didnt like the hypothetical question, but he said he if had to, it would be something spiritual.

he also isnt into piercings either. again, not seeing a logical point, "Why do you have to express yourself in THAT way...?"

I wanted to get my belly button done, but he views it as 'slutty' hahaha sometimes his views crack me up

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm more into piercings than tattoos.

The permanent nature of tattoos scares me, and it makes me hesitant to get one. I have a drawing I did myself that I have wanted a tattoo of for 6 years. And when I finish Grad school I want to get a strand of DNA tattoo'd on myself. (Genetics major). But as of right now... No tattoos.

So wait there's a pattern, okay not enough for a pattern yet but.

Would SJ's be into piercings more often than tattoos or both, then SP's is my next thought. :D

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I have neither tattoos nor piercings, nor would I ever want any. I would think IJs in general would be unlikely to have get such things. We are not prone to throwing ourselves into things with irreversible consequences, especially when they serve little purpose.

To be honest with you, I would have suspect that NPs and SPs are the types most likely to indulge in body modification, not the least.

Zukram.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I like tattoos, piercings not so much. One or two is enough though; i've never understood how some people can have almost their entire body covered in them.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have three tattoos. I love them, but I made sure to get them in a place where I could easily cover them up. Nobody sees my tattoos unless I want them seen...Or unless I go swimming. :smile:

The only piercings I have are in my ears.... I don't take well to piercings though, they get infected really easily no matter how well I clean it and treat it.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I hate tattoos and think they should be banned.

:shock:

I can understand not wanting one yourself... But... Are you suggesting that they be made illegal? For what reason? Has a tattoo on another person ever caused you harm?

Calvinist777

Enneagram
6w5
I'm a prude and I think tattoos are immodest mutilations of one's body. I think they're just very distasteful , but I've kinda got a draconian mindset.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think SJs are probably less into tattoos than other types. SJs tend to be more conservative and professional appearance wise.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think SJs are probably less into tattoos than other types. SJs tend to be more conservative and professional appearance wise.

Hence why my tattoos are not visible during working hours. :newwink:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Wah, I dunno. I would of thought its more like expressing the history on their body? Its like my ISTJ friend she did it to signify certain things in her life so she puts them there as a value statement, nothing too fancy or noticeable like extreme.

This mightn't be true for SJ's in general. And While I understand the conservative and such, there are extremes too I guess. Then who is more inclined to enjoy getting tattoos? SP?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Hence why my tattoos are not visible during working hours. :newwink:

Its a personal choice I see and during working hours wouldn't be noticeable much I'd gather. What was the decision behind your tattoos?

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Its a personal choice I see and during working hours wouldn't be noticeable much I'd gather. What was the decision behind your tattoos?

I've had three cats that really meant a lot to me over my lifetime. I have one tattoo for each of them. Lower neck (it's covered easily by a t-shirt), and one on each shoulder blade.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I know an SJ who uses tattoos to remind her of some periods of her life. I don't know if it means that she took them originally with that idea or if that's what she says now. Couple of SPs took tattoes, but I don't really know if they have much other meaning than decoration. At least they haven't mentioned.

I am quite sure I wouldn't take a tattoo, since if I would it would have to be something important, like a statement, but I doubt that I will think that strongly about anything. It seems like a big decision to have it there always.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If we're stereotyping, I'd say it's an SP thing. As an NP, tattoos are waaaay too permanent, and I foresee not liking it in the future very easily. Too much commitment (I have other reasons also, like respecting the body, just not my style, etc).

Unfortunately, some SPs don't make decisions with a lot of forethought. My ESFP sister hates tattoos and she still managed to get one. Why? Because the guy offered to give her a free tattoo valued at $300 and it sounded like such a deal in the moment. :doh:

I actually DO see a lot of SJs with tattoos. They are pretty accepted in the mainstream now, and it seems some SJs see it as a way to commemorate something. It does seem they may be more prudent in deciding where to place them, recognizing there are some situations in which their tattoo can make a negative impression.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Unfortunately, some SPs don't make decisions with a lot of forethought. My ESFP sister hates tattoos and she still managed to get one. Why? Because the guy offered to give her a free tattoo valued at $300 and it sounded like such a deal in the moment. :doh:

:huh::laugh: Well, a good deal is a good deal, no matter how you slice it...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i would've guessed it as a more stereotypical SP thing too, though in truth a J is probably much better at making a long-term decision like getting a tattoo.

i personally have a discreet back tattoo, and part of its significance for me is that i was able to make a decision about something permanent. long-term decisions generally freak me out and i suck at them, so my tattoo isn't even just about the design, but about the decision itself too. i still waver in how i feel about it on a week-to-week basis but overall i'm very happy about it.

anyway, my mom's an ESFJ and she will admire well-done tattoos on others, but i don't believe she would ever get one herself.

I'm a prude and I think tattoos are immodest mutilations of one's body. I think they're just very distasteful , but I've kinda got a draconian mindset.

hey, at least you're honest about it.