• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] My child is ISJ

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wonder if [MENTION=10260]Moonstone3[/MENTION] is still around the forum to read these new responses...

Also:
@INTJ_Prodigy you have one freaking sick-nasty username! I used to be DragonProdigy93 on Personality Cage with a Bruce Lee avatar. Anyway, you must be a prodigiously skilled spirit of unprecedented power mwahahahaha! I hope to learn from the best, my friend.
Look at you two prodigies!

Y'all are firestarters -- twisted firestarters!

I love ISJ children.
SJ kids in general are the best. Not that I'm biased or anything. :laugh:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Some ISJ children can (and do) develop their intuition to become IN*J adults (as I did). This occurs usually during the teenage years, when intuition capacity and aptitude can analyzed by the self (though they don't know that's what happening) and they essentially "choose" a preference between sense and intuition. IN*J adults are extremely capable and intelligent in many fields, and usually assume leadership roles (with more clear definitions, now phrased as "goals")

Ive heard this type of interpretation before. How much weight it holds i'm not sure, but it does make sense that an individual changes states over the course of life.

On the other hand it could also be used to buy into an assumption that sensing types or intuitive types are just deliberately sticking by their own perspective, rather than it holding any consistent hold over how a person perceives information.

One could suggest that given this, why even have a theory in the first place? After all if we are nothing but changing states, there can be no legitimacy to the idea that people are of a certain style of information processing; they can just change it if they wanted to.

Clearly if Si can become Ni then people should not complain or even contemplate the issue of different perspectives clashing with each other. They should just 'get with the program' so to speak.

Also is this JUST a special gift allowed to ISJ's? Does this go back the other way towards INJ's? What of the other types? What about Feeling and Thinking? Do they do this too?

Can Thinking become Feeling and vice versa?

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
In reality, I just believe that this child is just introverted without really picking out which sort of function in life. Mostly because when I was a child, I was a less of a busy body who shouted down at the other kids for not following the rules, and more like a spacey kid who didn't get invited to things because of reasons. I did however pride myself in being the only child who was less likely to get on his parents nerve though. Outside of my 1-sh Te dom dad who didn't really appreciate it whenever I did inappropriate things, such as the fact that I playing with my food.

Kids aren't farted from the vagina with a type, it's mostly the result of habits that develop later in life and such.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
He could also be IFP.

Toddler is WAY too young. Sorry, but I think when people attempt to type small children it can be hit or miss, outside of introversion and extroversion.

I know a five year old, and by the time she was three, I was thinking ESTP. But then as she kept growing up I realized I also thought ESTJ could be a possibility.

Whatever she is, it's big, it's boisterous, it's almost overly confident, wildly social and bold and sometimes demanding, she has an incredible memory...but also constantly seeks adult friendship and sympathetic companionship, and enjoys having friends her own age.

I would say your child could be IxFJ or IxFP, and it's too soon to tell from what you've said.

My mom said she could tell we were all different people, that is me and my three sisters, by the time we were two or so, though.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
He could also be IFP.

Toddler is WAY too young. Sorry, but I think when people attempt to type small children it can be hit or miss, outside of introversion and extroversion.

I know a five year old, and by the time she was three, I was thinking ESTP. But then as she kept growing up I realized I also thought ESTJ could be a possibility.

Whatever she is, it's big, it's boisterous, it's almost overly confident, wildly social and bold and sometimes demanding, she has an incredible memory...but also constantly seeks adult friendship and sympathetic companionship, and enjoys having friends her own age.

I would say your child could be IxFJ or IxFP, and it's too soon to tell from what you've said.

My mom said she could tell we were all different people, that is me and my three sisters, by the time we were two or so, though.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I recently loosley typed my son and he came up ISJ. He's just a toddler, so I'm not pigeonholing him or anything, but he has very strong preferences and personality traits. My other son is older and ENP; they seem very different. I don't know much about this type and am not familiar with behavioral habits and preferences. I am INTP, so I'm on the other side. Can anyone shed some light on your childhood such as what you were interested in and what felt comfortable? I read a little online and in a few of my books, but I'd like to hear firsthand.
Some things I have noticed about him:
He tells me when he is ready for bed.
He sympathizes with emotions in other people.
He notices detail in his environment.
He goes with the flow and doesn't get upset when plans change.
He is cuddly.
He doesn't care for strangers at all.
When kids are playing, he will observe for a while before participating.

I guess I just feel that I'm a very logical type and I want to be sure I am giving him what he needs. I see differences in us. At first he felt needy to me, but now I just want him to have to best possible environment growing up:yes:

oh :wubbie:
what a cutie.
can I steal him?