• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Why is Eeyore among the famous ISTJs?

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Eeyore reminds me of an ISFJ friend of mine. But that's Ok, because I find his eeyoreness to be endearing in a strange sort of way.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
:laugh: I never saw that!

He always has a plan! Smart Rabbit.
Yes, I'll give you that. He always has a plan. :D But he really can be stingy about his carrots! :unsure: Whereas any ISTJ would be kind and give them away to neighbors, but also be rational and make sure they had enough for themselves and their family. :cheese:
As a child, my mother called me Eeyore.

:'(

:rofl1: Yeah, I have been called Eeyore too! :rofl1:

mljacksonmft

MBTI Type
INFP
possible source of confusion

There is no personality type that is inherently depressive so Eeyore's depressive outlook on life would most likely be rooted in genetic predisposition to depression or sufficiently traumatic childhood conditioning experiences that taught him that it was not safe to hope for or trust in positive outcomes. The personality type most likely to manifest genetically grounded or environmentally conditioned depression in the manner of Eeyore would probably be ISTJs.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She diagnosed Eeyore with having chronic depression, Pooh with an eating disorder, Tiger with ADD, Piglet with a need to save the world, and Christopher as having a sexual identity crisis. haha.

:rofl1:

I'd say Eeyore is a depressive INFJ. He understands the triviality associated with society and the world, but he still really seems to care about his friends and keeping them happy in their own meaningless jello molds. It's like he sees things from a pedestal above everybody else's perspectives, and he doesn't like the realization that life is pretty pointless, but he doesn't want to share that with anybody else because he doesn't want the rest of the world to become as cynical as him.

that is a very good point.

assigning negative traits to SJs pisses me off haha. i can't deny that some NFs have a proclivity towards it.

oh but - bright lovely kanga seems like an ESFJ to me, from what i can remember. y/n?

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'd say Eeyore is a depressive INFJ. He understands the triviality associated with society and the world, but he still really seems to care about his friends and keeping them happy in their own meaningless jello molds. It's like he sees things from a pedestal above everybody else's perspectives, and he doesn't like the realization that life is pretty pointless, but he doesn't want to share that with anybody else because he doesn't want the rest of the world to become as cynical as him.

I don't really see where he has Si or Te or Fi for that matter. Where does ISTJ come from?

Yeah I agree with Telsa, Eeyore makes me so sad =(

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Funny, when I was in college I had a little collection of Pooh figures, and they were all surrounded around Eeyore. Years later, an ex of mine remembered that and told me he wondered why that was and somehow thought that I resonated with him.....

I thought that was an interesting premise as anything like that was definitely unintentional.

However, I do indeed love Eeyore. :blush:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOoEx0LDKHU"]Eeyore attempts to be an ESFP[/YOUTUBE]
[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUy9pxgB4PA&feature=related"]Eeyore flies[/youtube]

:D

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Because everything undesirable gets labeled as an SJ trait without question.
But my ISFJ girlfriend associates with Eeyore alot. She says he's just like her. In fact, I think Eeyore is more of an ISFJ because he's more of a "responsive" than "directive" type, in Keirsey's words. Speaking of which, I think he calls Guardians depressives for good reason. It seems to be a recurring theme alot.

Not that it makes you guys undesirable... in fact, it's a magnet for me to work my charm and happiness on you! :wubbie: :wubbie: :wubbie:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
hahahahaha, in the first half of that first video, that reminds me exactly of my ISFJ and I! hahahaha... :rofl1:

Also, that's the episode I fell in love with but couldn't find for the life of me. I remember a long time ago in high school telling someone about the part (not included in the vid) where Eeyore is rolling down hill, saying in his depressed voice, "Look ouuuut... here I coooome......." :rofl1: