• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Ask an ISFJ 1.0!

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
If you may permit me as an outsider to post 5 things I like about the ISFJ type (and I'm really referring to female ISFJs here) these would be they:

1. Your warmth & caring attitude. People come first. Some of us "other types" actually need that.
2. Your reliabilty. When you say something will happen it always does.
2. Your ability to express your mind succinctly and intelligibly but with warmth.
3. Your ready assumption of the role of family matriarch.
4. Your willingness to move mountains for those you love.
5. Your parenting.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
You're quite welcome!
we're very much creatures of habit and when someone buggers up our routines or expectations (and our sense of security or stability that comes with all that) we tend to react very negatively and as such people tend to see us as being very much "sticks in the mudd"

You know, I really get that.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
You're quite welcome!
we're very much creatures of habit and when someone buggers up our routines or expectations (and our sense of security or stability that comes with all that) we tend to react very negatively and as such people tend to see us as being very much "sticks in the mudd"

You know, I really get that.

If you may permit me as an outsider to post 5 things I like about the ISFJ type (and I'm really referring to female ISFJs here) these would be they:

1. Your warmth & caring attitude. People come first. Some of us "other types" actually need that.
2. Your reliabilty. When you say something will happen it always does.
2. Your ability to express your mind succinctly and intelligibly but with warmth.
3. Your ready assumption of the role of family matriarch.
4. Your willingness to move mountains for those you love.
5. Your parenting.

Zelo, Those are really great things. I like those things, too.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFJs, as SF types want do you think of other Ss and/or Fs that think they are or at least want to be Ns and/or Ts?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFJs, as SF types want do you think of other Ss and/or Fs that think they are or at least want to be Ns and/or Ts?

I could not possibly care. That's their business.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I don't like when S's change to N's. :mad:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't like when S's change to N's. :mad:

I asked this question because I could be an S who thinks I am N. That must mean I just joined the dark side and fell for the illusion!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I asked this question because I could be an S who thinks I am N. That must mean I just joined the dark side and fell for the illusion!

Correct!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do any of you ISFJs both like sports and are good at them or do you at least know any ISFJs who are?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do any of you ISFJs both like sports and are good at them or do you at least know any ISFJs who are?

Gosh, there's only two of us here now? :(
I like sports.
But I'll probably get bored of it quicker than a guy would.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

When I was in middle school/high school I did a stint where I tried my hand at basketball. I couldn't dribble the ball worth a shit but swatting down a shot from a guy shorter than me was awesomely satisfying.

Since then though....no, not really :mellow:

theWurdsmith

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just for me anyways...

1) I thrive on attention and affection and wither and become distant and distrustful without it. I don't mean you need to constantly dot on me but the best way to keep happy is a steady, consistent stream of interest from you

2) I *really* do not like unexpected surprises (unless they involve me coming home and finding my SO waiting for me with nothing but a rose between her teeth. That is completely acceptable ;) )

3) I often come into anything I do with a certain set of expectations, be it my job or or a relationship. These projections may or may not be realistic or fair. The more the reality strays from these expectations, the more difficult time I have dealing with it. That's not to say I won't eventually adjust (I will) it just means I won't do so quietly.

4) I can't handle betrayal at all. You betray me or abuse me without a really damned good justifiable cause and you're on my blacklist until the end of time. Deal with it.

5) I often take up a caregiving role with someone, even if they don't truly need it. Humor me if you may, but otherwise gently let me know it's not necessary.

My ISFJ besty (yep an isfj+entp mix that completely works) is all of this that you have just listed. Nice post!

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ISFJ besty (yep an isfj+entp mix that completely works) is all of this that you have just listed. Nice post!

Oh wow really? You don't happy to live in NE florida do you?

And yeah, I could see an ISFJ/ENTP dynamic duo working :)

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Gosh, there's only two of us here now? :(
I like sports.
But I'll probably get bored of it quicker than a guy would.
This is random, and I hope you don't mind, but having read through this thread, you seem much like one of my best friends who is ESFP, Giggly.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Should I bother with people who aren't reciprocal? Like if I don't reach out, I never hear from some people. I spent years listening to an ESFP's tragic life, marital issues, drinking problem, overall self sabotage with nothing to show, not even a Christmas card or phone call. I'm at the point where I need to cut her off for my own good.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Should I bother with people who aren't reciprocal? Like if I don't reach out, I never hear from some people. I spent years listening to an ESFP's tragic life, marital issues, drinking problem, overall self sabotage with nothing to show, not even a Christmas card or phone call. I'm at the point where I need to cut her off for my own good.
I don't think you should in general, though there are some exceptions (i.e. if a friend is going through a rough time and can't be as attentive to you as they should be for a while). I have had similar issues with people I have suspected are ESFP, coincidentally. If I were you, I would cut her out for sure. Don't let her prey on your good will and sap away your spirit!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is random, and I hope you don't mind, but having read through this thread, you seem much like one of my best friends who is ESFP, Giggly.

Hi. Maybe we're long lost twins. :)

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. I know you're disappointed in this person, I think you should distance yourself from this person and the situation if it's really upsetting to you, but keep an open mind to the possibility of them coming back to you in the future. Sometimes people are just terrible human beings and don't deserve your time but sometimes people are going through tough times and act in very impolite ways. One day they may come out of their fog and see/remember you and reach out to you and it would be nice if you were there for them.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I don't think you should in general, though there are some exceptions (i.e. if a friend is going through a rough time and can't be as attentive to you as they should be for a while). I have had similar issues with people I have suspected are ESFP, coincidentally. If I were you, I would cut her out for sure. Don't let her prey on your good will and sap away your spirit!
Hi. Maybe we're long lost twins. :)

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. I know you're disappointed in this person, I think you should distance yourself from this person and the situation if it's really upsetting to you, but keep an open mind to the possibility of them coming back to you in the future. Sometimes people are just terrible human beings and don't deserve your time but sometimes people are going through tough times and act in very impolite ways. One day they may come out of their fog and see/remember you and reach out to you and it would be nice if you were there for them.

Thank you [MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION], for your replies. On one hand, I'm sympathetic, but on the other it's too exhausting, and honestly how many times can I listen to her gripe about how fucked up her life is?? I have issues of my own that I'm trying to deal with!

She hasn't contacted me in a while so I thought I was out of the woods, but today she's back in touch (on fb and calling) and I'm unsure of how to handle this. I realize people have problems, but the whole taking and never giving thing doesn't work for me. Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned earlier, but she's pregnant with her boyfriend's baby, and I've been her sounding board through most of the drama. When she separated from her husband and got her own place, her drinking continued, which led to her being a dumb ass and getting knocked up. She already has 5 kids (three of her own and her sisters two kids), so this baby will make 6 total. :shock: Also, I've never been a trashy person, so I admit I am judgmental towards her, even though I've tried very hard not to be. It's just that when she keeps fucking up and making stupid mistakes, I can't help but judge her, and myself for being associated with her.

Several of us were going to throw her a shower, but since she puts forth so little effort towards the friendship none of us have any interest in knocking ourselves out for her. I wish her well, but at this point I just want a peaceful drama free exit.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Depending on how unpleasant she is, I'd either cut her out immediately (not respond to any messages and if she does get through to you eventually, just tell her you've been very busy) or I'd start phasing her out (talk to her less and less while making your disdain for her known until eventually you're just hanging out with other people).

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
How do you ignore someone on fb? I get that you don't reply, but she is starting to become confrontational.