• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Fear of the unknown

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nope not at all haha? I copied and pasted...

Ninety percent of a situation is out of your control and happened before you even knew about it. Ten percent of that situation and the most important is how you reacted to it.

The motif behind it is how we react!!!
I too copied and pasted the part I said. I believe your source is ultimately wrong.
10% of life is made up of what happens to you. 90% of life is decided by how you react.

Pristinegirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Actually my source is not one single source, I checked several ones...

I havent actually found a single source that says what you insinuate..

LOL first you said:

One has control of 90% of his life. The other 10% is just luck.

and NOW you changed it into:

90% of life is decided by how you react. 10% of life is made up of what happens to you.

So for me its kind of clear that your 'source' is not trustworthy...

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually my source is not one single source, I checked...

I havent actually found a single source that says what you insinuate..

LOL first you said:

and NOW you changed it into:

So for me its kind of clear that your 'source' is not trustworthy...
They both mean the same thing. Only in different context. The first time I was paraphrasing to what I remember. The second time I looked it up.

A few of my sources
(Story) The 90/10 Rule
90/10 Rule
10 90 rule

Pristinegirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I guess there are two theories on it... and that must be the opposing one.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess there are two theories on it... and that must be the opposing one.
If you wish to believe that you have no control over your life it's up to you. I doubt Bill Gates went from a poor lad to one of the richest men in the world by chance. You are your only limitation. The only true thing that can make a change in your life is you. Not what is around you. :D

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know if you other SJs experience this, but I know me myself, sometimes I have a fear of the immediate future and what may happen. Don't know if this is because of strong Si or inferior Ne (or something else), but I'll sometimes think of bad scenarios and sort of use them as an excuse or deterrant against doing something. Any others experience this?
I guess everyone does this, right? But the question is, "how much?"

Pristinegirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
If you wish to believe that you have no control over your life it's up to you. I doubt Bill Gates went from a poor lad to one of the richest men in the world by chance. You are your only limitation. The only true thing that can make a change in your life is you. Not what is around you. :D

Woww thanks ^^ When put like that, you just made something great that I agree with out of something I completely dissagree with :hug:
Really it is inspiring haha! Of course I want to have control over my life, but rationally it seems as if there are more factors we can't control.

If anything it shows to TAKE CONTROL! ^^

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You aren't stubborn. That's a very good thing. :D

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Thechosenone, i think i understand where you are coming from now. I just turned you into my son and it made perfect sense. He really fears the unknown especially when it comes to school. He is in his 4th year of secondary school and still even now, everyday he is nervous about going.
I have to somewhat push him into new situations. What saddens me the most is that he has told me, he'll never go back to Canada should the opportunity arise, he wants to stay with his nanna. He fears change.

I had to lose (so to speak) to gain what i know now. How do i make a 14 year old do the same without losing everything? Yes he is an ISTJ also. :)

Apologies for rambling on.:blush:

Yeah, I'm sort of like that too, I'm not to an extreme extent. I have a feeling that the ESxJs handle it better imo. Thanks a lot for the response, you didn't ramble at all.

I guess everyone does this, right? But the question is, "how much?"

Right. To what extent do you do this?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ It's a scary thought when you would go home and your friends and family don't know who you are.

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Really .. Why would you say that? In what context do you mean?

In that when you are gone, you have no legacy left, and even the people you loved, slowly forget you. There's nothing sadder than that thought :(

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ummm... Yah, ok. Ehh I personally wouldn't really care as much comparing it to other things.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
In that when you are gone, you have no legacy left, and even the people you loved, slowly forget you. There's nothing sadder than that thought :(

:yes:

That you haven't made enough of an impression on anyone, to have them remember even one thing about you. Less of a fear, than a nagging thought.

The unknown is easy. The unknown becomes known. Be it pleasant or unpleasant.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
^ It's a scary thought when you would go home and your friends and family don't know who you are.

In that sense yes.

When i am dead, what will i care, afterall i am dead. People move on, this is life. I wouldn't care that i left no legacy. It is not important if i am unable to experience it myself.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
:yes:

That you haven't made enough of an impression on anyone, to have them remember even one thing about you. Less of a fear, than a nagging thought.

The unknown is easy. The unknown becomes known. Be it pleasant or unpleasant.

If you haven't left an impression on someone, then why would you care in the first place. They don't appreciate something you have so at the end of the day, it is their loss.

You are free to leave an impression on someone else :D