• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's and self reliance ..

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am curious .. How self sufficient are you? Do you find it easy to ask for help when required or would you rather go it yourself? If you was unemployed, would you be happy to lean on your partner/parents for financial assistance and for how long would that be acceptable in your eyes?

If you would like to add any further comments, then please feel free :D

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh I'm horrible when it comes to asking for help. I'm constantly offering other people help, but when it comes to myself, I never ask until I absolutely have no choice. Thankfully, I've got a few really good friends that know just when something is going on with me (mannerisms change) and they call me out on trying to hide it.

Funny how I'm always on top of it and offering help to others, but I can't open my mouth and ask for help when I need it!

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I started to be ashamed of myself when I was 18 and relying on my parents for money. It took two years of search, and, I started working at 20.

When it comes to help, I don´t ask for it because I think and try all possible solutions when facing a problem. Also, recognizing that I can´t do something brings thoughts of being incompetent or faulty. So far, I could get over major difficulties by myself.

Another problem is, being my friends´conflict-solver has placed me in the role of advisor, rather than somebody who has issues, or who needs to be taken care of. Once I assumed my role in the group, I never thought of asking for help either.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My self-sufficiency depends on how self-sufficient I feel like I should be. I have standards for myself with regard to that. It's really a balance between my pride and my need for things to be done WELL, process notwithstanding. If I need help, I pretty much always ask for it, but sometimes getting that help (especially from particular people) makes me ashamed. I find myself thinking "This is horrible. I feel weak and helpless and I'm depending on these people who I should either never depend on, or depend on as little as possible. I hate every minute of it."

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love generous and dependable people. They make me want to give my everything to them. :wubbie: Unfortunately, I hardly know anyone who embodies both of those traits together.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love generous and dependable people. They make me want to give my everything to them. :wubbie: Unfortunately, I hardly know anyone who embodies both of those traits together.

When someone gives everything to everyone, it tends to expend stable elements that help make a person reliable.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
My self-sufficiency depends on how self-sufficient I feel like I should be. I have standards for myself with regard to that. It's really a balance between my pride and my need for things to be done WELL, process notwithstanding. If I need help, I pretty much always ask for it, but sometimes getting that help (especially from particular people) makes me ashamed. I find myself thinking "This is horrible. I feel weak and helpless and I'm depending on these people who I should either never depend on, or depend on as little as possible. I hate every minute of it."

Mmmm, yes, pride is such a pain when it gets in the way. I think that's what my big problem is. I grew up an only child, so all my life I was called a spoiled brat that got whatever I wanted. When I hit 16 and started driving, I got a job and became very independent. Since then it's been really hard to ask for anything because I don't ever want someone to be able to say that my parents give me whatever I need because I'm an only child and spoiled rotten.