• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJs Explained By ISTJs: Post your questions here!

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
A slightly humorous question... male ISTJ's... are you gun collectors? And if so, in your free time do you enjoy polishing your gun's?

Another random: Are all ISTJ's good at remember lyrics to song's after only one listen?

And third: Would most people consider you to be pretty funny and witty? I only know one ISTJ, and he's one of the funniest guys to be around. Me and my friend's even joke about how he practically has his own army of boys that follow him around and worship the ground he walks on.

LOL I don't collect guns, but I have my own gun show! I don't collect anything. Too much time and stuff. Clutter's not my friend at all.

I don't remember lyrics after one listen. Most of the time when I'm listening to music, I'll listen to the music first, then the hook, then I'll focus on the lyrics. But once I learn them, I'll rarely forget them.

Over the weekend My my brothers and my cousins were singing some old skool 90's classics.....We also took a lot of the younger kids out and played some games we played when we were little- it was crazy how many of those songs and chants I remember.

I won't forget a birthday though.

I am considered funny, and I did read that an ISTJ has the potential to be funny. It really depends on how tight they are wound. I do know that my humor is more witty, catching onto subtleties or some random fact that was mentioned and I bring up again in the near future. I guess with my Si I don't miss too much in my surroundings. I usually have those around me cracking up, and had and still have a pretty good following. It's wierd how that works.

Sunny Ghost

A slightly humorous question... male ISTJ's... are you gun collectors? And if so, in your free time do you enjoy polishing your gun's?

Another random: Are all ISTJ's good at remember lyrics to song's after only one listen?

And third: Would most people consider you to be pretty funny and witty? I only know one ISTJ, and he's one of the funniest guys to be around. Me and my friend's even joke about how he practically has his own army of boys that follow him around and worship the ground he walks on.

LOL I don't collect guns, but I have my own gun show! I don't collect anything. Too much time and stuff. Clutter's not my friend at all.

I don't remember lyrics after one listen. Most of the time when I'm listening to music, I'll listen to the music first, then the hook, then I'll focus on the lyrics. But once I learn them, I'll rarely forget them.

Over the weekend My my brothers and my cousins were singing some old skool 90's classics.....We also took a lot of the younger kids out and played some games we played when we were little- it was crazy how many of those songs and chants I remember.

I won't forget a birthday though.

I am considered funny, and I did read that an ISTJ has the potential to be funny. It really depends on how tight they are wound. I do know that my humor is more witty, catching onto subtleties or some random fact that was mentioned and I bring up again in the near future. I guess with my Si I don't miss too much in my surroundings. I usually have those around me cracking up, and had and still have a pretty good following. It's wierd how that works.
hahaha. i'm an isfp, and though i typically catch a lot of things, my memory is quite poor. i don't do too well to remember lyrics or chants for an extensive period. :(

read this link, and tell me how closely you think it relates to you:The REAL Personality Types Made Relevant
it's mostly exaggerated caricatures, but wonder if there is any truth behind it.
and this is another humorous one:Logical-Sensory Intratim - ISTj (The Pragmatist)

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9

No, my auditive memory is zero. I´m a visual person.

Most people I know keep saying that I´m a funny person, just because of my quick wit. But my type of humour is not the easy one, I use irony a lot, which can hurt some people, but those who understand it, love it.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I've rarely even touched guns. My parents grew up in the big city, and have always been against guns anywhere near their kids, so that's how I was raised. But as for the "collecting" angle, my father (ISTx) and I have a military history hobby: playing war strategy games, collecting magazines/articles, and sometimes buying models of tanks, etc. Not to the extreme some people do, though.

Not good at remembering lyrics after one time, but I'll tell you something interesting-- If I'm really fond of something like a song, I'll actively put effort into memorizing it. I might sit down and play that song again and again, until I start to get the hang of how it goes in my memory. That's just "fun" for me. So there is actually a thought process of mine that sees a work of art I like, and says, "Ooh! Let's memorize it!" :D

I used to have a reputation as being a funny guy, and quite weird, too. I think I know how to stay on most people's good side, too, which leaves me on good terms with huge numbers of people.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've asked before, but since we have some new people around...

ISTJs, do you have good leadership skills? Are you naturally a leader? Do you like being a leader?

What are the easy parts vs. hard parts of being a leader?

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I've asked before, but since we have some new people around...

ISTJs, do you have good leadership skills? Are you naturally a leader? Do you like being a leader?

I am and I like it. Although I don´t always want to take the lead in everything, leadership positions are pften assigned to me, both at work and in life. I´m a strict, yet fair leader.

What are the easy parts vs. hard parts of being a leader?

(I am doing some "copy-paste" of something I posted earlier about this in another Guardhouse thread.)

The easy part, at least for me, is organizing people, assigning tasks according to each team member´s skills, in order to get the job done in time and in the best possible way. It also allows me to focus in the overall process, rather than in every detail. But, when I find something or somebody who needs to be corrected, I do it straight away.

The hardest part, though, is to make them understand that my stern discipline towrads them is what gives me the best end result.

This is the example I´m copying.

Every time they send me a team to work at a congress or meeting, I get mean looks when I make them take out facial piercings, correct their posture, not use local jargon when the guests are from foreign countries, shave, change hairtsyles, wear makeup, clean shoes, stop chewing bubblegum, forbid alcohol consuption when it can be easily accessed, among other details.

We work in representation of our Country, so I make that every man and women there looks and behaves their best to make an impression. So, if anybody fails to abide by my orders, I send him/her back home, suspended. And ask the PR agency to not call him/her again.

