• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ oriented movies?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That movie is totally ESFJ!

[youtube=oIH3ItCXoe4]John Tucker Must Die Trailer[/youtube]

And this one too:
[youtube=yBAYiBoy43M]Mean Girls[/youtube]

ohmygawd, I soooooo want to see these two movies now!!! They look so funny!

Do you like Buffy the vampire slayer?

Nope, but I probably would have liked it if it weren't for one of my friends who was obsessed with it and she was so weird. I thought her weirdness might rub off on me if I liked it, lol.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
What about Gran Torino? I think Clint was playing an xSTJ character.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Someone suggested the movie Taken as an ISTJ movie once before. I watched it and the guy had to be an ISTJ. I think. It was an awesome infiltration movie.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I like Chris Farley movies, although I don't think it's because I'm an SJ- it seems like he is the opposite of an SJ. lol!

Band of Brothers (and other war movies)

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
What about Gran Torino? I think Clint was playing an xSTJ character.

Gran Torino is one of my favorite movies!! Do you really think that XSTJs are that cantankerous though? I've met a few INFJs that are.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Gran Torino was amazing.
I admit it, i did watch and like Mean girls.
Pride and Prejudice is one of my fave's.
Bridges of madison County (no, i can't cry).

I love period dramas and comedies although i am particular about what i find funny. 40 yr old virgin was so damn hilarious.
I don't mind action but i like to be wow'd. When i first saw the latest Die Hard, i thought that was good.

Just can't do horror films

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Gran Torino was amazing.
+ 1 It was such a great movie! :)

Movies I like?
Hm, I feel like I love all kinds of films. I love horror films (...a lot)! I also really like war movies (like We Were Soldiers, Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan). Comedies I enjoy (like Superbad, Juno, Saved!, John Tucker Must Die, Forrest Gump, etc). I also can get into romance/rom com movies as well (like The Notebook, My Best Friend's Wedding, Say Anything, etc.). Action movies can be fun (like Die Hard, The Bourne Identity - I LOVED, etc.)

I've recently gotten into foreign/subtitled movies as well. :)

I'm not sure what it has to do with type though... :huh:

Pride and Prejudice is one of my fave's.
Which version? I personally prefer the 1995 BBC version. ;)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Which version? I personally prefer the 1995 BBC version. ;)

I don't know which version it is. It has Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen in. *sigh*
I can't watch it though without crying at the end. I have only seen it xx times. The people wonder why some people believe in true love and happily ever afters. I'll shut up now. :blush:

Nope. Clint Eastwood always plays ISTP.

I don't even care what type that bloke is. He is one of the most inspirational actors and directors of this time. Even for his age, the fact he is still producing such strong and powerful films. He is a living legend. :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
STJ movies:

The Seven Samurai
Yojimbo
Dave
The American President
Pretty much any inspirational sports movie (e.g. Hoosiers, Remember the Titans)
Pretty much any idealistic courtroom drama (e.g. The Verdict, A Few Good Men)
Pretty much any movie with "codes of honor" and/or glorified loyalty playing a role (e.g. The Godfather Trilogy)
Any/all Frank Capra movies

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Pretty much any inspirational sports movie (e.g. Hoosiers, Remember the Titans)
Aah, I forgot to include this on my list. I love inspirational sports movies too! :D

B

brainheart

My ISTJ dad worships old westerns. Anything where the world is falling apart due to modern greed, lawlessness, and someone needs to come in and restore order, that's pretty much his thing. Or anything with a moral. The community working together in an inspiring way- that, too.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm confused, do you mean movies that SJs like? Or movies with characters or plot that are SJish?

Thes movies are xSFJish because they principally talk about socials norms, socials skills, social life, and mainstream lifestyle, with an underlying Ne (because they are comedies) and an underlying Ti with some sort of criticism and sarcasm. Elsewher, I believe that the main character of both movies are xSFJ.

By the way, the hero of that movie is an ISTJ, and the heroin is ESFP ;): [Youtube=8nLwCOWly1k]The girl Next Door (Trailer)[/youtube]

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Edward Norton in Fight Club is SJ?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An unhealthy ISFJ, totally.
And Tyler Durden is an ESTP, of course.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just watched "Gentleman Prefer Blondes". It seemed pretty SJ.