• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJs always "resting"

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Every single ISFJ I know is in a perpetual state of tiredness and they are always lying down to rest with their eyes shut. They all love to lie down in bed. Not even to sleep, mind you. Not even to read or talk on the phone or anything. Just to "rest." Doesn't matter if it's a 3 day weekend and they got 12 hours of sleep every night. All the ISFJs I've ever even seen are always doing this. It drives me NUTS! I would be bored out of my damn mind if I did that. I don't think I've ever taken a "rest" in my life. Sleep, yes. Nap, yes. But a rest? What the hell is that? I just want to slap them across the face and yell, "There's a world out there looking to be lived! Now get the hell up and live it!"

So does anybody think this is specific to the ISFJs I know or do you suppose it might be a unique characteristic of the ISFJ type in general?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
all of the isfjs you know lie down and rest all day?! :laugh:
that's the most ridiculous thing i've heard all day!

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
all of the isfjs you know lie down and rest all day?! :laugh:
that's the most ridiculous thing i've heard all day!

No, ya dork! Read what I posted! Nowhere does it say "all day."

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ha! i totally read all day in there! i imagined that they were in bed every time you were there just lying with their eyes shut...see you can't trust the ne...don't trust it karen! it makes shit up! anyway...um...my sister doesn't do that...ever...so..??

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The ISFJ I know has high blood pressure and can't sleep a long time. She has to get up and be busy.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why does it drive you nuts? What has it got to do with you?

Also, ESFPs have way too much energy. They make me tired. Maybe you make your friends tired.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Perhaps they're just bored of you.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I work 8-12 hours a day, 7 days a week. I don't remember when my last full day off was and when I do have a lot of free time, I usually spend that time going dancing.

If I am tired, I think that's why :yes:

If we're always tired around you though, it's probably just because we can't keep up with you ;) . Don't feel bad though, I like a woman with a lot of energy :wubbie: You ESxPs are the best! :D :hug:

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
Every single ISFJ I know is in a perpetual state of tiredness and they are always lying down to rest with their eyes shut.

How many do you know? I know one confirmed, and now that I think about it, she's always complaining about how tired she is.

But then, so are half the women I know.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
well, I'm not an ISFJ, but close! As an ESFJ I can tell you that I love nap time! I always go home and just unwind by laying on the couch and closing my eyes for about an hour... And then I usually get up and head off to the gym. :tongue:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love it when I can take one day off per week and spend it entirely in bed, snoozing with the cat and watching movies or reading between snoozes. I function a lot better the rest of the week when I can do that.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't noticed this with the ISFJs I know. I can't say I know that many ISFJs but I've noticed the opposite. They overextend themselves and have to be talked into resting.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I haven't noticed this with the ISFJs I know. I can't say I know that many ISFJs but I've noticed the opposite. They overextend themselves and have to be talked into resting.
ISFJs greatly value work. The more of it they do, the better they feel about themselves.

They do love their naps, though.

Snow Turtle

I do this often... Just sort of lie there on the ground when I have free time.

Sometimes I drift off into sleep when I'm a little tired, but other times, it's just about relaxing and collecting my thoughts together. When I've spent too much time processing stuff in my head, it's just nice to zone out into a calm state while shifting through my thoughts in a slow paced manner.

Guess it's like meditation?

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
ha! i totally read all day in there! i imagined that they were in bed every time you were there just lying with their eyes shut...see you can't trust the ne...don't trust it karen! it makes shit up! anyway...um...my sister doesn't do that...ever...so..??

:hug:

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Guess it's like meditation?

This wins the award for best idea contributed to this thread. I'd never thought of it that way and it makes a lot more sense. Maybe their brains get overloaded more easily with taking in all of that sensory information that they need less sensory information bombarding them to relax than most. Good input!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Woah! Somebody's defensive! Chill out!

I'm not being defensive. I'm trying to make you see how someone else might perceive your criticisms of them being tired. ESFPs can make other people tired (I've known ESxPs with hellish amounts of overbearing energy), it's just true, and I don't get why it bugs you, honestly...maybe some tertiary Te controlling behavior going on here, maybe.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm too tired to answer this thread. :wink: