• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] male ISFJ and apologies

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm very quick to apologize, often without even thinking. Even if it wasn't my fault! I've been laughed at for apologizing for things that most people would think silly to apologize for. I can't help it! I just want things to flow smoothly.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have an ISFJ friend, and he apologizes all the time, especially for minor things. I don't know about major things, though, but he seems to be ready to take the blame for the sake of harmony in the group.

I kind of wonder which is worse - never apologizing or having the I'm sorry complex. I think I'd prefer the no apology.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know, I tend to apologize for things that seem ridiculous to apologize for. When I was a kid, I would apologize for throwing a baseball over someone's head when we played catch.

I do have trouble following through on tasks, at least sometimes. I will blame extenuating circumstances as to why things aren't done and feel horribly guilty that I am letting people down. Usually, it involves tasks that I didn't want to agree to in the first place, but again didn't want to let people down by saying no.

hahah....I replied to this thread already :)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fe-aux like to keep the peace, so more often than not, I would expect they would tend to apologize more than the average person. I suppose denial is another way to keep the appearance of peace, but that works better for people not as easily influenced by the emotional dynamics of the outside world. I would tend to question typing for ISFJs that are described as never apologizing, but anything is possible I suppose.

Mane

Permabanned
The OP left nearly two years ago (Last Activity 09-06-2013 06:47 AM). Maybe they could return, but it's probably more likely that if someone does end up logging through that account, it will be someone snooping through the user's history many years in the future, maybe children or even her husband. So...

My husband is an ISFJ - scoutmaster, sunday school teacher, state employee, Republican. Will tolerate groups but prefers one-on-one interactions.

Mister possible-ISFJ: I am sorry for your loss, I am sure your wife loved you right along with the unapologetic stubbornness. If she died prematurely, consider adopting an apologetic policy for your occasional mistake so that your children might follow in your footsteps, it seems she valued that and would have liked that. Best of luck. Unless she is still alive, in that case you should go and apologize for snooping through her stuff.