• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJ - How would you feel/how you'd prefer to act in this situation

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Say you're sitting on the train, and say a guy you half-know (because he's in the same class as you, has spoken to you once 3 years ago) casually ends up sitting just in front of you. Say you have a crush on this guy, but you know he has a girlfriend, thus you (probably? I don't know about this) don't really think about the possibility of hooking up anyway.

How would you feel? How much embarassment on a scale from 1 to 10? How would you prefer the guy to act? Talk with you about casual stuff? Would that make you more comfortable, or less?

P.S. you've never explicitly told the guy that you like him, but you've looked at him/followed him/etc. in such a way that he kind of has a clue about your feelings.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not an ISFJ girl, but I am a guy and I'll answer as if the other person were a woman: I'd prefer she either

a) Act casually and friendly, talk to me about friendly stuff
b) Keep to themselves, acting not as if they are necessarily ignoring me, just lost in their own thoughts or wrapped up in something that only involves them (i.e. reading a newspaper, checking their phone, texting, reading a book, etc..)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I had a crush on him, I'd still like it if he talked to me. It feels exciting when you get attention from someone you like even if the situation is less than ideal. I think that's human nature.

I don't have much experience with this situation to say for sure when the discomfort from him having a girlfriend would kick in, but it probably would not happen during our initial conversation. Especially if it's just a friendly and casual conversation.

I'd probably go home feeling all happy and:wubbie::wubbie::wubbie: and daydream about him. And then I'd get severely depressed after realizing that he has a girlfriend. :sadbanana::cry:

After that, I really can't say if I'd try to avoid him or not or how I would act towards him since I've never been in that type of situation.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Thanks both of you :)