• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Differences between ISFJ and ISTJ?

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Please help me with differences between ISFJs and ISTJs! :)

My boss at work is an ISTJ. I am an ISFJ. It's so weird to me how we can have so many similarities...but he can be so different from me too! I guess I'm trying to figure out the differences between us...so we can work better together. I've only worked for him for 3 months and I'm still trying to figure him out. He's an attorney and I'm his paralegal, so we work very closely together. ISTJs help me out here. Any ideas on working well with ISTJs? I don't actually know 100% that he is an ISTJ..I have just pegged him as that, I guess. I was thinking about sending him a personality description for ISTJ and asking if that sounds like him. He won't take the test, even though I've sent it to him. Although sometimes, if I won't let something go...he will eventually give in and do it.

At first, I thought as a T...he didn't care about feelings or anything. I had a mini-meltdown a week or so ago..and ended up crying in his office. Looking back now, the way he reacted was somewhat comical. He didn't know what to do with me! He was very uncomfortable, etc. He said he didn't realize I was so "sensitive." Which of course hurt my feelings because I am sensitive! :huh: However, since then...I've noticed him making an effort to be more sensitive towards me...as well as making some light hearted fun of me for being "sensitive." My 90 day review is coming up...and I was a little worried that the sensitivity thing would be an issue. But he mentioned on Friday that being sensitive is actually good for an assistant to be. I want to work well with him and be good at

My boss is now looking to add another attorney to the firm part time and is having great difficulty with choosing someone. I suggested that we do the personality test on any serious candidates. He usually just ignores anything I have to say about the MBTI, but I think he was actually listening!

My friends, any and all advice is welcome!!!!! :)

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
There is no "problem." I just want to understand the differences...or understand ISTJs better.

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
If you think it would help, feel free to probe my brain a little. I'm sure the other ISTJ's would jump in as well. Just be specific --- what exactly do you want to know?

As for myself, I am very, very high in the "Thinking" category. I can completely understand his reaction to your mini-meltdown - I would have been thinking along the lines of: "What do I do here? Is there a certain response she's expecting? I'm not really sure --- all I know is I have a valuable employee here with an issue I apparently didn't notice. This has to be fixed - and quickly."

Whether or not he considers your MBTI advice could stem from a few things. I, myself, am pretty arrogant. I won't listen to someone else's advice unless I consider that person smarter than myself. I'm not in your boss's shoes, but if he thinks he is smarter than you, he will probably not listen to your suggestions --- dismissing them because he thinks "his way is not necessarily better, but has worked just fine in the past, and he sees no need to alter it."

You have to take all that with a grain of salt though, because I'm making a few assumptions there. I don't have all the data.

Is there anything you'd like to ask about the ISTJ's functions, mine or everyone's? We're here for you.

Last edited:

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
If you think it would help, feel free to probe my brain a little. I'm sure the other ISTJ's would jump in as well. Just be specific --- what exactly do you want to know?

As for myself, I am very, very high in the "Thinking" category. I can completely understand his reaction to your mini-meltdown - I would have been thinking along the lines of: "What do I do here? Is there a certain response she's expecting? I'm not really sure --- all I know is I have a valuable employee here with an issue I apparently didn't notice. This has to be fixed - and quickly."

Whether or not he considers your MBTI advice could stem from a few things. I, myself, am pretty arrogant. I won't listen to someone else's advice unless I consider that person smarter than myself. I'm not in your boss's shoes, but if he thinks he is smarter than you, he will probably not listen to your suggestions --- dismissing them because he thinks "his way is not necessarily better, but has worked just fine in the past, and he sees no need to alter it."

You have to take all that with a grain of salt though, because I'm making a few assumptions there. I don't have all the data.

Is there anything you'd like to ask about the ISTJ's functions, mine or everyone's? We're here for you.

I knew I could count on you, Sonata!! I think that's exactly what I wanted...to be able to pick ISTJs brains! I think you understand and hit the nail on the head...even with your assumptions!

I could totally see himself thinking that he's smarter than me. Although, the longer I'm around and the more I come out of my shell and say what I think...the less arrogant he is with me. How do you suggest that I get him interested in the MBTI? Should I say "You're not smarter than me"? :) What interested you in the MBTI?

What do you value in other people? What kind of things get you excited? What do you dislike about other people (pet peeves?)

Is it okay to show my feeling side to you...or should I keep that hidden? If I show it to you, will I lose your respect? What kinds of things make you lose respect for someone?

Do you EVER get emotional? Why do you have a hard time with complimenting other people?

Those are good starter things I'd like to know from you. I always enjoy your posts so much...so I'm so glad you answered the way you did! I was starting to think "That was a stupid thing to post. Nobody is going to answer and people on here are going to think I'm stupid."

You better get prepared, because I'm sure I will have 1001 questions for you!!!!:hug:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah, I could definitely relate to your boss by being uncomfortable if someone's crying like that in my presence.

