• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Ok, So ISTJ and their attraction to ENFP's?

CocoB

MBTI Type
ENFP
What is up with the ISTJ and their [[attraction/chemistry/intrigue]] with ENFP's... And, with that being said... Why are they so gung-ho on FIGHTING it...? It's kind of like a Love/Hate thing... Like they like us, but they really don't want to...

Come on ISTJ's: GIMMIE WHAT YA GOT!!:devil:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
They're everything we're not.

Lively, energetic, kind, youthful spirit, curious, sensitive yet strong. -- I've had no problem liking an ENFP. I didn't try to fight it (as you put it).

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I'd say an ENFP is everything I suppress. Compare me to an ENFJ, and they're everything I fight. There's a difference. I can connect with an ENFP because they're just more lively in areas I'm weaker at. In comparison to an xNFJ, they view the world in a truly opposite manner to me. Our first concern is the people around us and everything is always ready to be improved? No, thanks. Compare that to an ENFP who sees the world as having infinite connections and making their own decisions, values and morals the highest priority. I can relate to the ENFP easier.

An xNFJ takes reality for granted, in my eyes. An ENFP sees reality for more than it is.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I have zero desire to ever be with an ENFP. And it's not a 'fighting it thing'. I find nothing particularly appealing.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'd love to go back in time to go skirt-chasing with my ISTJ father when he was my age (since I kinda look like him when he was young) and just take notes of all the comedy that would probably ensue.

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
...I've never been especially attracted to ENFPs. Actually, for awhile, I thought of them as a type I would not want to get romantically involved with :laugh:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Aww c'mon gal's, we're not that bad. :3

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
^The ENFP guys are though. Actually I don't know any.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Lively, energetic, kind, youthful spirit, curious, sensitive yet strong. -- I've had no problem liking an ENFP. I didn't try to fight it (as you put it).
Right...just let's keep it under our hats. :peepwall: That's why it looks like "fighting it".

Sytpg: Skirt-chasing? I don't understand. :shrug:

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
As for me, I can´t see the point in "fighting" my thoughts about someone I find attractive, of any type.

If I find a male ENFP attractive, I just go for him.

SavMandu

MBTI Type
IstJ
Enneagram
9w1
I had a long relationship with an ENFP that ultimately went nowhere. She was a social butterfly with 8 hands and 12 cell phones and I was a serial thinker who could only keep track of one thing at a time. If there wasn't a crisis or drama going on, then it must have been a leap year. I had to break up with her because I was tired...I slept for six months in a stimulus free environment. But I'm sure others have had more positive experiences in ISTJ-ENFP situations...;-)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

aw that's flattering :hug:

same back at you though... ISTJs are what serious me tries to be. calm, grounded, loyal, responsible, and supportive - firm but caring.

I'd say an ENFP is everything I suppress. Compare me to an ENFJ, and they're everything I fight. There's a difference. I can connect with an ENFP because they're just more lively in areas I'm weaker at. In comparison to an xNFJ, they view the world in a truly opposite manner to me. Our first concern is the people around us and everything is always ready to be improved? No, thanks. Compare that to an ENFP who sees the world as having infinite connections and making their own decisions, values and morals the highest priority. I can relate to the ENFP easier.

An xNFJ takes reality for granted, in my eyes. An ENFP sees reality for more than it is.

this is interesting. NFJs feel more alien to me in this way also.

I had a long relationship with an ENFP that ultimately went nowhere. She was a social butterfly with 8 hands and 12 cell phones and I was a serial thinker who could only keep track of one thing at a time. If there wasn't a crisis or drama going on, then it must have been a leap year. I had to break up with her because I was tired...I slept for six months in a stimulus free environment. But I'm sure others have had more positive experiences in ISTJ-ENFP situations...;-)

:laugh: i am a serial texter, but your description makes me feel tired. i hope you recovered well.

SavMandu

MBTI Type
IstJ
Enneagram
9w1
"i am a serial texter, but your description makes me feel tired. i hope you recovered well."

I woke up from a seven year slump and have never felt better 8+)