• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJs Explained By ISTJs: Post your questions here!

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Why aren't ISTJs cool as the other SJ types?

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
If you, an ISTJ, saw food that was safe to eat but you just didn't have a clue of what it was, would you:
a) say "I don't know what it is. Therefore, I will eat it and find out."
b) ask for the food to be identified before you will touch it.
c) insist on an ingredient list before you would taste it.
c) say yuck and walk away.

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
-I am surprised to see so many SJs not fitting in at school with friends. I always thought SJs were completely socially comfortable.
I thought so too, and was surprised there are so many other SJs who are like that.

Do you guys go crazy if you go over to INTPc? You should give it a shot. Face your demons SJs.
I did go to a different forum full of INTPs before because I thought I was one last year. I didn't really go crazy, but I definitely did not fit in. And I think hardly anyone knew of my existence there anyway.

Because we are hot, not cool. Duh.

If you, an ISTJ, saw food that was safe to eat but you just didn't have a clue of what it was, would you:
I think I'll go with b.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Is it worth it to visit that INTPc seriously, or will they tar and feather me for me being 'different'? :steam:

They will tar and feather at first. But if you stick it out and try to show some creative thinking, you'll be accepted. Our Ne is very heavy though. It might look we are babbling nonsense to each other when in fact, there is a very clear discussion at hand.

You might get dizzy like swinging on the merry-go-round as a kid. I hated those things.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
ISTJs does this picture bother you?

accounting-1.jpg

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5

accounting-1.jpg
Not really. I have a pretty messy table for an STJ.

Wires everywhere!
And lol @ calendar still on January. Shows that I don't really use it.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you liked someone a lot and were testing them to make sure they really liked you for you, and started to let them in, but you two argued wayyy too much because you couldn't see each other eye to eye (even though you may think you're getting through to them) and they dumped you on v-day....how would you react and why?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

What? Playing by the rules isn't cool? :cry:

Seriously, the need to be cool is probably low on a ISTJ's list for the most part. I think feeling out of place is pretty common, but going to lengths just to fit in isn't the answer.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

If it was safe, I'd give it a try. I'd be curious to know what it was, but it's not that important.

That's not just an ISTJ thing. I know an ISFP who is leery about presentation and wierd looking foods.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

accounting-1.jpg

I'd go nuts if that was my desk. My desk isn't neat and organized, but it's not like that. I'd feel suffocated and be unable to concentrate on anything besides the mess in front of me.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
If you liked someone a lot and were testing them to make sure they really liked you for you, and started to let them in, but you two argued wayyy too much because you couldn't see each other eye to eye (even though you may think you're getting through to them) and they dumped you on v-day....how would you react and why?

I'm not the sentimental type, so Valentines Day has no meaning to me. If anything, it's some contrived day to garnish up some first quarter revenue...taking advantage of the winter blues and cabin fever most of us experience. CONSPIRACY!!!

If I started letting them in, and we were arguing, it would be hard for me to keep opening up. Part of the opening up process for me is repeated acts of understanding from the counterparty. Small acts, nothing spectacular- sometimes its what the person shares about themselves, and allowing me to share at my pace. I don't think I'd really be all feelings, heavy love/in love until they have gained my trust to really let them in. If they dumped me then, I don't think I could handle it.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not the sentimental type, so Valentines Day has no meaning to me. If anything, it's some contrived day to garnish up some first quarter revenue...taking advantage of the winter blues and cabin fever most of us experience. CONSPIRACY!!!

If I started letting them in, and we were arguing, it would be hard for me to keep opening up. Part of the opening up process for me is repeated acts of understanding from the counterparty. Small acts, nothing spectacular- sometimes its what the person shares about themselves, and allowing me to share at my pace. I don't think I'd really be all feelings, heavy love/in love until they have gained my trust to really let them in. If they dumped me then, I don't think I could handle it.
define "not handling it." what are some of the reactions you'd have? this actually happened to me with a dude last yr and he flipped out. the reason i ended it so abruptly is cuz he knew how to push all the right buttons. i constantly told him what i wanted and expected, and i don't think he go it cuz he kept crossing the line. anyhow, i was fed up w/it and he pissed me off so much i wanted to hurt him. because in the midst of all this he kept playing hard to get, which more than topped it off. anyhow, i broke it off on v-day last yr and he was soooo pissed lol he called me every name in the book and later on, he tried to play it off as if it didn't happen. except, i didn't let him back in, not even as friends. i felt he showed me his true colors and i did not want to deal with someone like him. anyhow, he still emails me occasionally with poetry and other bull shit. what the fuck does he want? do you think he's moved on? do you think he just wants to fuck with me because he's vengeful?

Sam Spade

MBTI Type
ISTj
-I am surprised to see so many SJs not fitting in at school with friends. I always thought SJs were completely socially comfortable.

I'm guessing that the "I" is a large factor in this, especially among American youth.

b) I'm curious but not curious enough to just take a bite out of something I might be allergic to.

It looks like my desk.

Seriously, the need to be cool is probably low on a ISTJ's list for the most part. I think feeling out of place is pretty common, but going to lengths just to fit in isn't the answer.

+1

I always feel out of place, but the need to feel 'cool' is entirely absent. I just don't care about it and I feel it's all a ridiculous game played by immature people.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
define "not handling it." what are some of the reactions you'd have? this actually happened to me with a dude last yr and he flipped out. the reason i ended it so abruptly is cuz he knew how to push all the right buttons. i constantly told him what i wanted and expected, and i don't think he go it cuz he kept crossing the line. anyhow, i was fed up w/it and he pissed me off so much i wanted to hurt him. because in the midst of all this he kept playing hard to get, which more than topped it off. anyhow, i broke it off on v-day last yr and he was soooo pissed lol he called me every name in the book and later on, he tried to play it off as if it didn't happen. except, i didn't let him back in, not even as friends. i felt he showed me his true colors and i did not want to deal with someone like him. anyhow, he still emails me occasionally with poetry and other bull shit. what the fuck does he want? do you think he's moved on? do you think he just wants to fuck with me because he's vengeful?

If I let a girl in and she tore my heart out and riverdanced on it, I'd be a mess. I'd hate her, probably would want some kind of retaliation, and look for ways to get it.

Why? Because I let her access a place that nobody really has entered. I told my ex girlfriend that the feeling of fully trusting and letting go with feeling and all that is the last thing I'd hold on to in relationship, but once she got it, she had me. I know it takes work. Beauty, seduction, charm, or any of that stuff doesn't work well on me. You really have to be gifted to win me over.

What type was this guy? If he manipulated you, and you were able to flip the script on him, rip his heart out on V day, and he still send you poetry, you probably hit a spot with him. You are good! I don't think the guy's sending you them to bait you in/ just for kicks, you really have him sprung, and you hurt his feelings in a way no other girl did. Let me watch out for you!

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
he is ISTJ. i might have tried to work it out but dude, some words just cannot be taken back...

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
he is ISTJ. i might have tried to work it out but dude, some words just cannot be taken back...

Do you think he was purposefully being mean? I know ISTJs can sometimes be blunt, and what they say seem worse than the meaning behind it. We don't have a way with words, but it seems like you had some kind of effect on him, and he realizes that, and now in some creepy, stalkerish way he's trying to win you back.

How long were you with him?

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
like 2 months i think ha...and this is the sad part...i don't remember many details. i actually didn't remember me breaking up w/him last yr until my SO reminded me and brought it up.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
like 2 months i think ha...and this is the sad part...i don't remember many details. i actually didn't remember me breaking up w/him last yr until my SO reminded me and brought it up.

Yeah I think ISTJs can appear mysterious sometimes, but depending on the 2 people involved that mystery can quickly become annoyed.

So you like introverted guys? I found that I prefer extroverts. It's hard to work with 2 Is in a relationship.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^yeah, i think i'm outgoing enough that i usually end up taking the lead. most of my partners have been introverted. i think i'm somewhere in the middle, to be honest.