Yes, I rule with an iron fist. Still, I also know how to reward the team for a job well done, which is what I always strive for.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Hi ISTJs,

Do you define yourself and others by professional status and amount of material wealth accumulated?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and for another question... is it a functions thing to like to be in control of home improvement activities or do I have a defective model that I need to return to the factory for a new chip? :cheese:

(because despite my usual spaciness and tendancy to injure myself, I'm actually pretty good at detail work, but the man will not trust me with power tools if there's an opportunity for him to use them... and I LIKE power tools :boohoo:)

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Hi ISTJs,

Do you define yourself and others by professional status and amount of material wealth accumulated?

Yes to the first, no to the second.

While it gives relevant information to define somebody (they measure personal growth and the will to improve), I don´t think it´s everything.

whatever said:
and for another question... is it a functions thing to like to be in control of home improvement activities or do I have a defective model that I need to return to the factory for a new chip?

No, you don´t need to. I´m not into DIY either. I have friends who are and I call them whenever I need to fix or improve something at home.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
we actually get in arguments over who gets to fix things occasionally :shock:

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
we actually get in arguments over who gets to fix things occasionally :shock:

In fact, I only do thing that I know that I can do well, otherwise, I pick the phone and buy a nice reward to give to my lucky assistant after the job is done.

If he´s good at DIY, I´m not surprised if you argue. I win every argument about who makes coffee in our friend meetings. I like it my way, and I hate the mental inertia of people who assume that everybody likes sweetened coffee.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
that's probably part of it... it's a competency issue on his part because he is pretty good at it and knows how he wants it done... on the other hand I'm an STP who likes to do things of the sort because it's FUN to play with tools and paint and such :doh:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Heck, I know an ESFJ that loves playing with power tools.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
that's because that person is sensible... power tools are FUN! :holy:

** whatever is of the beleif that any right minded person should volunteer to do rennovation work purely BECAUSE power tools are fun to use**

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
that's probably part of it... it's a competency issue on his part because he is pretty good at it and knows how he wants it done... on the other hand I'm an STP who likes to do things of the sort because it's FUN to play with tools and paint and such :doh:

I know what you mean. I have a SP friend who helped me with that, who also changed the colour of his house walls and the furniture´s position three times in six months, just because he gets bored of it quickly. :shock:

I don´t handle power tools because I don´t know how, and they are too heavy for me.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know what you mean. I have a SP friend who helped me with that, who also changed the colour of his house walls and the furniture´s position three times in six months, just because he gets bored of it quickly. :shock:

I don´t handle power tools because I don´t know how, and they are too heavy for me.

What I have found to get around my lack of Fi is I will help anyone and everyone renovate. I get to use all the tools, build things, fix things, and none of it is on my dime, doesnt require me to actually figure out what I want, etc. Its awesome.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
power tools are boring unless you have something to do with them.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Hi ISTJs,

Why is safety important to you?

Trying to see things from my friend's point of view...his lack of risk taking and willingness to pushing his abilities to new frontiers is boring

CocoB

MBTI Type
ENFP
If I let a girl in and she tore my heart out and riverdanced on it, I'd be a mess. I'd hate her, probably would want some kind of retaliation, and look for ways to get it.

Why? Because I let her access a place that nobody really has entered. I told my ex girlfriend that the feeling of fully trusting and letting go with feeling and all that is the last thing I'd hold on to in relationship, but once she got it, she had me. I know it takes work. Beauty, seduction, charm, or any of that stuff doesn't work well on me. You really have to be gifted to win me over.

What type was this guy? If he manipulated you, and you were able to flip the script on him, rip his heart out on V day, and he still send you poetry, you probably hit a spot with him. You are good! I don't think the guy's sending you them to bait you in/ just for kicks, you really have him sprung, and you hurt his feelings in a way no other girl did. Let me watch out for you!
I'm glad you touched on this... I know this is an OLD thread.. But, i'm new to this site. Your response intrigued me because i am having a bit of a conflict with a ISTJ male.... Me and him had a thing going for a while [[And STILL DO!]] we where BOTH in relationships with other people... However, his ended earlier than mine and he made it very clear with his words and actions that he wanted to be with me... I blew him off and kinda mistreated him because i was still in my relationship.. all the while we where still intimate (The istj male). Well, i'm out of my relationship because i realized i wanted the ISTJ male alll along... But, now it's like he is punishing me. He is very flaky.. We still have sex and talk for hours.. but then he will just DISAPPEAR.. Kinda like i use to do him. I've told him that i was sorry for the mistreatment and that i really liked him and how much i wanted him.... He sends me mixed signals.. One minute i feel like we're getting back on track and the next he's ignoring my calls.. Then he's return like nothing ever happened.. acting like he likes me and whatnot... I catch him looking at me alot when we're together... And he is very aggressive with me whenever he comes around, always grabbing me and touching me. I once told him i didn't want to have sex with him anymore, he didn't take me seriously... but once he realized i was, he blew my phone up for HOURS. Acting crazy!!

My question is.... Do ISTJ'S get revenge? and if so, When is ENOUGH? Do you guys Forgive? If so, WHEN? And, most importantly... From your point of view, Do you think this ISTJ male will forgive me? Is this just my punishment? If so, What should i do? I know you guys like consistancy... should i come on strong? Or fall back?
What's your verdict?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Should I forgive you for meeting your limit of fully capitalized words?