• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJs Explained By ISTJs: Post your questions here!

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They have priorities, but the priorities are more and more not aimed at meeting other's expectations, the more P one is. It's a matter of degree. Very few people are extremely J or extremely P.

so it's a matter of preference of priorities? One on people, other on self? In a way, both are equally "responsible"?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They have priorities, but the priorities are more and more not aimed at meeting other's expectations, the more P one is. It's a matter of degree. Very few people are extremely J or extremely P.

hmmm, what is extremely in this instance?
My P is pretty high...Perceiving (P) 79.31% Judging (J) 20.69%

is that extremely? hope so

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
gigi...are you a type 7 enneagram?

just asking because i read type 7 and type 1 compatibility and it was pretty accurate in my experience...i could pm it to ya.

I've come out as both 7w6 and 4w3 lol... and 3w4 and 6w7....

but yes, please pm it to me =] are sj's usually ones?

Lisa*Lisa

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Just wanted to say that I'm loving this thread and all the input from you ISTJs. Thank you for starting it, IZthe411!

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
hi ISTJs

what's your favorite genre of music?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
hi ISTJs

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykKE19lheuA]Cascada - Evacuate The Dancefloor[/youtube]

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
hi ISTJs

I love all types, but I was raised on R&B/Hip-hop, so that's my base. I try to stay away from mainstream stuff though, I guess as an ISTJ my tastes are less defined by what's forced on you by the outlets and more on my tastes.

Lupe's my favorite rapper. His wordplay is ridiculous for someone so relatively young.

My barber also recommended John Mayer to me, so I'm getting into his collection. He's good.

I got room for about 2,000 more songs in my IPOD ( I have 4,300) So I'm always open for suggestions!

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hope this question hasn't been asked. :cheese:

My ISTJ friend's birthday is coming up. What do ISTJ's like to receive as gifts?

(I know this depends on the individual, but generally speaking...?)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hope this question hasn't been asked. :cheese:

My ISTJ friend's birthday is coming up. What do ISTJ's like to receive as gifts?

(I know this depends on the individual, but generally speaking...?)

Mature ISTJs (read: not kids) generally probably don't require much surrounding big events, like a birthday, and probably don't want a big party and hoopla surrounding it. They probably don't make specific requests. If anything they probably want something small with their closest friends and family, whether that be a party at the house, out at a bar/club, or a restaurant.

I think the best thing to do is to find out anything that they need by talking to them indirectly. Instead of asking them what do they want for their birthday (which is usually 'nothing' or 'whatever,') find out if they have their eye on some shoes, video game, CD, accessory, or whatever their hobbies are. You'll get the best reaction from taking care of these practical needs over something you never confirmed that they would want or need.

But it's the thought that counts. Anything you give to them would be well received; but if it's centered on something that they could use in real life (even food) they'd love it.

Lisa*Lisa

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
My barber also recommended John Mayer to me, so I'm getting into his collection. He's good.

I got room for about 2,000 more songs in my IPOD ( I have 4,300) So I'm always open for suggestions!

If you like jazz, check out the collaboration Herbie Hancock did with John Mayer called "Stitched Up"... great song (IMO).

G

garbage

Hey! You guys rule. I'm constantly going to my ISTJ boss/advisor to seek clarity of thought and a linear path toward some particular goal. It's a stark but welcome contrast to my own scatterbrained nature :cheese:

there sure wasn't a question there, but, well, there you go

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Do you guys get impatient with people like me, who aren't so competent and maybe have a hard time following the instructions which to you seem perfectly clear? If you haven't experienced this, do you think you would :D

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Do you guys get impatient with people like me, who aren't so competent and maybe have a hard time following the instructions which to you seem perfectly clear? If you haven't experienced this, do you think you would :D

The girl in your avatar is cute. Oops. Scatterbrained too! Hey look! There's your answer, I just disregard people who are scatterbrained just because they are useless. It's not because you're an ENFP or ISTP or ROFL or WTF. It's because you're useless. Nothing personal against you.

Hey! You guys rule. I'm constantly going to my ISTJ boss/advisor to seek clarity of thought and a linear path toward some particular goal. It's a stark but welcome contrast to my own scatterbrained nature

there sure wasn't a question there, but, well, there you go

I'd only do it because my job forces me to. I'd do it otherwise if you're a close friend. Otherwise, I'm not assisting you with your incompetence without reimbursement.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've often wondered what an ISTJ would see in an ESTP as a SO... I'm secretly convinced that he's the one who has everything going for him on that front and I'm like a pet puppy or something :doh:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I've often wondered what an ISTJ would see in an ESTP as a SO... I'm secretly convinced that he's the one who has everything going for him on that front and I'm like a pet puppy or something :doh:

Sex.