• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] Are All ESFJs Like This?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*looks innocent* :cry: I tried to help you out, man, but you probably couldn't pick out my bluntly laid out ESTP style deal with this person plan. Sure I criticized you, but what did you expect? Me being helpful without getting a little fun out of the deal? ;)

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
This still doesn't make the person raising it look good.

Either they know of the fault, in which case their comparison is intellectually dishonest.

Or they don't, in which case there is no irony, just stupidity.
You short-sighted T. What matters is not the how of the comparison, but the why. Not the form, but the purpose.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You short-sighted T. What matters is not the how of the comparison, but the why. Not the form, but the purpose.

That is exactly what I was talking about.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This is exactly what I meant when I said we should be safe but not comfortable! Everyone has soundly spanked the OP for contributing to an atmosphere that would feel unsafe for an ESFJ, while still attempting to guard the safety of the OP, but not shying away from challenging the attitudes he brought to the table.

Bravo, folks!

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
This still doesn't make the person raising it look good.

Either they know of the fault, in which case their comparison is intellectually dishonest.

Or they don't, in which case there is no irony, just stupidity.

Blow it out your ass. honestly.

I brought up the analogy becuase the original comment was bigoted: it wasn't saying anything based on type preferences, it was just based on prejudice. (I'm starting to get tired of bringing that up, and other people have said this, so I'm probably being redundant by now). It wasn't meant to fit with every piece, it was meant to point out the bigotry of it. If you try to reverse engineer my comment to prove it wrong, you're being a bonehead.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
*looks innocent* :cry: I tried to help you out, man, but you probably couldn't pick out my bluntly laid out ESTP style deal with this person plan. Sure I criticized you, but what did you expect? Me being helpful without getting a little fun out of the deal? ;)

:yim_rolling_on_the_

It's okay. You can criticize INTPs. As I said before in a thread long, long ago: INTPs are machines. We do not feel pain. We only create pain.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
This is exactly what I meant when I said we should be safe but not comfortable! Everyone has soundly spanked the OP for contributing to an atmosphere that would feel unsafe for an ESFJ, while still attempting to guard the safety of the OP, but not shying away from challenging the attitudes he brought to the table.

Bravo, folks!

To my knowledge, ESFJs don't come here, and if they do, they don't stay long or participate much. I assume just the focus on theory is an atmosphere that makes them feel unsafe.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Blow it out your ass. honestly.

I brought up the analogy becuase the original comment was bigoted: it wasn't saying anything based on type preferences, it was just based on prejudice. (I'm starting to get tired of bringing that up, and other people have said this, so I'm probably being redundant by now). It wasn't meant to fit with every piece, it was meant to point out the bigotry of it. If you try to reverse engineer my comment to prove it wrong, you're being a bonehead.

Ah, I see. You weren't trying for an intellectual argument at all.

This was instead good ol' Feeler manipulation.

You compare the poster's stance to that of a RACIST. And since in these times no one (except fringe people) want to be a RACIST, he should modify his views to be in line with yours.

Bravo.

(And if you can't see what I am talking about, yeah, you probably aren't a T that has to deal with this on a continual basis.)

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
It's okay. You can criticize INTPs. As I said before in a thread long, long ago: INTPs are machines. We do not feel pain. We only create pain.

Well, according to you, the ESFJ is the Bliss Ninny and you've been reduced to venting/getting spanked on an internet forum. How easy it would've been to say "Awww :hug:!"

Anyways, I feel like my chain is getting jerked now and I'm over it. I don't feel chastised for anything cause nothing (from my lowly EFJ perspective) has been said that is wrong.

You're not going to be cast outside the city gates so don't worry.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Is it too late to talk about the frequency of judgement manipulation amongst ESFJs? :mellow:

Judgement manipulation is when a person wants you to do something, and speaks a negative judgement about you if you don't agree.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Almost all of my internet posting is on xanga where one-sided versions of events are okay. Hey, moderator, why don't you transfer this post to the blog section? :blush: Nevermind, it's too late.

what is xanga?
Anyway, despite all the stuff, it's really not that big of a deal. This kind of stuff just happened over and over again on this site, and eventually you bore the brunt of peoples frustration instead of someone, like... Blackwater, who would deserve it a lot more.
:hug:

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Well, according to you, the ESFJ is the Bliss Ninny and you've been reduced to venting/getting spanked on an internet forum. How easy it would've been to say "Awww :hug:!"

Anyways, I feel like my chain is getting jerked now and I'm over it. I don't feel chastised for anything cause nothing (from my lowly EFJ perspective) has been said that is wrong.

You're not going to be cast outside the city gates so don't worry.

I wasn't venting. I was complaining... umm, big difference. :D

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
what is xanga?
Anyway, despite all the stuff, it's really not that big of a deal. This kind of stuff just happened over and over again on this site, and eventually you bore the brunt of peoples frustration instead of someone, like... Blackwater, who would deserve it a lot more.
:hug:

Xanga is like LiveJournal or Blogger. Just a blog site.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
To my knowledge, ESFJs don't come here, and if they do, they don't stay long or participate much. I assume just the focus on theory is an atmosphere that makes them feel unsafe.

We have had a few. They have not been made to feel very welcome in the past. I think they would have stayed otherwise.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP

I would've thought a combination of them usually having other things to do like being more likely to have a RL, and plenty of RL people to talk with and share with, together with the negative treatment they get by the large number of INTP's here... would have more to do with it. I think the first point may be the case with extraverts in general...

Of course I'm aware of the irony of what I'm saying there... lol

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
You know, for the life of me, I cannot imagine why INTP-ness is so often correlated with Asperger's Syndrome... I can see why INTP's get so annoyed about it :dry: