• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are ISFJs the better INFJs ?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, Entropie, what's the matter, anyway?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You're welcome. Taking the advice or not, I hope you'll get better soon.

Yeah, I get it, and it was a useful 'metaphor' because lots of the posts in this this thread did have a point. But it just doesn't feel right comparing one type of people to another because it's individuals who are good or bad people, not types. Any types. And the INFJ and ISFJ 'principle' is in reality fundamentally different, so it's no use comparing them, not even metaphorically, imo.

True and I know I did a mistake there.

Most answers showed many of the individual INFJs dont think in these generalisations, when I do sometimes. It has been a lesson for me too.

weakshadeofblue

MBTI Type
INFJ
Entropie said:
I am a perfectionist myself, I tho dont see why this automatically forces you to be arrogant.

It doesn't. That's not what I was saying. Never mind.

Entropie said:
But are people really that objective ? Can someone really measure himself and assess his strengths and weaknesses in such a way he can purely obejctively analyze who he is are ? I rather think it's more likely for people to choose a type by preferance of who they subjectively want to be. The best example is me joining this site. When I did the mbti I scored ENTJ but when I signed up here I typed ENTP cause I found the description of the NTJ really hard and didnt wanted to be seen that way.

Maybe for some it is this way. But I can honestly say that I answered the questions objectively for myself and so have all my family and close friends who have taken it - and our types fit who we ARE, not who we want to be.

Entropie said:
If type doesnt form people, why are then some people ever changing their types again. One could say: because they think their choosen type doesnt fully say who they are and so they try a different.

Key word: "some" people. Not all.

Entropie said:
But and here comes the kicker, mbti is used for job assessments in your country and I think at this moment the line between dreamworld and reality is crossed.
It's not always used, and the decision to hire someone isn't based solely on MBTI results.

And if you want to be a Kindergarten teacher - go do it! I highly doubt that after someone is impressed by your resume and your skills and your interview, that they would decide NOT to hire you because they find out you're an ENTJ. If they don't hire a person, I highly doubt it's based on ONLY their MBTI result.

Entropie said:
I am just trieing to find out if someone cares for such things at all, cause I am looking for people who do. And as far I havent found this attitude in many INFJs and that is probably why I am disappointed in my own expectations.

I still honestly have no idea what exactly you want. Above, you say "such things" and "that attitude"... and I really have no idea what you're talking about. You titled your post "Are ISFJs the better INFJs?" which wasn't the point of the thread and apparently only a passive-aggressive way of getting people to pay attention to said thread, then you get disappointed because you have these expectations that apparently we are not meeting - and I have no idea what you want.

Is the point of this thread the potential pit falls of MBTI?
Is it that INFJs suck? Because there's a thread for that that this stuff would REALLY fit well under.

Is it the topic of the theory that people type themselves on who they WANT to be, not who they actually are?

Because, honeslty, this thread is now 7 pages of miscommunication, and I'd like to know what we are -supposed- to be talking about here.

SpaceOddity said:
The people on message boards most likely won't help you (even if they honestly try); they don't know you personally, they can never get enough details about your situation and therefore can't really provide you valid advice. And MBTI won't help in this situation. Once I also thought it might, but in the end the problem proved to be much more individual than type related, and I believe it is like this 99,9% of time.

True, so please don't get mad at us.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Key word: "some" people. Not all.

It would be ignorant to create a system of which you have to account for that it wont fit 100% but merely will create some losses. I dont share that attitude.

It's not always used, and the decision to hire someone isn't based solely on MBTI results.

And if you want to be a Kindergarten teacher - go do it! I highly doubt that after someone is impressed by your resume and your skills and your interview, that they would decide NOT to hire you because they find out you're an ENTJ. If they don't hire a person, I highly doubt it's based on ONLY their MBTI result.

That's how it is now, but what if that changes ?

I still honestly have no idea what exactly you want. Above, you say "such things" and "that attitude"... and I really have no idea what you're talking about. You titled your post "Are ISFJs the better INFJs?" which wasn't the point of the thread and apparently only a passive-aggressive way of getting people to pay attention to said thread, then you get disappointed because you have these expectations that apparently we are not meeting - and I have no idea what you want.

Is the point of this thread the potential pit falls of MBTI?
Is it that INFJs suck? Because there's a thread for that that this stuff would REALLY fit well under.

Is it the topic of the theory that people type themselves on who they WANT to be, not who they actually are?

Because, honeslty, this thread is now 7 pages of miscommunication, and I'd like to know what we are -supposed- to be talking about here.

The major problem with you is, you just have no fantasy. I am what like, discussing a bit here, wanting a decent advocation of some devilish stuff, but you guys are all serious and brief and real and to the point that's sooo booring !

