• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How to present the MBTI to an SJ

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I think this is right as I like MBTI, I think it is very interesting. However, I only utilize it as a tool to help]/i] me understand the things I do, along with understanding others when I'm having a hard time with them. Everyone is different and almost nobody fits their MBTI results at 100%- unless their trying to. :dry:

I'm the same way. It helps me understand others, and that understanding make me, if nothing else, more tolerant.

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
How about this one?

ESFJ - Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging

It's from a book. You might actually want to even go show her the book if it will create more validity. Maybe she'll be curious enough to turn the page and look over at other profiles too.

Use this site, the profiles are based on interviews- Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type

Thanks, I think I'll try both, using the morriscat website first since it covers from childhood to adulthood.

If the issue is about accepting different opinions as valid. I'd recommend using a different source than MBTI... It seems like she doesn't really want to know.

Depending on hobbies, for example, if she's a fan of movies and such. Find ones that emphasise on different opinions and how they all work etc.

Honestly, it depends on what you guys clash about. Maybe, the truth is that she does realise the difference, but still wants you to follow her way regardless.

I've tried this before, and it wasn't very effective. But I'll give it another shot.

I think this is right as I like MBTI, I think it is very interesting. However, I only utilize it as a tool to help]/i] me understand the things I do, along with understanding others when I'm having a hard time with them. Everyone is different and almost nobody fits their MBTI results at 100%- unless their trying to. :dry:

Again, I think there is a bit of confusion after the post left by the member whatever. I never said that SJs do not understand theory, and I never said that they do not use it ever in their lifetime. And again, my aim wasn't to explain the MBTI, it was how to go about presenting it, as in 'where to start?' The MBTI is about how different people take in, process, and utilize information, so I wanted to make sure that I was presenting the information in a way that would best suit her since I believe she best fits the correlations of the ESFJ type description. :)

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Have you told her what's your own type, and how that makes you see the world (or actually how your view of world makes you an INFJ)?

Some Es (maybe ES?) are kinda afraid of being defined too precisely by some theories. It might even make them feel as if they are being boxed and told how they should behave.

When I was first introduced to MBTI, I was most interested in these summaries, since I had no idea what all that psychological babble was.

Here are few nice lists about ESFJ:
http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFJ_rel.html
ESFJ Personal Growth