• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] If you had to be an SJ, which type would you be and why?

Ah...rules :)

• ESTJ

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 22 20.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 25 22.7%

• Total voters

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Borrowed.

So the other threads leave room for little doubt. Everybody and their mother wants to be a cool EP. But now...you can't be an EP! And on top of that you have to pick an SJ type! Ah!

So, pick your poison please.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
ISTJ.

They quietly run the world.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
ISTJ

I seriously like the fact that I'm introverted, but so mildly introverted, so social and comfortable in situations that people more than often mistake me for an ixtrovert.

In my relationship, I wish I was a little more outspoken with things but I'll learn with practice!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ISFJ.

I wonder what it would be like to still be basically the same on the outside, but value things in a concrete, traditional way rather than an abstract way. You know, feel things in a more tangible way. I mean, some ISFJs seem similar to me, while others don't, so I'm kind of curious as to what it would really feel like to be in an ISFJs shoes, and what kind of person I'd be if I had more Si.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'd be an ESTJ. They don't have Si as the lead (how I love Si :)), and they don't use Fe that much either (Fe too :)). They have an N function as their tertiary so they are probably more apt at abstract thinking than their ISJ cousins.

I already play an ESTJ irl all the time, for humor's sake, so I'm guessing it can't be that hard. Plus, bane-of-my-existence-Fi wouldn't be a problem. I'd be apt at whoring my capabilities for money, too.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFJ !

It's one of the best types ever.
I've never met an ESFJ that I couldn't talk to about stuff.
ESFJ females are awesome, too. If i'd be in the situation where I had to choose a future wife and lifelong romantic relationship with depending on only type, it would be an ESFJ.
Warm, charming, genuinely cares, does stuff all the time, usually very competent, funny, witty...
The ones I have stumbled across here and there also seem to have a healthy degree of knowledge about a good range of things.

It's a shame that I don't know more of them. Bloody awesome, generally speaking :)

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTJ. I'd like to see what it's like to be social AND get shit down. They seem like they're quite enjoying themselves.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
ESTJ just cuz they don't take shit and get crap done. ESFJ the least they are hell annoying.

R

Riva

ISFJ.

I wonder what it would be like to still be basically the same on the outside, but value things in a concrete, traditional way rather than an abstract way. You know, feel things in a more tangible way. I mean, some ISFJs seem similar to me, while others don't, so I'm kind of curious as to what it would really feel like to be in an ISFJs shoes, and what kind of person I'd be if I had more Si.

You could depend on your ISFJ friends to run away when shit goes wrong.
But man/girl, on the contrary ISTJs are a hell of a different story.

R

Riva

ESTJ. I'd like to see what it's like to be social AND get shit down. They seem like they're quite enjoying themselves.

ESTJ just cuz they don't take shit and get crap done. ESFJ the least they are hell annoying.

ESTJs man they can get things done like no other.
My dad is one.
He is smart, he is clever, has a excellent job, well read, get shit done, never get fooled (except by me) but I would never ever ever want to be an ESTJ.

Why would I never want to be an ESTJ?

Cus with all those good qualities ESTJs have every quality in him that drives people insane.
Short fuse, Drama queen, control freak, annoying, stubborn, has the last word, never listens to others, I am always right etc.

I guess they have just like everyone else equally good and bad qualities, but i would never ever trade my ENTP penis for any other type, let alone an ESTJ one.

Ps -

ESTJs are excellent guardians / parents. My dad is the best Ex.
But mind you if you have hurt feelings they'll never ever understand you.

I think ESTJs are the LEAST empathic type. and that sucks.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I like most of the ESFJs I've known.
I like many of the ISFJs I've known.
I like some of the ISTJs I've known.
I like a few of the ESTJs I've known.

So my vote goes to ESFJ. :)

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You could depend on your ISFJ friends to run away when shit goes wrong.
But man/girl, on the contrary ISTJs are a hell of a different story.

Are you speaking from experience?

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTJs man they can get things done like no other.
My dad is one.
He is smart, he is clever, has a excellent job, well read, get shit done, never get fooled (except by me) but I would never ever ever want to be an ESTJ.

Why would I never want to be an ESTJ?

Cus with all those good qualities ESTJs have every quality in him that drives people insane.
Short fuse, Drama queen, control freak, annoying, stubborn, has the last word, never listens to others, I am always right etc.

I guess they have just like everyone else equally good and bad qualities, but i would never ever trade my ENTP penis for any other type, let alone an ESTJ one.

Ps -

ESTJs are excellent guardians / parents. My dad is the best Ex.
But mind you if you have hurt feelings they'll never ever understand you.

I think ESTJs are the LEAST empathic type. and that sucks.

Yeah, if it weren't for one ESTJ guy I dated, I probably would agree 100%. Turns out, ESTJs can be a little more flexible and sensitive/caring (NOTE: Keep in mind, I'm basing this off of how relatively more caring he was than my previous long-term relationship with an INTP :laugh:) than I originally believed. -Everyone- liked him upon meeting him. He was just a really friendly, outgoing, likeable guy. And when I say outgoing, I'm not talking about attention-whoring like some other E's can be. He doesn't even really try to dominate conversations like most ETs I know, and tries to relate to everyone (ALMOST Fe). When he's "relaxing" and being social, he almost appears P-like. It's only on his own time or work-related time that he's 110% J. Then again, this could be just him, and not all ESTJs.

But other than that...
Short fuse: Check (Except when it came to me. Probably because he was afraid of scaring me off.)
Drama queen: Check (He can be pouty and complain a lot)
control freak: Check (His apartment is emaculate. When my cat was staying there, I thought he was going to burst a vein in his forhead when he found out she was nibbling at his plants :rofl1:)
annoying: Check (In regards to a few of our differences)
stubborn, has the last word, never listens to others, I am always right etc: Check, check, check, and check.

R

Riva

^
oh yes, when ESTJs are in their Happy social mood they are MUCH like ESFPs.
Yes, shocking very shocking. Party animals too in a way.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Am I being close-minded, if I choose my own type?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'd say esfj too. i have more friends of that type than any other sj type. i think we get a long pretty well.