• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJs Explained By ISTJs: Post your questions here!

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Good point. I wrote it that way because most people don't like feeling coerced, but different people (and perhaps types) may have different ideas as to what qualifies as "coercion" in the first place.

When someone seems to lay down comments or questions in a way that hint toward an "expected" path, a path they "expect" me to take and are waiting with their bait in the water, I take offense to that. I don't like being "led" to the place you want me to be; I'll make my own choices. Something like that... Still not very specific, but that involves interpretation that varies from person to person.

Good example. Like my ex-girlfriend used to give me the logic that 'this is what couples do'- as if I'm supposed to do some activity simply because others do it.

I respect logic, and I respect a chance to mull it over. I'll admit, it's my initial impulse to shoot down any attempt to change my view, but if I have time to realize it's not the end of the world to consider other's views, it fares better. And when I mean time, I don't mean hours. It can be as little as 1 minute.

This is not to say that being steadfast and rooted in an opinion isn't helpful. I spend a lot of time defending our approach to life- when it has it's place in life. Just like an ENFP's impulse to be open and consider other ideas- not that it's wrong, but certainly can be out of place when there is a need to hold your ground, and it needs to be checked.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
ISTJs, what is a good description of Si (online preferred) that you can relate to? Thanks!
(I'm also going to ask the ISFJs... don't feel obligated to answer if you can't find anything! :))

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
ISTJs, what is a good description of Si (online preferred) that you can relate to? Thanks!
(I'm also going to ask the ISFJs... don't feel obligated to answer if you can't find anything! :))

In forums, I don´t need to use trackbacks, or make abuse of the "quote" button.

I always remember who said what (if it was worth remembering). But, other people who don´t have such a keen memory always seem puzzled when I point out something that they said before.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz

I always remember who said what (if it was worth remembering). But, other people who don´t have such a keen memory always seem puzzled when I point out something that they said before.

uhh, i don't use the quotes to remember. they are a reference to a past post, as a correlation, for the intended reader whoever to note the reference. this seems a poor example.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
uhh, i don't use the quotes to remember. they are a reference to a past post, as a correlation, for the intended reader whoever to note the reference. this seems a poor example.

It may be poor, since I can better identify how I use Si in real life.

Also, explaining something to somebody by comparing it to my own personal experience, or to a situation that is familiar to me. And use that explanation and comparison as arguments.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!

I always get different users mixed up with one another...:huh:
This is impressive though. So if a user writes something, and something contradictory to it a few days later, and you've read both posts, you will immediately see the problem?
Can you remember which threads you posted in or do you have to subscribe?

It may be poor, since I can better identify how I use Si in real life.

Also, explaining something to somebody by comparing it to my own personal experience, or to a situation that is familiar to me. And use that explanation and comparison as arguments.

I can relate to this part.

Thanks Donna Cecilia, this is much appreciated. :D

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I always get different users mixed up with one another...:huh:
This is impressive though. So if a user writes something, and something contradictory to it a few days later, and you've read both posts, you will immediately see the problem?
Can you remember which threads you posted in or do you have to subscribe?

I can relate to this part.

Thanks Donna Cecilia, this is much appreciated. :D

You are welcome. :)

It is true, I can remember who said what, and in which thread. And notice contradictions as well.

I don´t suscribe to threads. I remember where I posted.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I keep track of 10 forums a day. I'd die without subscriptions. All my forum bookmarks are directly to the user control panel.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
^I think I joined after the last time you were here, so it's nice to meet you! :D

(x-posted from ISFJ thread) Please tell me if you identify with the following quote. Kindly do not search or otherwise look up where it's from ;). But I would like to know if you identify with it.
I often describe my thought process as something similar to browsing wikipedia. Starts with one page, find an interesting term and go to another page. This then leads to more and more pages until I forget what I was looking up in the first place. Browsers have back buttons. My mind doesn't work that [way]. I often go off on weird tangents and then spend an hour trying to remember what I meant to think about initially.

How often does something like this happen to other ISFJs? Or other SJs? It happens to me a lot, actually this is pretty much how I think all the time, and I thought it was a result of dom/aux Si but I am no longer sure.

Thanks, friends. :hug:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
My mind is much more focused than that. I can go off thinking about something completely unrelated to my surroundings and get lost in that. Like the last view days at work, I'd be in auto pilot working, but in my head, I was mulling over all the missions I've played in Starcraft 2, what I want to do in it, thinking ahead to what I need to get done over the next 2 weeks before school starts, looking over that day by day.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
My mind is much more focused than that. I can go off thinking about something completely unrelated to my surroundings and get lost in that. Like the last view days at work, I'd be in auto pilot working, but in my head, I was mulling over all the missions I've played in Starcraft 2, what I want to do in it, thinking ahead to what I need to get done over the next 2 weeks before school starts, looking over that day by day.

Ok, thanks raz.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
^I think I joined after the last time you were here, so it's nice to meet you! :D

(x-posted from ISFJ thread) Please tell me if you identify with the following quote. Kindly do not search or otherwise look up where it's from ;). But I would like to know if you identify with it.

How often does something like this happen to other ISFJs? Or other SJs? It happens to me a lot, actually this is pretty much how I think all the time, and I thought it was a result of dom/aux Si but I am no longer sure.

All right, I will not stalk that ISFJ, I promise you.

I agree to a certain extent. My Si mind has back button, bookmarks, and favourites.

I always keep my focus on the thing that piqued my interest at that moment, because I rarely, if ever, go off on tangents (I can say that I have AdBlock installed, to keep it in Internet language). My thinking processes are better matched to those of a research work. I first look for information, then store the useful pieces and put them together to understand things better. (Very much like when you copy paragraphs from the websites, and paste them in a new MS Word document.)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

Nice to meet you too!

And as for what you wrote- yes that happens to me. It happens pretty frequently, which is why I have to train myself to stay on target. There's nothing worse than that happening in the middle of you doing something important. I don't think this is related to type.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
We are saying this line quite often lately.

Still, I like that each one of us has its own style of being ISTJ.

Around here, SJ is the default type for anyone who displays some unappealing personality aspect.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Around here, SJ is the default type for anyone who displays some unappealing personality aspect.

I realized that.

But there are also those who disagree agree with that statement, and I´m glad to have discovered them.