• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Wondering what SJ's....

your belief

• Gnostic Theist

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Agnostic Theist

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Gnostic Atheist

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Agnostic Atheist

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Implicit Atheist

• ALL OF THESE/ none of these

• Total voters

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
beliefs were. Hoped the trailing question enticed you into coming here ;P

PLEASE VOTE

and please don't start a debate whos view is correct, thats for that other board/place

If you don't kno the difference:

Gnostic Theist: "I believe in a God, and we can prove it."

Agnotstic Theist: "I believe in a God, but I don't think we can prove or disprove it."

Gnostic Atheist: "I don't believe in a God, and I think we can prove it."

Agnostic Atheist: "I don't believe in a God, and I don't think we can prove or disprove it."

Implicit Atheism: Basically people who havn't made up thier minds yet, like newborns.

Explicit Atheism: An active disbelief.(one of the first two atheistic beliefs)

Sorry if none of those choices suit you.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I believe in God but I prefer not to use the word "prove". More that a rational demonstration can be made as to why this must be so.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I believe in God...but as far as physical proof is concerned I don't think it can be proved/disproved.

rogarn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Physical proof of the existence of a non physical being... That is tough to ask for, much less prove.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have no idea whether a supreme deity exists or not, but I think one could be proven or disproven to exist eventually. One thing is for cetain though: If a supreme deity exists, it'd be more of a cosmic manager rather than a creator, given that conservation of mass laws preclude the possibility that the universe could have been created.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agnostic atheist. Believe that we can't know whether a deity exists, but doubt its existence.

rogarn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Nooooooo... im a very sad and lonely INTJ... im a poor college student trying to get enough money to get it. :(

If a supreme deity exists, it'd be more of a cosmic manager rather than a creator, given that conservation of mass laws preclude the possibility that the universe could have been created.

Laws are defined by man based on observation. As far as we have observed, mass can neither be created nor destroyed. This is a basic observation that has been accepted by the general scientific community. THIS IS NOT FACT! All science can be dis proven by counter observations. Just because we don't know how to create or destroy matter, does not mean that the ability does not exist if you know what to do(and have the tools to do so).

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
THANK YOU for understanding that Agnosticism is not some kind of separate category that exists between Atheism and Theism. I can't tell you how many times that misunderstanding has bugged me.

"I'm an agnostic atheist"
"Ummm. So which is it? Agnostic or atheist?"
*facepalm*

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't know what to believe. Probably Agnostic Theist is the closest, based on those descriptions.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agnostic atheist myself

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hard to classify. I guess you could say I believe that a God's existence can't be proven, but I believe in one. (Agnostic theism) More accurately, I've made the definitions more flexible to kind of "avoid the distinctions."

Zukram.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
While I was raised in a Catholic home, I've always held the belief that God is a concept rather than an entitiy--a man-made concept at that, so Explicit Athiest, pretty much.