• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISJs as collectors

Spartan

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't collect things very much. I remember one time when I was like 10 when I would collect the coupons down the aisles of the grocery stores, but besides that, collecting isn't a hobby.
If I haven't used something for a long amount of time and it has some value, chances are I will put it up on eBay or have a garage sale.

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I collect comic books. Mostly DC, few Marvel/Dark Horse/Arcana/Aspen/etc. or independent. Green Lantern & Corps., Blue Beetle, and Simon Dark are my current favorites.

sassafrassquatch

Collecting things would conflict with my need to be burdened with as few possessions as possible. I do have an impulse to preserve old things that matter to me like Commodore computers. I have a C=64 which I keep in my closet but if I were to start buying complete sets of Commodore hardware on eBay it would consume me and I would have all that junk lying around unused. So I don't let myself get started on anything.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
ISJs are weird

I find them them quite dull...but I greatly appreciate their practicality and grounded...ness.

My grandfather is an ISTJ. The only thing he's collected ( To my knowledge) are national geographic. His garage is FULL of them dating back to...probably the begining of their publication.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Socionics describes SLI (Si-Te) as being anti-collectors, throwing away anything they don't need without hesitation. True for me - I enjoy simplicity, as too many objects have an overbearing impact on the psyche. Collecting knowledge is different though - ISTJ's typically collect a lot of knowledge. In that way they are more factual rather than logical, as compared to NTP's. Interestingly, the collectors of material objects that I do know happen to be ENFJ and INFJ.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do have a tendency to collect and archive things, I do do.

I'm not sorry