• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Question to STJs

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
When did you realize that you're aren't an NTP? Did it occur over time? Were you occasionally treated like one when you were younger? Did you meet an NTP and realize that you two were markedly different?

Sam Spade

MBTI Type
ISTj
When I took the MBTI Test. I had no idea what an NTP was until I took that test.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
When I took the test I got ISTJ right off the bat, never got N. However, my uncle is an INTJ and we have a very similar sense of humor.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
When did you realize that you're aren't an NTP? Did it occur over time? Were you occasionally treated like one when you were younger? Did you meet an NTP and realize that you two were markedly different?

After taking MBTI tests and reading type descriptions, I knew I wasn't NTP, didn't really relate to many of the descriptions of those types. It didn't occur over time, I knew right off the bat that I wasn't an NP.

I was not treated like an NTP when younger. I've met a few NTPs in my life and they are generally quite different from me in many ways, though in some ways we are quite similar.

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Your question's wording seemingly implies that we thought we were NTPs to begin with. I already knew what my personality consisted of before taking the MBTI, and when I came out as ISTJ consistently on multiple tests, it was no shock to me.

I do not have enough....skill at reading people to know if I've spoken with another NTP in real life. With the one exception of my ISTJ Mom, I do not know any other people like me in that sense.

Does that help with your query?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I was more of confused about whether I was an INTJ, rather than xNTP. Being an IxTJ has put me in the vicinity of NT's my entire life, so I took on habits that resembled all 4 NTs. I realized I was an S when I took the time to further analyze my thought process and saw that while I have an appreciation for intuition, my focus is on things that are concrete and predictable.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I knew I was an ESTJ from when I took the test. But I have pretty well developed Ne, and it was even more well developed when I was in middle school and early high school, and people would sometimes shake their heads at my crazy ramblings kind of like how they act towards ENTPs... but I never doubted my type, pretty much ever.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Similar to Raz's answer.