I know I'm not Sonata, but I'll answer these questions, since I am ISTJ too:

I could totally see himself thinking that he's smarter than me. Although, the longer I'm around and the more I come out of my shell and say what I think...the less arrogant he is with me. How do you suggest that I get him interested in the MBTI?

Why do you want him to get interested in the MBTI? What will it help him do? I think what you should do is, if you do notice that he's less arrogant when you're around him more, then be around him more.

I can usually come off as arrogant, but then again since he's your boss, maybe he will be less arrogant if you show you can accomplish something really well.

Should I say "You're not smarter than me"? :) What interested you in the MBTI?

No, don't say 'You're not smarter than me' to him, probably not a good idea. What interested me in the MBTI is that it was involved personality and behavior, which I became very interested in.

What do you value in other people? What kind of things get you excited? What do you dislike about other people (pet peeves?)

I value people who can get things done efficiently. What you can do, if you know your boss is ISTJ, is get things done and don't be too feely.

Is it okay to show my feeling side to you...or should I keep that hidden? If I show it to you, will I lose your respect? What kinds of things make you lose respect for someone?

If it were me, I would prefer not to have someone that emotional break down like that in front of me.

Do you EVER get emotional? Why do you have a hard time with complimenting other people?

Sometimes I do get emotional, but whenever I do, I will not generally not show it. It takes a lot to get me to blow up at someone.

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Anytime. Glad to help.

My interest in MBTI originally began for two reasons.... First of all, I've always wanted a greater understanding of what makes me tick. Throughout most of my childhood, I have (at different times and from different people) been called out for being "anti-social", or "too analytical" (Mom says that of me especially. Probably her stronger Fi talking.) and stuff like that. I used to dabble in those "get to know your friends" quizzes on MySpace I was semi-forced to participate in (for my friends' sake) and that sparked me a little.

But me, being the detail-craving dude I am, I wasn't satisfied with those "you're a good person" quiz results --- I wanted something *more*.

So I looked into several personality studies, mostly searched through Wikipedia (being bored in Photography class because it was geared for slow kids and I had turned in my assignment three weeks prior) and I stumbled across this MBTI.

So I suppose you could condense all that into one thing --- you could just say I'm unnaturally curious. I've taken it to the next level as well - now that I know how I tick, I try to figure out what makes other people tick, so we have a greater camaraderie.

So unless he just wants to know how he works (and if he's an older guy, he probably either already does, or doesn't thinks the knowledge is necessary) you'd have to introduce "A logical reason for why he should consider this MBTI".

Instead of merely wanting him to do it, you should show him results of it. Show him how it's helped you, (if it has) or show him how it *is* applied to real-life scenarios. I emphasize the "is" because I personally do not like it when people say, "But it could be". I want to see a literal real-world result that has positive effects, or at least effects worth using.

What do I value in other people? What gets me excited? What do I dislike (pet peeves)?

Let's see. When I'm at work (I'm not the boss, I'm just one of the more experienced peons. : D ) I like to see....diligence. As long as you're following the rules my boss has set down (or if I was the boss, the rules I set down) and you "keep your crap in a pile", as my Dad puts is, then I'm fine. I'm not saying you have to be a total robot, like me, but I want the department (or the law firm in this case?) to run like a well-oiled machine. I don't want any drama, I don't want repeated errors, (I'm okay if someone makes a mistake and then learns from it because that's how I learn.) and I want to ensure the productivity level remains at an acceptable level.

I suppose I could just say that I value most of the "J" qualities....be on time, organized, etc....and as an ISFJ, I'm sure you have no issues with that.

As for what gets me excited....this one is indeed difficult. Throughout all of my life, people rarely see this in me. I think it's because my rewards and excitement are..."intrinsic". I'm happy / satisfied just knowing that I finished whatever it was I'm working on, reached my goal, or whatever it is I'm striving for. This also ties in with your "Do you have a hard time complimenting people". I'm not hypocritical --- it's just that because I'm happy because of an "intrinsic" cause, I think others should be / are as well. I don't require a pat on the back - and on the same token, I don't pat other people on the back. (Even though I probably should.)

As for pet peeves, they're mostly just J related. I generally dislike sloppy/messy people, I can't stand it when people show up late for work, or when they leave work without finishing whatever it was they started (because even I would stay after work a few minutes to finish whatever it was I was doing.) A lot of it ties into that "high standards" thing. I may appear to be hypocritical --- holding others to a high standard, but remember, I hold myself even *higher*. I'm a perfectionist.

