• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs, where do your loyalties lie?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Loyalties lie with those who have proved trustworthy over the years.

They have changed- there are people who I have been tight with from childhood, and we've gotten tighter over the years, but some of these people we've went our separate ways. Rarely is it based off of bad feelings- it's just that it was time to move on.

Just because you're an SJ doesn't mean you are dog loyal to people and things.

Sam Spade

MBTI Type
ISTj
I am only truly loyal to close-knit relationships (family, best friend, girlfriend) and am not very loyal to other friendships anymore.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hmmm loyalties*:

-Family
-Friends [Best Friend(s) & Girlfriend]
-Freedom**

** Allegiance to the United States Constitution (including ratified Amendments) and an oath to defend it against all enemies- foreign and domestic. :)

*Things I would put my life in jeopardy for.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm loyalties*:

-Family
-Freedom**

** Allegiance to the United States Constitution (including ratified Amendments) and an oath to defend it against all enemies- foreign and domestic. :)

+1

I couldn't have said it better myself, although I would rank my girlfriend along with my family, but that's just me.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
+1

I couldn't have said it better myself, although I would rank my girlfriend along with my family, but that's just me.
^:laugh:

With my ISTJ mind, I was trying to organize the list and figure out where I would put girlfriend.

I was thinking about putting:
-Family & Girlfriend +6mo. (As in, girlfriend I have had for more than 1 year)
-Best Friends & Girlfriend -6mo. (As in, girlfriend from 0-6mo.)

I do not know, that sounds kind of shallow. There is no way to know how I would feel, I'm just guessing. :unsure:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My loyalties lie with those i am willing to take a bullet for. Family and friends.
My loyalties can vacate the premises just as quickly as they are initiated ;)
What has changed over time .. Putting myself first.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm loyalties*:

-Family
-Freedom**

I'am totally in the same way, and could actually say the same thing.:newwink: Except that I'm not american, but I agree with the principles of the Constitution. I'm though far to be an SJ. They've not the monopoly of loyalty, fortunately.:yes:

Parsimony

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I agree with saslou that over time, I have learn to put myself first. Otherwise, my loyalties lie with those who earn it, although I might give some family/relatives a pass/go card. I have been weeding out friendships like no other, this year. Trimming the list has never felt that liberating. :D

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
- Myself.

Followed by these:

Hmmm loyalties*:

-Family
-Friends (Edit: my best friend, and my other "soul brothers")
-Freedom**

Although I´m not American, I defend the principles of my Country´s Constitution.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
My family will always have my loyalty, even if I don't always agree with their actions. My fiance is included in my family already, and his family has my loyalty as well... And a couple of my closest friends have my loyalty. The only time my loyalty towards friends has changed is when they've turned their backs to me.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
I am loyal to myself, my man, friends and family.
But if either those categories tries to hurt, back stab or undermine me in some way, I've been known to be pretty brisk with the scissors. :p

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
My family will always have my loyalty, even if I don't always agree with their actions. My fiance is included in my family already, and his family has my loyalty as well... And a couple of my closest friends have my loyalty. The only time my loyalty towards friends has changed is when they've turned their backs to me.

Amen

PwnedSandMonster

MBTI Type
IXFJ

Well said.

Rattlesnakeplumcake

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
The older I have become the more I find that my loyalty is most strongly felt for family. When I was younger I had plenty of friends and acquaintances, but I have only maintained regular contact with a select few. I have difficulty extending genuine loyalty to relative strangers and romantic interests.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Family, girlfriend/spouse (if/when applicable) and close friends who have shown to be loyal and that put in some effort of their own to maintain the friendship.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm loyal to pretty much everybody and everything. :)

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Everyone here is saying family, friends, even the constitution?

My first and foremost loyalty is to science and intellectual refinement. The only other thing is freedom. I'd say loyalty to friends. I spend everyday with my family and I love them, have no problem with them, but I have a higher personal loyalty to my friends than my family. To me, my friendships were established on my own accord. My relationship with my family was handed to me.

Maybe I am a cold logical bastard, but that's how things came to me in the past 5 minutes thinking over a response to this post.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
My family may have been handed to me, but when I was in a bind and needed help they were always the first to offer up help. That's a huge thing for me. I've had way more friends turn their back on me than I have family, so my family out ranks my friends in terms of loyalty.