• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] love for ISFJs

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just wanted to let you guys know that you all are great. ESFJs can be pretty great too, but I really like ISFJs. My ISFJ friend and my ISFJ mom keep my grounded when my own fears, magnified by NF, start to overwhelm me. You're like lovely sea chorals or anemones. You know? I love how you seem to bloom around me and I'm always tragically upset when someone startles or hurts you and sends you back into your shell. I understand how unique it is that you let your guard down and get to be totally real. You're loyalty blows me away, and your consistency makes me feel safe. I love that playful nature that hides beneath your cool exterior. It's so much fun to make you laugh. :D

I know all ISFJs are not the same, every person is different. Some are wonderful, some are jerks. But for what it's worth, despite what some others on this forum have said, I can totally see how wonderful and neccessary and just lovable ISFJs are.

Thanks for being you. :hug:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aww....thank you. You're very sweet. Thank you very much :wubbie:

FeatheredFrenzy

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Thank you, briochick :blush: It really means a lot to us.

We do like to keep others safe. I liken it to carrying an umbrella. I'm carrying this big, giant umbrella everywhere I go and telling people to get underneath it.

I don't know what I would do without the NFPs I've met in my life. They have made all the difference for me.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awww INFP's are so sweet and cuddly. Thank you, briochick. :wubbie:

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm at my parents' house at the moment, and I walked over to return something to the neighbor's house. The lady is an ISFJ whom I've known since I was a kid. She opened the door and was all like "Oh mija it's so good to see you!" and gave me a big ol' hug and insisted that I come inside so she can make me lunch -- even though I'd only stopped by to return some dinky little thing.

ISFJs are awesome. :wubbie:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What I love about ISFJs:

- Their social sensibilities.
- Their sacrificial nature.
- Their behind-the-scenes approach.
- Their willingness to work very hard.
- Their desire to make people they love happy.
- Their faithfulness to promises they have made.
- Their general stick-to-it-ness.
- Their sometimes sardonic, "this is how I see it" nature... unpretentious.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
I 100% agree. My ISFJ boyfriend makes me feel so safe, and looked after - I love it! The consistency - it's really good for someone like me (a big worrier) And how you guys always manage to get things done. My boyfriend is always sorting things that I haven't even noticed, things I haven't even thought to do. And you are so helpful! My boyfriend is always cooking for me, bringing me things, like Pain Killers when I complain of pain, etc. and for an example, if were having something to eat and I say "Aw, I've ran out of Ketchup" or something, he'll go into the kitchen and get me some, even if that wasn't my intention. It's really sweet. I sometimes feel bad, but it's my understanding that ISFJ's love to do these things?

I also agree with the playfulness underneath the serious/cool exterior. My boyfriend comes across very cool, laid-back, serious, aloof. But we have such sillyness together too. He comes out of his shell a lot more when it's just us two, and he often becomes really silly. We both have quite silly SOH's, and have silly inside things that a lot of people wouldn't even find funny. We both seem to have "the silly switch" despite us being those things.
And it's not just my boyfriend - any ISFJ I can think of that I've met, have been lovely, and I've gotten on really well with. I was wondering if ISFJ's and NF's are "meant" to get on well? Like is it known that we would?

And are you all so cuddly and touchy-feely? He's always kissing me, cuddling, stroking my hand, things like that.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My mom's an ISFJ and she's the best mom ever! :)

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I 100% agree. My ISFJ boyfriend makes me feel so safe, and looked after - I love it! The consistency - it's really good for someone like me (a big worrier) And how you guys always manage to get things done. My boyfriend is always sorting things that I haven't even noticed, things I haven't even thought to do. And you are so helpful! My boyfriend is always cooking for me, bringing me things, like Pain Killers when I complain of pain, etc. and for an example, if were having something to eat and I say "Aw, I've ran out of Ketchup" or something, he'll go into the kitchen and get me some, even if that wasn't my intention. It's really sweet. I sometimes feel bad, but it's my understanding that ISFJ's love to do these things?

I used to do the same thing with my ex-girlfriend. I remember one time how she mentioned to me one day that she could "really go for a frosty". She said it off-handedly but when I went up to the store an hour later I swung by Wendy's and picked one up for her. She was so surprised but delighted that I did that for her.

And yes, we DO love doing stuff like that. We love caring for and showering affection on those that we care about :wubbie:

I also agree with the playfulness underneath the serious/cool exterior. My boyfriend comes across very cool, laid-back, serious, aloof. But we have such sillyness together too. He comes out of his shell a lot more when it's just us two, and he often becomes really silly. We both have quite silly SOH's, and have silly inside things that a lot of people wouldn't even find funny. We both seem to have "the silly switch" despite us being those things.

I'm often the same way. I've been told that I often appear very serious and like I'm "on a mission" but that when they approach me they find that I'm very nice, warm, and caring. As I start to open up to people I start to let my sillier, sarcastic side out. My ex and I were always silly and playful with each other. The thing is, it just takes me a while to open up to people I don't know. You'll start to know when I'm comfortable with you when I start being a little silly ;)

And are you all so cuddly and touchy-feely? He's always kissing me, cuddling, stroking my hand, things like that.

In my case, extremely so. I'm very affectionate with my significant others. I'll always be standing close by, holding their hand, idlely scratching their back or just pulling them close and kissing them every now and then. My ex actually complained about it, she told me I was too "mushy gushy".

I have no idea about NF's, I'm sure I'd get alone fantastically with them, but I have to admit a preference for SPs, especially ESxPs.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is nice. I want to express some appreciation:

I admire your focus.
I admire your dependability.
You're unpretentious, as someone else said. You have true class, and never bringing up class.
I notice how you can put people at ease, even if they are new to you.
Devotion. It is true that you will search the four corners of the Earth to find that special thing to make your loved one smile.
Despite being under-appreciated, you never let that affect the standards of what you create. That is strength.

Penda

MBTI Type
INFJ
Healthy ISFJs are some of the most awesome people ever. My best friend throughout high school was an ISFJ and he single-handedly kept me sane while putting up with all my crap. I've never met anyone who is as consistently generous and patient as he was. I always used him as an example of a decent human being. I haven't known any other ISFJs that well but I'm sure the same pattern holds true.

Unhealthy ISFJS....I'll save that for another thread.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
aw:wubbie: I'm so glad this thread has other people loving on ISFJs too!

I love how generously cuddly you guys are, just giving of affection, with those you love.

I think you all are the best guardians because you're so loving. You maintain society through your steadfastness and love. :D