• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJs Explained By ISTJs: Post your questions here!

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have a question about ISTJs' attitudes toward dating.

You see, I have a date with an ISTJ next weekend, and from what I've gathered, ISTJs seem to be more observant of rules and trend towards a conservative attitude. As I am an INTP, it should come as no surprise it has been quite a long time since I've enjoyed some boot knocking. :hi:

I'm wondering, are people with this type likely to have a "no romping on the first date" rule? Please say no. I've exhausted my imagination.

First thing, make sure you go and make your proper intro to the forum! :yes:

Second, Direct your Ne to this: Not sure if you are a male or female, but boot knocking trends isn't something you can determine based on type. There's ultra conservatives of all types, just like there are freeks of all types.

ISTJs view of conservative is relative as well. We don't all follow some pre-programmed value system. Rules observation are based on experience (Si) and even personal feelings (Fi). So the only way you're going to know how far you're going to get is to find out. How you do that's up to you. :newwink:
I'm sure that special creative ability you INTPs have will get you there.

Are you a male or female? You sound like a guy, but I could be wrong.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I love Maximas, Infinitis, and Lexus, Audis, BMWs.

I like cars but I feel they are a waste of money at this point in my life. I'm trying to decide whether I'll buy or lease my next one.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
About "no romping on the first date".

ISTJs view of conservative is relative as well. We don't all follow some pre-programmed value system. Rules observation are based on experience (Si) and even personal feelings (Fi). So the only way you're going to know how far you're going to get is to find out. How you do that's up to you. :newwink:
I'm sure that special creative ability you INTPs have will get you there.

This is true.

If at some point during the date, I find the guy phisically attractive, but not entertaining enough for deserving a second date, I´ll have sex with him, because that would be the only good thing that (I suppose) we could do together. If sex turns out to be bad, well, I just added an attractive guy to my hitlist. That way, sex is easier and much less mind-exhausting to get than working into a series of boring dates.

So, as your main concern is to have sex with a particular ISTJ...

You just have to see how the date develops, and how you want your ISTJ target to see you. If it´s experienced, it will have a keen eye to tell if somebody is relationship-material, lover, or one-night-stand.

Square Circle

MBTI Type
INTP
So, as your main concern is to have sex with a particular ISTJ...

Don't get me wrong; it's certainly a high priority at this point, but I would prefer developing a lasting relationship with someone. This leads to my next question...

Suppose you find a guy to be potential relationship material. Are you likely to sleep with them on the first date?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
hi ISTJs
what's your favorite car

I'd say Scania K270
1016808_1.jpg

It has the best automatic transmission I've ever seen. You just step in, and it goes. :newwink:

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Don't get me wrong; it's certainly a high priority at this point, but I would prefer developing a lasting relationship with someone. This leads to my next question...

Suppose you find a guy to be potential relationship material. Are you likely to sleep with them on the first date?

No. And this has nothing to do with MBTI.

It´s about how the human mind works. If you have sex with somebody who is relationship material on the first date, you are sending him/her the opposite message. If you want to have something serious, leave sex for (about) the third week of dating. Just because, when somebody puts the "fling" label on a date (or, on yourself), it will be VERY hard to make him/her change its mind. If you want your date to consider you as relationship material, be patient.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz

It´s about how the human mind works. If you have sex with somebody who is relationship material on the first date, you are sending him/her the opposite message. If you want to have something serious, leave sex for (about) the third week of dating. Just because, when somebody puts the "fling" label on a date (or, on yourself), it will be VERY hard to make him/her change its mind. If you want your date to consider you as relationship material, be patient.

Really. So many unnecessary rules. You forget that anything can change at a moment's notice just because you or your partner have the will to change it. This is why I despise the dating world. The process of finding a significant other is reduced down to a game of chess.

Square Circle

MBTI Type
INTP

Thanks for the info! Women are a pretty much a mystery to me.

This is why I despise the dating world. The process of finding a significant other is reduced down to a game of chess.

I'm with you, raz. The "game" sends my Ti into a frenzy, which is difficult to shake. This usually amplifies my already rather pronounced awkwardness, something I'm working on.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Thanks for the info! Women are a pretty much a mystery to me.

I'm with you, raz. The "game" sends my Ti into a frenzy, which is difficult to shake. This usually amplifies my already rather pronounced awkwardness, something I'm working on.

You´re welcome. And yes, dating is a game. Much like Command & Conquer, which I enjoy a lot playing.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What's your secret to being so organized, with-it and disciplined?

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
In my case, I call it "natural talent" I can´t be any other way.

And I work every day to make it better.

Sunny Ghost

A slightly humorous question... male ISTJ's... are you gun collectors? And if so, in your free time do you enjoy polishing your gun's?

Another random: Are all ISTJ's good at remember lyrics to song's after only one listen?

And third: Would most people consider you to be pretty funny and witty? I only know one ISTJ, and he's one of the funniest guys to be around. Me and my friend's even joke about how he practically has his own army of boys that follow him around and worship the ground he walks on.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
What's your secret to being so organized, with-it and disciplined?

What can I say? LOL

Unfortunately, it's all a lie, a hoax! You've been bamboozled. LOL

I am not organized, with it, or disciplined- that is, until it really matters. Which means I can procrastinate with the best of them, then when it's crunch time, I get crazy focused to the point of neglecting everything and everyone.

I think that's another misunderstood aspect that's blanketed across one type. Or maybe it's just me.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Why do you care so much?

Wow....sometimes I ask myself the same question LOL

Although I have learned that I need to sit back and ask myself does whatever I am stressing over 'really matter'? Does it throw the whole project off course? Can I handled this after the major goal has been met?

I think this lesson learned is best exemplified with respect for time. If someone's having me over and they tell me it starts at 6, guess who's going to be there at 6? Since ISTJs can be literal beings, we try to be as exact as possible. Now, of course, there are events where being on time is of utmost importance, but for something more casual I won't die if I can't get there by the start time. I don't know how many times I've shown up somewhere and no one else is there, things aren't ready, or some other situation ( I have to help clean or set up).

I've even learned to spot people 15 minutes, even myself. I think that plays into it to. Since we're so literal, we expect everyone to operate by our standards, which makes us our own worse enemy if we are on the other side- being late will kill us.