• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] ESFJs and career choices

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I know ESFJs who are money motivated. But I don't know ESFJs who don't want to talk to people.

You see what I mean? There's too many inconsistencies with this guy. I think he is mis-typed.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm very inconsistent, you're right about that

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It may be interesting to ask [MENTION=13646]Haven[/MENTION] about how he relates his type and relatively unusual-for-type profession...

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Actually I like listening to people more than talking to them

I'm closest on s/n but my strongest preference is F, followed by J.

Programming is a job, I didn't pick it because I thought I'd like it, I picked it because I was convinced I'd hate any job so I might as well get one that gives me the freedom to work anywhere.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Actually I like listening to people more than talking to them
That doesn't sound very E!

I'm closest on s/n but my strongest preference is F, followed by J.

Programming is a job, I didn't pick it because I thought I'd like it, I picked it because I was convinced I'd hate any job so I might as well get one that gives me the freedom to work anywhere.
What about E and I?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION]

The way that you are typing this guy is a shitty way to type. Typing by E and I, and T and F mistypes people all the time. By that logic I am ENFP. I just think that the man is ridiculously id and for some reason relates to ESFJ (probably because of the Fe). This probably means that he is an ENTP.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Why doesn't that sound e? Are all extraverts incurious blabber mouths? I listen because I'm interested in other people.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Why doesn't that sound e? Are all extraverts incurious blabber mouths? I listen because I'm interested in other people.
No, of course not! It's just that ESFJs (at least the ones I know) are very chatty and very interested in talking to other people. In fact, I've seen ESFJ girls get mad at people for not wanting to talk.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No, of course not! It's just that ESFJs (at least the ones I know) are very chatty and very interested in talking to other people. In fact, I've seen ESFJ girls get mad at people for not wanting to talk.

This is me exactly except im less chatty and not a girl.

[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]

I relate to Ne more than Ni/Se but not Si. That's why I'm esfj and not enfj. Entp is a no.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so

I relate to Ne more than Ni/Se but not Si. That's why I'm esfj and not enfj. Entp is a no.

Haha ok, I got a different impression from your earlier post. You must've just been joking then.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

You relate to Ne because you are probably an Ne dom

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] insistence makes a poor substitute for knowledge, try learning a few things about ESFJs first. Or just let it go? I've considered many types over the years and this one fits me best. There are better ways of testing your theories that don't require badgering other people until they give you the reaction you're looking for.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] insistence makes a poor substitute for knowledge, try learning a few things about ESFJs first. Or just let it go? I've considered many types over the years and this one fits me best. There are better ways of testing your theories that don't require badgering other people until they give you the reaction you're looking for.

Explain what you meant in this comment...

The Great One

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Explain what you meant in this comment...

1. I don't relate to Se or Ni. At all.

2. I relate to Ne a lot, I use it a lot when programming or just fooling around. It seems to blend with Si when I notice similarities and differences between things that a lot of people don't seem to understand.

3. I've never felt like Ne was my dominant function. It comes up occasionally, but most of the time I'm using Si to perceive things, that is, how does it fit in with things I have previously experienced.

4. I'm not a perceiver. I make more lists and plan more things than you'd believe. I always have plans and backup plans, but I'm able to plan around people much better than I am at planning around abstract/inanimate things. I'm not an ENTP, I have too much Fe and too little Ne. It's there, obviously, it's just not dominant.

[MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] I said I was being facetious~~