• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] THE LOOK!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi, my fellow SJ friends! :)

I was just wondering: Do any of you have what you would call 'The Look'? Meaning, when you give this deadly stare, you make the knees of even the strongest, most formidable man shake?

Just curious, because I have it. But I cannot produce it on command. Certain thoughts have to go through my head, and then magically, WHOOOM...

For example, this often happens with bosses of mine who are so formidable, and everyone is scared of them. They push me too far, and ZING, they get 'The Look,' after which they tuck their tails between their legs and run. QUICKLY.

This is rather amusing because I am usually this nice, polite, friendly person. But push the 'You went one step too far button,' and you will be exterminated by: THE LOOK!

I have dozens of other examples of this trait as well.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
No I don't have a look like that. I think I moreso either smile or grimace when I am talking with someone. If its not that, then I have no expression at all, which is usually.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Isn't that look usually described as the "teacher look"???:happy:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That could very well be. But I remember my ESTX boss used to give me the little school boy look "Please don't beat me" when I looked like that. :devil:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hi, my fellow SJ friends! :)

I was just wondering: Do any of you have what you would call 'The Look'? Meaning, when you give this deadly stare, you make the knees of even the strongest, most formidable man shake?

Just curious, because I have it. But I cannot produce it on command. Certain thoughts have to go through my head, and then magically, WHOOOM...

For example, this often happens with bosses of mine who are so formidable, and everyone is scared of them. They push me too far, and ZING, they get 'The Look,' after which they tuck their tails between their legs and run. QUICKLY.

This is rather amusing because I am usually this nice, polite, friendly person. But push the 'You went one step too far button,' and you will be exterminated by: THE LOOK!

I have dozens of other examples of this trait as well.
^ :puppy_dog_eyes:

I think I know what you're talking about LL. It can't be produced on command, but I have more a "I'm going to kill you." sly smirk of confidence on my face. It makes people think twice before doing something they shouldn't. :yim_rolling_on_the_

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ :puppy_dog_eyes:

I think I know what you're talking about LL. It can't be produced on command, but I have more a "I'm going to kill you." sly smirk of confidence on my face. It makes people think twice before doing something they shouldn't. :yim_rolling_on_the_

YEAH!!!!!!! Exactly! That's what I'm talking about. The Arnold Schwarzeneggar, You-are-going-to-die look! :D

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oh yeah baby, lol

If i give someone 'The look' .. Then run, it is for your own safety :blush:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HELLZ Yeah. That's what I'm talking about! :D RAWRRRRRRRR!

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I've got that look, it's the one where I look right through you.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Haha, yes, I have this.

At school a teacher used to say to me, if looks could kill, yours will. I had issues at that age though. I don't think I look I'm going to kill anyone these days, but a friend also said something about "the look" once. My husband too. I also have "the silence". Where I don't say anything, but the person knows the problem, and then says or does something to fix it. Sometimes I don't actually have a problem, but the other person just gets nervous. Once I got money because the person thought I was mad. But I wasn't. :confused:

S

Sniffles

How exactly is this an SJ trait? I mean I've produced "the look" too with my asinine bosses who pushed me too far. :huh:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I have it, but I usually look like that when I am focusing intensely on something (like what someone is saying for example).

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Apparently with me, it's something I do with my jaw. My lips tighten, my chin tenses, and my tongue pushes against my top teeth. People who know me know that's probably a good time to back away. I think I used to do this more than I do now... my friend in high school used to laugh about it, but to be honest, I hadn't thought of it in years and it feels kind of weird to try it now. My "look" has probably evolved since then.

WickedQueen

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I think it's more of the ESTJ traits, LL.

I didn't realise I have the look until my friends told me. They said I have "The Killer Look", the kind of look that makes everybody 'shrink' when I looked at them, because the look is so cold, mysterious, and scary. Like some kind of a warning before I kill someone. LOL

Its like my eyes tried to warn people to not push me more than what they've done to me because that would make me 'explode' and they will be in danger. LOL

Now that I know that I have 'The Look', I use it for my own benefit. LOL

Once a beggar ask me for money in a threatening way. I said no, but he kept pushing me. I dislike to be threatened, so I got furious and gave him 'The Look'. At first he tried to confront my look and saying such creepy things, but I remain silence, calm, and locked him with my look, then a minute later, he gave up and just walk away. Ha! That was fun. :D

My favorite moment was when I give my friends that look, and they were like "Uh-Oh". LOL

By the way, I chose this avatar because she has my 'The Look'. ;)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:O
So YOU all are the one's that produce such a horrific face. The face that gives me nightmares and wish my mom was here to hold me :puppy_dog_eyes:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:D
I just had to.
You all may continue.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I love giving people The Look. I always thought it was an FJ thing, seeing as an ISFJ friend was also extremely proficient in it. However, we only used it on errant males in our social circle, rather than bosses at the office (I reserve an internal eye roll for them :D).