• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJ female = often act (or perceived to act) like a male?

Taberculosis

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Betterhanded......

I was not raised in a typical household but I have done a shit ton of drugs. And I'm an ISTJ?

I know that if I have a child who does drugs or gets in trouble with drugs I would not be pissed that they were doing drugs. I'd be pissed they were dumb enough to get caught. I mean.... I hope I'd raise a child smart enough to get away with shit.

Then again. Maybe I'm an INTJ..... I still don't know.

Akari

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't see anything wrong with that. I hardly show any emotion in school, but I am warm to smart people and I ignore the stupid ones. Yeah, I can relate to your girlfriend, niki. It's easy to be silent about emotional things. There's nothing wrong with it.

And you usually have to be practical in this world to get most things done.

I am proud of my collection of sweatpants and hair bands.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
my sister is iSTj , while my mother is iSFj . Kinda tough combination. They have the same topics to talk about, but with different approaches. I try to delegate between them to my best, when I am there; for my father being an F-Type too, I mostly stand on my sisters side (as far as you can with a 14 year old teenager :)).

In my country there are pretty much iSTj females.

Cant really say much about them. I never had major problems in dealing with them, but I have to be tense and steer a clear direction in the presence of an iSTj woman.

I had one close iSTj friend and she really hated me :). We got pretty well along with each other in groups (she moved to another city) and played verbal volleyball, I really liked her for that. I remember one occasion on a party, where she and me were pretty drunk, she came to me and shed a tear on some asshole that has let her down. I tried to be a friend for as good as I could in that moment and she thanked me for that later.

I myself dont think that iSTj are the center of an emotional void. As with all types, who are not that prone to emotion, they can learn anything they want to learn, from a caring, resbonsible and strong partner, they are comitted to and who is comitted to them.

Papst Benedict IX has spoken !

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Here where I live ISTJ is the German stereotype. :D

Hehe, never thought about that this way. It would explain, why I havent had a german girlfriend so far in my 25 years. I seem to attract especially frensh woman :wubbie: .

Just yesterday I read about the cultural Stereotype thing and searched the net for some information. Found out about the book called "Where in the World Do I Belong?" and I am considering to buy it.

Do you happen to know a site about cultural steoreotypes by any chance ? Seems to be an interesting aspect of the mbti worth further studies :).

greetings

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
Do you happen to know a site about cultural steoreotypes by any chance ? Seems to be an interesting aspect of the mbti worth further studies :).

greetings

No, I'm afraid I don't... :( But, yes, I agree that it would be very interesting. :yes:

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
Yes.
My mother is an ISTJ, and I know two other women.
She is a bit militant, critical, rational and not so much focused on feelings. If that isnt manly I dont know what is. lol.

But seriously, ISTJ women are totally more manly than some men.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
:huh: hmm.. maybe i shold move to german and become a quite normal people there.. I've got all ISTJ traits mentioned above.. :doh:

Really? Strange, but I have loads of German friends and it's true that I feel more normal when I'm over there!

Well I'm an ISTJ and I agree that we come across as masculine but people underestimate our femininity.
Okay, I really am masculine and feel very awkward with 'girly girls'. I'm analytical, apparently I come across as cold and people have said I seem scary on the first meeting (which is disconcerting as I'm really loving and protective!) and I'm aggressive. I believe in responsibility and appropriate discipline. I cannot stand people who are irresponsible. I'm methodical. I think the 'Inspector' handle is so apt! I spent the most part of my life wanting to be a journalist and ended up as a crime reporter on a local paper for a short while. I've also strongly considered joining the police, but I'm definitely not physically fit enough (I hate sport, but I'm slim so I don't care). I reckon I'd also mentally be great for the army and military strategy, but again, the physicality scares me off.

