• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJ goofiness

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Just a quick question. Somewhere I heard that ISFJ's can be very playful and love to joke around. I know my fiance is like this. He's RARELY serious around me and his family.

Is this typical ISFJ behavior, or am I just seeing things. Given their typical personality, I wouldn't really expect this. :shock:

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I know I can be goofy and non serious, but I know a couple female ISFJs and they are just boring.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
My ISFJ mother-in-law is not goofy. She has said she is a serious person but wishes she weren't so serious.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm certified 95% silly.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The ISFJs I know love to horse around and be silly.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It depends on who I'm with: With strangers, not at all. With friends and family, I can be VERY sarcastic, ornery, and playful. Just a matter of whom I'm comfortable with.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I'm not an ISFJ, but close enough and I am pretty silly when I am around my friends -as long as there are no strangers around. Usually I will make some outrageous comment or, in some cases, I will unknowingly do some stupid action. :D

v-in-tx

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
my hubby is an ISFJ, and one of the reasons i married him is that he makes me laugh. and i've always heard that laughter is the best medicine. he's sarcastic, witty, funny and a complete jokster. even when things are looking a bit glum he's looking at the brighter funnier side of things.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Both my mother and younger sister are ISFJs.
My mother can be serious, but then she's a big nerd also. Sometimes I :blush: when she's around. lol.
My sister is very sarcastic and mouthy. Gah, I want to slap her some days because she has an attitude if she's late for stuff or stuff doesn't go her way. :rolli:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Of course they (we?) can be silly. Fe makes ISFJ's want to connect and interact with others. What better way than to goof off and have fun? :) Of course, this is only done with friends. ESFJ's do it with anyone.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
This one ISFJ that I know jokes around a lot, sometimes about very silly things. Imo she's not really funny, but goofy... yeah, around people she knows well.

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I imagine depressed/unhappy ISFJ's tend to be more serious.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Of course they (we?) can be silly. Fe makes ISFJ's want to connect and interact with others. What better way than to goof off and have fun? :) Of course, this is only done with friends. ESFJ's do it with anyone.

Yes siree bob :wubbie:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SubjectA, does it bother you that your ISFJ is always being goofy? Do you want him to be more serious?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I have a very close friend ISFJ, and she can be quite goofy. Her inferior Ne has really begun to shine through, and she has so many little quirks that she exhibits around the people that are closest to her. I very rarely see a serious side from her, except when somebody has done something to hurt the people that she cares about. Then she gets really pissy.

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
SubjectA, does it bother you that your ISFJ is always being goofy? Do you want him to be more serious?

Nope. I was just curious. I love his goofiness. It brings out my inner goof, and I'm usually the one being serious and brooding all the time.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Actually, my serious ISFJ mother-in-law is depressed and unhappy.

I think any xSFJ who is depressed and unhappy is basically a ticking timebomb .. And you have no idea when they are going to flip .. Not a pretty sight.