I mean face it, you just got nooo fantasy at all :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I grew up with ISTJ dad and ISFJ step mom and had a rather questionable attitude toward step mom because of some issues. I've appreciated this board causing me to see what the good parts of the ISFJ are (thanks giggly :wubbie: ) I've definitely been more able to understand where things were a little off just because of the personality differences and why she seems certain ways.

That really has nothing to do with ISFJ vs. INFJ. Bizarre theory, actually. I've learned here, also, that many people have no idea what an INFJ is and aren't even sure if they type people around them correctly as INFJ. I wonder about my husband sometimes, he might be ISFJ? INFJ? Even though I'm relatively sure, there just isn't much to go on with INFJ. Elusive, they are.

Anyway, I think that you mean "are ISFJs better to interact with ME" entropie. I've found that certain types are a good combo and just "work."

If isfjs are better than infjs can we say enfps are better than esfps?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ya, my upcoming thread idea was: "Do have entps the bigger package than estps"

You have to know offensive topics like that just work :D

weakshadeofblue

MBTI Type
INFJ
Entropie said:
It would be ignorant to create a system of which you have to account for that it wont fit 100% but merely will create some losses. I dont share that attitude.

If you've ever taken a statistics class, you learn that there is never any method that can fit 100% of the population, because there is always a margin of error and at least one person who it won't fit. It's "idealistic" to assume otherwise.

Entropie said:
The major problem with you is, you just have no fantasy. I am what like, discussing a bit here, wanting a decent advocation of some devilish stuff, but you guys are all serious and brief and real and to the point that's sooo booring !

I mean face it, you just got nooo fantasy at all :D

Okay: unless you are joking, I am coming to the conclusion now that you are either a troll, or the only way you are able to communicate is through intentionally being confusing, manipulative, and passive-aggressive. Granted, I've just joined the forum so this is just my first impression of you...

You complain about people not wanting to help you, but I'm trying to sincerely understand what you want here (which, I'm sorry, I assumed to be a legitimate concern... but apparently this is a joke? You're saying we're all too serious now, so apparently we were taking you too seriously). You don't seem to want to give a direct answer - you just try to bait me and then be all ambiguous and "woe is me, no one understands me."

Entropie said:
Ya, my upcoming thread idea was: "Do have entps the bigger package than estps" You have to know offensive topics like that just work

^ Exhibit A. Case-in-point. "Offensive topics just work."

If the only way you think you can communicate is through baiting and offending, then I'm done with this thread.

And please don't send me another reputation comment about how "this is just how [you] talk to people." That's manipulative and ridiculous.

If I've misinterpreted your meaning entirely, then I apologize. It's hard to derive intention from Internet communication as you can't hear the tone of voice.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Psst. I think entropie just wants the ISFJs and INFJs to naked mud wrestle.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Can I just mud wrestle with other ISFJs? I wouldn't want the INFJs "arrogance and abusive behavior" to rub off on me.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can I just mud wrestle with other ISFJs? I wouldn't want the INFJs "arrogance and abusive behavior" to rub off on me.

Yeah, sure. :smile: Where's Warm and... uhh, I dunno who else... all the other ISFJ's turned ISFP.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah, sure. :smile: Where's Warm and... uhh, I dunno who else... all the other ISFJ's turned ISFP.

Yeah, you've noticed that too? SJ --> SP and S --> N

It's cool to get to know all types of thinking people, and maybe change some minds about S/SJs rather than change your own type.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Okay: unless you are joking, I am coming to the conclusion now that you are either a troll, or the only way you are able to communicate is through intentionally being confusing, manipulative, and passive-aggressive. Granted, I've just joined the forum so this is just my first impression of you...

Yeah, pretty much. He is also ESL, I think culture can play into it too. I take things he says at about half strength. Your post might show why he doesn't get along smashingly with some INFJs, actually. It's a personal post, not an overarching post. At least, that's how I read it.

weakshadeofblue

MBTI Type
INFJ
Okay. Thanks, Elaur. I didn't know any of this. I'll remember that.

Entropie, I apologize for misinterpreting what you were saying or the meaning behind it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The good thing is the german got lectured on how to apply statistics to people, not the other way around. I think my mission is done here :D.

Guess I'll stay alone forever in my irrational ways of thinking, but if you dont mind too much, you can drop by for a beer anytime.

HannahB

MBTI Type
INFJ
Someone who types themselves as ISFJ might very well be more humble. It takes a lot of humility to type yourself as S, because S appears to be so common and dull in the MBTI descriptions.

This is funny to me! I understand what you mean, I just have always admired individuals with an S! Although I appreciate my N, it can be absolutely dreadful at times.. I begin to drive myself crazy with what I believe will happen eventually instead of simply accepting things as they come! And although the description may be common and dull, the individuals I know are not common or dull! I guess what I'm saying is that I only wish I could type my INFJ self as an S sometimes!

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
i always had good experiences with isfjs, my opinion would be biased