Yeah, so it's probably no wonder that I'm not lusted after by males, or so it seems anyway. The most disturbing thing for me is when guys actually seem to think they're speaking to a man when they're talking to me! (Fyi: I look very feminine) For example they might discuss women and their deepest intimacies or desires about other women in front of me as if I'm one of the guys (I think I'm privileged to hear all this information!). In my previous house only one of my housemates was a guy and he often talked to me about his 'girls', referring to our other housemates, or he'd give me knowing guy looks. :shock: I've had my fair share of boyfriends though, and I'm currently in a long term relationship, so I'm not complaining really, but I would like to receive compliments more. Oh, and I definitely don't believe I'm inferior to men. I think having a male and female perspective possibly makes me mentally tougher.

Basically, it has undermined my self-esteem, because I regard myself as 'manly' and therefore less adequate than 'real women'. I may look like a woman but only intelligent women 'get' me.

Deva - I have to disagree with you about not being motherly. I feel very maternal and think ISTJs probably make some of the best mothers because we're not irrational (as my own dear mother is). Probably the feeling that I've already met 'the one' helps. I want his kids!

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
One phrase I really enjoy is "calm, cool, and collected" (thanks, Deva.) It defines the general attitude/mindset that I portray 99% of the time. I am rarely ever facially expressive.

So true, but not sure about you but I have almost an emotional turmoil inside, so I don't really understand this. So many people praise my calm attitude, but I know that if really pushed to my limit I'd be quick to express my anger (the easiest emotion for me to express.)
I've kind of moulded myself into the 'strong' one and I'm basically a protector. I'm protective of my boyfriend (who is definitely the Feeling type), not that I'd let him know!! Again, that's the masculine role I suppose. But mothers are also meant to be protectors!

I think it's all because I've been hurt by many people in my life and it's a good barrier.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Definitely. ISTJ is one of the most masculine personalities out there, for sure.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
This is how it's like to grow up in an ISTJ household:

Pot smoking son: I love drugs
ISTJ parent: NO DRUGS! Verbally shouting and angry. DRUGS ARE EVIL YOU ARE EVIL. DO WHAT I SAY OR YOU ARE A EVIL BAD PERSON.
Pot smoking son: I'm going to do cocaine tomorrow. heh heh heh.
Pot smoking son then spends the next 10 years doin Meth, getting HIV, and becoming a gay person.

That's more like an ESTJ parent... ISTJs don't shout! And we are never angry openly. :hi:

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I've got this friend, who is an ISTJ female (according to a test, but I think she's more like ESTJ, or something.. or ISTP... there's gotta be Se anyways), and she's very male-like. She's almost macho at times. :D

-She likes violent action games. World of Warcraft is for sissies, since there's no real action and violence. "Just some god damn wussy elves jumping around giggling."
-She said to me once: "I'd like to beat up some one right now... some one weak, so I couldn't lose... Just beat up her real good, a cat fight!"
-She's very straightforward in relationships. She hasn't comprehended the concept of "hard to catch" (which seems to be the 1st rule in the ENFP book for rules of engagement).

She has even said that she has way more testosterone than what I ever had. I think she's right! :D (Yes, she looks like a genuine woman... no doubt about her gender.)

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I've got this friend, who is an ISTJ female (according to a test, but I think she's more like ESTJ, or something.. or ISTP... there's gotta be Se anyways), and she's very male-like. She's almost macho at times. :D

-She likes violent action games. World of Warcraft is for sissies, since there's no real action and violence. "Just some god damn wussy elves jumping around giggling."
-She said to me once: "I'd like to beat up some one right now... some one weak, so I couldn't lose... Just beat up her real good, a cat fight!"
-She's very straightforward in relationships. She hasn't comprehended the concept of "hard to catch" (which seems to be the 1st rule in the ENFP book for rules of engagement).

She has even said that she has way more testosterone than what I ever had. I think she's right! :D (Yes, she looks like a genuine woman... no doubt about her gender.)

ESTJ! :yes:

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think there's a fine line between ISTJ and ESTJ. I'm sure I step over it sometimes when I feel more extraverted.