• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Where my ISFJs at?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
They have inferior Ne.

They want to come here about as much as INTP's typically want to participate in a huge, annually-held formal dinner. Or rather, want to come here about as much as INFJ's would like to attend wild, crazy, drunken parties where the police get called.

Get the idea?

I do know at least one ISFJ who uses the internet a lot. Invariably it seems they use the web for something more task focussed... so if they have a hobby they'll spend a lot of time discussing it in detail, or asking for guidance. If (and they usually do) they have people they care about, the internet is a key tool for communication. So they can be heavy email users, and as introverts email gives them time to compose the introvert feelers friend : the letter explaining how they feel.

Don't seem that they much care for something freeform like a generic discussion board. For them, it seems like a site without a purpose?

-Geoff

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have an ISFJ friend who's a history buff. She uses eBay a lot to buy historic artifacts. She sends email, uses AOL instant messaging, she maintains a website with historical information on it.

I think she has a high P factor also. It comes out every now and then.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
My boyfriend uses the internet & talks on AIM if he has a specific person he needs to talk to... definitely not one for aimless internet use, I guess. He tends to surf around the web based on his interests, just MBTI isn't really one of them. Like when we were planning a vacation, he spent hours on the internet trying to find the best prices, best places to go, etc and sent me websites every two seconds to check out. However, without a purpose, he tends to not bother with it as much as me (who's downloaded the StumbleUpon toolbar for aimless internet searching, haha).

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I play music, used to front a rock band. Now I have a 2-year-old and I knit, sew, and crochet. I'm learning to cook also!!
I play acoustic guitar, sing, and write songs, but I don't know what it means to "front" a band. :confused:

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
I have found that I will test as an ISFJ once in a while...I guess that I should change my type to ISxJ then? Judging by some of the comments made about ISTJ types as I search the forums...maybe it would be better.

"I am what I am" - Popeye or...God? Either way it's good.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have found that I will test as an ISFJ once in a while...I guess that I should change my type to ISxJ then? Judging by some of the comments made about ISTJ types as I search the forums...maybe it would be better.

"I am what I am" - Popeye or...God? Either way it's good.
ISTJs are very matter of fact. ISFJs are very caring. SJs are good people to know.

All types have strengths and weaknesses.

LizMusica

hey, just entered this place and I have something in common... I play guitar and sing but no longer in a band boo hoo...

anyways nice to see you all

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
My ISFJ girlfriend uses the internet mostly for IM

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
There used to be some more ISFJ's, but a lot of them seem to have disappeared or have not posted much.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
hey, just entered this place and I have something in common... I play guitar and sing but no longer in a band boo hoo...

anyways nice to see you all
Welcome! :hi:

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
The majority of the folks on this site are INxx, according to a poll here. It's my opinion that the majority of people who use the internet are N types. The chances of having S types here are small, but not impossible.

Well actually, I'll bet that since theorists SEEM overrepresented on forums, I'll guess that people here most often falsly identify as intiution and thinking preferences. (And when I say falsely, I MEAN it. This is why, when I talk about the "types" on this thread, I always say "self-identifying ___s". Really, I think the actual type representation here would be incredibly different from the self-identification)

redacted

Well actually, I'll bet that since theorists SEEM overrepresented on forums, I'll guess that people here most often falsly identify as intiution and thinking preferences. (And when I say falsely, I MEAN it. This is why, when I talk about the "types" on this thread, I always say "self-identifying ___s". Really, I think the actual type representation here would be incredibly different from the self-identification)

i totally agree. it took me over a year to realize i'm an F :)

thought i was ENTP for a while.

also, the general attitude here is pretty anti-S.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
i totally agree. it took me over a year to realize i'm an F :)

thought i was ENTP for a while.

also, the general attitude here is pretty anti-S.

Hope I am not going off topic but I don't understand why so many people dislike Sensors. Intuitives are great but if there weren't any Sensors who would implement all of our wacky ideas?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
hey INTJMom! Hope your doing well, thanks for the welcome...

wait maybe the reason so many Sensors arn't here is because many people here dont care for them? Whats the big deal?

dont attack me... im new:hi:
I was unaware that people don't like them. I think not many S types spend much time on the computer talking about ideas. I think every type has gifts, talents and strengths that we can all learn from and improve on.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think I may tell my friend who tested ISFJ in highschool about this site. She's very nice you'll like her, I suspect (that you is the plural you). She's a psych major, never pegged her much as the forum type, but who knows she might enjoy it here.