• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Me and Fe.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Saslou, you are definitely Fe, and it's rather cute that you don't see it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You sound like me when I'm Fe-burned out. I turn into a cold thing when overloaded with the expectation to care about EVERYONE.

Lauren is right. ESFJs are a VERY diverse group marked by intelligence, pragmatism, curiosity, mastery of their interests, and variance. They live how they want to live. Their tertiary Ne makes them feel more forceful to me than ENFJs (who are Ni intensive).

I see a lot of active Ne in your posts, not Ni (INFJ, ENFJ). I see a lot of movie directors as ESFJs - (imo Scorsese and Tarantino). I know I'll catch hell for saying this, but I like Carson Daly. To me, he's an ESFJ in every respect - loves variety, has an encyclopedic knowledge and interest in music, enjoys people, but is a bit prickly and intolerant of stupidity/true idiots. I understand his impatience. My ESFJ Marine friend was tough but sensitive, had a strong justice function and an interest in people, but couldn't be made to care less about what he didn't naturally care about in the first place. He had something of the cynic in him.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFJs are a VERY diverse group marked by intelligence, pragmatism, curiosity, mastery of their interests, and variance. They live how they want to live. Their tertiary Ne makes them feel more forceful to me than ENFJs (who are Ni intensive).

That's a nice distinction between the Fe-doms :yes:

I know I'll catch hell for saying this, but I like Carson Daly. To me, he's an ESFJ in every respect - loves variety, has an encyclopedic knowledge and interest in music, enjoys people, but is a bit prickly and intolerant of stupidity/true idiots. I understand his impatience. My ESFJ Marine friend was tough but sensitive, had a strong justice function and an interest in people, but couldn't be made to care less about what he didn't naturally care about in the first place. He had something of the cynic in him.

That sounds like pure_mercury, that ESFJ guy on this site....

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know! It does, doesn't it! :D

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
All this Fe stuff about manipulating groups of people and organizing them gets me all confused.

I don't consider myself in leadership positions very often. But when I'm in a group, if they're wandering all over the place, I'll make an outline and assign responsibilities. And of course I try to listen to everyone's opinion first. :blink:

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
It may also depend on what you take 'community' to mean. Fe may not automatically orient you toward doing everything you can to help out 'your community' in the most obvious sense of that word, but it may drive you to support the community that you identify as your community in a sense meaningful to you - be that your family, or people you relate to in certain ways due to common interests, values, or situation, or your closest friends, or some group of people you find yourself having responsibility for...etc.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You sound like me when I'm Fe-burned out. I turn into a cold thing when overloaded with the expectation to care about EVERYONE.

I see a lot of active Ne in your posts, not Ni (INFJ, ENFJ).

Being a feelings person just pisses me off sometimes. Caring about everyone else all the time, screw that, i want to being selfish and think of me. This site is refreshing in that with the NT's .. there is this no pretense bullshit going on, say it how it is and it is something i admire in them all. I suppose i can't change who i am so i better just get on with it. :D

Apparently my Ne is connected to my Fe .. So someone said .. Blah .. Whatever. I don't pretend to know or even want to understand these cognitive functions so ....

It may also depend on what you take 'community' to mean. Fe may not automatically orient you toward doing everything you can to help out 'your community' in the most obvious sense of that word, but it may drive you to support the community that you identify as your community in a sense meaningful to you - be that your family, or people you relate to in certain ways due to common interests, values, or situation, or your closest friends, or some group of people you find yourself having responsibility for...etc.

I take words literally. I don't have a community other than my immediate family and although i love them, i don't need to spends lots of time with them. (although my boys are slightly different until the youngest is 18). I can pretty much be on my own and still enjoy what i do. That is more time to read more books.
Thanks anyway.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
saslou, okay, you've had your fun. Now put the SF back in your type please.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
But if i do that, that is because i care what other people think .. I don't want to care anymore .. I'll do it tomorrow :devil:

Mwah

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whenever you feel like it, dear. :coffee:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think you show less Fe than normal because you're kind of on the border between ESFP and ESFJ. You seem like you use Se more than Fe, honestly, though I do see some Si and Fe once in a while.

Basically, you seem like an assertive, decisive, focused version of an ESFP rather than a normal ESFJ.

It kind of makes me wonder if MBTI is wrong about the nature of J/P, and you actually can have someone with an Se-Fi-Te-Ni functional order, but still be "J" rather than "P." In other words, whether P/J might actually be independent of the functions.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
May I ask what the "face test" is?

I looked through 21 pages and i may of been on the wrong thread .. Here is the link to the test .. It goes on facial features .. OkCupid.com: Take The Myers-Briggs Physiognomy, or Personality-by-Facial-Features Test

I think you show less Fe than normal because you're kind of on the border between ESFP and ESFJ. You seem like you use Se more than Fe, honestly, though I do see some Si and Fe once in a while.

Basically, you seem like an assertive, decisive, focused version of an ESFP rather than a normal ESFJ.

It kind of makes me wonder if MBTI is wrong about the nature of J/P, and you actually can have someone with an Se-Fi-Te-Ni functional order, but still be "J" rather than "P." In other words, whether P/J might actually be independent of the functions.

Yeah .. OK, that works for me .. I have just been reading up on ESFP and although some aspects seem to be spot on .. Others no. I can read ISFJ and some of that fits but others don't and the same with ESFJ .. The best fit i have found so far is ESFJ on socionics.

I could just possibly be quirky .. without the NT of course, lol. ;)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah .. OK, that works for me .. I have just been reading up on ESFP and although some aspects seem to be spot on .. Others no. I can read ISFJ and some of that fits but others don't and the same with ESFJ .. The best fit i have found so far is ESFJ on socionics.

I could just possibly be quirky .. without the NT of course, lol. ;)

Wow, we agree then. I was thinking of ESFJ on socionics myself, actually.

Nope, you're not an NT. I have trouble deciding whether you're J or P, but not ESFx. ;)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Thanks. :D

It said I'm INTP, by the way. That's funny. :laugh: Exact opposite of what I am.

Oh shit .. You are not in your shadow mode are you .. Noooo.

I think it is rubbish personally. Lol

Fun test though to take.