• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJ & ESFJ relationships

G

GirlAmerica

I have picked up lately....many of them seem to exist. Do they work?

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram
Do they work? For a little while. Then the control & mood issues come up and the neither the ESFJ nor the ISTJ like to give up control. And since the ESFJs are better manipulators than the ISTJ, the ESFJ usually comes out ahead.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I have never dated an ISTJ but my son is one.

We get on great and like each others sense of humour. He's very kind, considerate and practical. He likes his space which i understand and he is aware when i am worried so gives me the common sense speech.

I know mother/son relationship is different to partners so who knows.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
the most common husband/wife american pairing on tv is an ESFJ wife and ISTJ husband. But like saslou's situation, my mother is an ESFJ also. my biggest complaint to her is, "When are you going to stop doing everything for everyone else, and think about yourself?"

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My mom is and ESFJ. She married two NPs before marrying my step-dad who is and ISTJ. They've been married 25 years now and they're both happy. My son is also and ESFJ and his closest relative besides myself is his uncle who is and ISTJ.