• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs (or all SJs) What do you think of these quotes?

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
I have some quotes I want your opinions about... let's start with this, by William Dyer, I heard it in a short film...

"Fear of the unknown.
They are afraid of new ideas.
They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based on 'if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me'. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious."

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
"Fear of the unknown.

Scares the hell out of me .. I said to someone recently, it's not to bad when you face the unknown with someone else as you equally look out for the other. Strength in numbers i suppose.

They are afraid of new ideas.

No, i don't mind new ideas. If it makes my life more simple, then bring it on.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based on 'if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me'. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.

Familiar is OK, it's comfortable. Sometimes though you need to step out of that comfort zone and explore new ideas and possibilities.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Correct, sometimes though the most beautiful thing is staring right at you and you are unable to see it due to preconceived ideas of what beauty should be.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Thanks!! If someone told you that speech, what would your immediate answer be? Would you agree or debate it?