• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ .. What are you feeling at this moment???

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Melancholic. Not completely depressed, mind you just....detached, desiring to retreat from the world.

Ok, maybe depressed then.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Annoyed. Annoyed at myself that I cannot seem to pin down a job. Annoyed that my worth will always be in what I contribute and thus without contribution I am worth nothing.

T

The Iron Giant

Annoyed that my worth will always be in what I contribute and thus without contribution I am worth nothing.

This is only true if you leave it up to others to define your worth. Others aren't qualified to evaluate you, only you are.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
This is only true if you leave it up to others to define your worth. Others aren't qualified to evaluate you, only you are.

Well it would help if I didnt have to live off my parents. It's hard to put on an air of self assurance and sufficiency when you are aware of your own dependance on someone else.

ohtochooseaname

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Monetary contributions, including self sufficiency, are only a very small part of the value you bring: most people will value (or devalue) you far more for how you make them feel rather than your monetary situation.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Monetary contributions, including self sufficiency, are only a very small part of the value you bring: most people will value (or devalue) you far more for how you make them feel rather than your monetary situation.

This is true. But until I can bring forth some great change in the world systems of economy, it is unfortunate that part of being independant, while it must start within the mind, you can only act upon it outwardly with monetary gain.

Although that is not necessarily my primary motivation. I think the problem stems not from what people think so much as how people treat you based upon what they think.

ohtochooseaname

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
This is true. But until I can bring forth some great change in the world systems of economy, it is unfortunate that part of being independant, while it must start within the mind, you can only act upon it outwardly with monetary gain.

Although that is not necessarily my primary motivation. I think the problem stems not from what people think so much as how people treat you based upon what they think.

So, maybe the issue is more that you base your self-worth on your ability to be independent? No one is an island. I can certainly see how it would be difficult to have self respect when everyone else seems to value the things you are not good at, especially in first impressions, instead of valuing you for what you do contribute.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
So, maybe the issue is more that you base your self-worth on your ability to be independent? No one is an island. I can certainly see how it would be difficult to have self respect when everyone else seems to value the things you are not good at, especially in first impressions, instead of valuing you for what you do contribute.

I think that is basically the problem. I do value what I can bring for others. But sooner or later the sad reality is that my parents will not be there forever, one has to break free from the nest and do something of a productive nature.

It's also interesting that the real goal is what life is good at: Striving.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION] why is it that in every thread I see you posting, someone is there trying to "fix" you?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
[MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION] why is it that in every thread I see you posting, someone is there trying to "fix" you?

Yeah I think ive been projecting a selfish 'wallowing in misery' type thing lately, I need to stop it really. It's irritating and doesnt help anyone.

I believe the problem is I give too much power to my enviroment and leave too little for myself. But this is all attention seeking and off topic, besides I dont think people are trying to fix me so much as offer decent advice.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Comtemplative. Discovered a few things about myself I didn't like...but also how to fix them. Am I strong enough to act on that though?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Comtemplative. Discovered a few things about myself I didn't like...but also how to fix them. Am I strong enough to act on that though?

Do eeeeet. ;)

I've been contemplative too. Me thinking never turns out well, I should stop. :S

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wel...I'm acting on it. I have no idea what this "thing" is that I'm acting on, only that I'm doing.

Inferior Ne goofing with me? Perhaps....but I like it >8)

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I just found out how much money the family that owns the company where I work make, or more specifically, where the money we aren't using to hire people is going. I am PISSED and I want to quit. I'm working at below market rate for my career supporting their "baby" company so they can live in a giant house. I feel like a giant sap.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Very afraid. Have to remember not to play with fire.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I would like to ride a mechanical bull once in my life before I die.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
BURNOUT

Also, still feeling ripped off by my employers. I'm going to quit this month, I swear.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've come to realize that some people don't have a romantic bone in their body and they are hopeless.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see FP's bragging about using their Te, FJ's bragging about using their Ti and TJ's bragging about using their Fi, but rarely TP's bragging about using their Fe. I wonder why. It's a little suspicious even. Not because of the people, but because I suspect the definitions/descriptions of Fe are a bit off the mark (compared to what really goes on with people).