• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJs who don't lust after the ENFP!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's not an axiom. I can certainly see how more likeness would be attractive (especially when it comes to less rigid MBTI traits like introversion vs extroversion and feeling vs thinking- I can't handle introverts and thinkers tend to infuriate me). But what are the chances you'd know the other persons 4 letters?

I can assess my past relationships and people to whom I am attracted when I know their type. It's getting easier and easier for me to spot types IRL as well.

I've always liked introverts. :wubbie:

I understand getting infuriated by thinkers, though. I've been attracted to NTs but it doesn't seem to work.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bullshit. I think NF men are gross. Sorry.

When they say like attracts like, they mean people with similar values or attitudes about money, or shared interests, not necessarily same or similar MBTI type.

I'm an ENFP and I tend to love sensing feelers. Other ENFPs only want to be with NFs. Then others still only want NTs, or ISTJs.

:wubbie:

We ruv you too Marm :yes: :hug:

MBTI Enthusiast

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw this thread a while ago and didn't comment, but I agree that ESFP/ESTP is probably our best match. I love how they can keep the conversation going with Sensorish topics. :yes:

It also seemed to me that ISTJ/ENFP would be laden with communication problems. However, I now have found myself in an interesting situation: I've been seeing an ENFP (male) recently. We hit it off physically, but emotionally and conversationally we seem to be lacking. I'm just curious how it will all work out, but I am a bit skeptical. I keep thinking he will figure out how "boring" I am as a Sensor and will lose interest, or his messiness/forgetfulness will drive me up a wall. We will have to wait and see I suppose.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not sure what it is with the I_TJ and E_FP opposite pairing... any relationship between those seems like it would take a lot of work from both ends.

Well as long as it doesn't involve MY rear end, then its cool.

Hornet389

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISJ
ENFPs are fun, until you notice why they test as ENFP, and not ISTJ :|

They have totally different definitions for like everything.

i say S stands for sense, and N nonsense. living breathing conundrums.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
This reminds me of Chandler and Monica in Friends, who are probably ISTJ and ENTP.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
I think there are more ISTJ ENFP threads than any other pairing to be honest.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think there are more ISTJ ENFP threads than any other pairing to be honest.
I wouldn't think so. A pairing more often talked about would be the INTJ ENFP pairing.

According to socionics, ISTJ/ENFP makes for the best pair, as with INTJ/ESFP. However, according to MBTI theory, the ISTJs with the ESFPs make the best pairing. The same applies for the INTJs with the ENFPs. Of course since this is all theoretical it is not to be taken to consideration to choose who you wish to like more than the other. Such should be subject to the individual.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
However, according to MBTI theory, the ISTJs with the ESFPs make the best pairing.

ESFPs are probably just as difficult to keep up with as ENFPs, except that they are also annoying, rather than being intriguing. Otherwise, why not...

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Fair 'nough.

I just say that as I was in a very long term relationship with an ISTJ (that didn't work out), so I am probably more tuned into those threads than others.