The only other pet peeve I can think of that might help you is T/F related. I can mention this because of the occasional issue I have with my sister, who I believe uses a lot of Fi. I don't like it when people put more importance on the socially correct move, or "erring on the side of the people". I always put logic first (which is both a good thing and a bad thing) and I prefer when others do the same. For example, I would fire someone without hesitation if they weren't meeting the standard written in the "Here's your job" manual they got when they were hired. I don't really care if they're financially struggling --- they've got no excuse for slacking in my book. I know that sounds cold, but that's just how I view it. If I were in there shoes, I would be working my butt off so I wouldn't be in a bad financial situation. That's just me though. ; )

Is it okay to show your feeling side? Depends on how close you are to me. I value harmony in the workplace, so if you're having an emotional issue, I would prefer you express it to me in the most blunt manner that way we can discuss a resolution for it. I don't want disunion in the workplace, and I don't want any issues. I would work very hard to resolve any conflict if it meant I could keep my valuable employee. (Key word, valuable. If you were a slacker and you had issues, I would consider simply letting you go.)

Showing it to me otherwise wouldn't necessarily make me lose my respect for you, however I may delegate a more "logic-based" task to someone who thinks more with their head and less with their heart. (I know that sounds cold, but remember, it would work in your favor in the inverse situation. If there was a task that required better people skills, or social grace, or whatever it is you do that I don't, I would select you for the task in a heartbeat. And even better because you're a J, I have peace of mind knowing you'll get it done - probably better than I would have.)

The only things that would make me lose respect....are once again, mostly the J stuff. I don't really have much patience/respect for people who are late for work, and all of that aforementioned stuff.

Do I ever get emotional? Rarely. And when I do, it's never in public, and God forbid in the workplace. Most of my emotions I keep bottled up. I don't find them useful, in fact, I find them to be quite the hindering force most of the time.

Actually, just the other day at church, my youth pastor's wife laughed at me because I laughed at my friend Jordan's stupidity. (Love Jordan, he's just....a goofball.) Her words were something like this, "Look! Erik actually has emotions -- I never knew!" She was being sarcastic, of course, but it just adds to the rest of 'em....people think I'm a statue.

....and I'm OK with that.

I hope that helped a little. Once again, you'll have to take all that with a grain of salt. It's got a huge Erik-bias on it, and a lot of assumptions about your boss, and in addition to that, I'm only 18 so I'm making assumptions of how actual adults think. (Remember, society says I'm an adult. But I'm really just a thinks-he-knows-it-all teenager.)

Anything else you'd like to ask? Any other ISTJs out there want to add to it? Or better yet, are there any other ISTJs who can make my analysis better? I'd prefer that.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Also, think of it in the difference between Te and Fe.

Te is a logical way of categorizing things which ISTJs have as their Auxiliary (second) function.

Fe involves a desire to connect with others which ISFJs have as their Auxiliary (second) function.

Basically to answer your question, the difference between ISTJs and ISFJs is generally that ISFJs care more about connecting with others or being friendly to others, and that ISTJs generally care more about logically categorizing useful data.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I don't think I've ever thought before MBTI as it being, "Think with your head instead of your heart." I've always viewed it more as...looking at the impact of a decision on the actual lives of the human beings rather than the objective situation. At the end of the day, it's about the people. The logic only serves to make life easier for the person. Apparently it's hard to find people who admire the logic for what it is, rather than the addition to your life that it is.

If someone shows a feely side to me, I lose trust in them to do the logical thing because they'll just....be more touchy-feely.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, I can get very emotional on the inside. I guess it's not very obvious on the outside...?

About compliments, do we think they're just unnecessary? It reminds me a little of the way some people recommend saying "I'm upset" when you're upset. Sounds kind of redundant.

Of course, I've worked on such things over the years, and the results can be nice. :)

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
My emotions run deep, but they're kept inside....a lot. People rarely see them. The thing is if something is bothering me, I'm having millions of internal conversations with myself debating the pros and cons of every action I could take on my feelings. Deliberation is the first priority. To me, once an action is taken, it can't be taken back.

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Of course I wasn't asking only Sonata. I just love the fact that he's so responsive and articulate. For an 18 year old, he is VERY wise! Cimmaron (sp?) is another favorite of mine. I think that I like ISTJs in general, very much. Just for the record, I don't break down crying all the time. I've actually taken a few "work personality" tests and I come out more as an ISTJ. My crying spell had to do more with hormones than anything else, I think. And of course, I have all the SJ tendencies. I like being organized, working hard and I'm very efficient. When I make mistakes, I learn from them...or I try to. I think that he does value me as a good employee and this last Friday, he asked my opinion on several things and really seemed to listen and want to know.

I do get a feeling sometimes that there are emotions down there. He fired the person before me...but because she was a single mom and he felt bad for her financial position and all of that...he kept her about 3 years longer than he should have...because she wasn't a good employee. I think he is somewhat jaded now.

As an ISFJ, it does say that I tend to form more of a personal bond with my boss...or something to that effect. It's true that if I care about someone and respect them, I will work harder for them. I feel like it's a privilege when someone "lets me in" and trusts me enough to just be themselves.

My last boss was an ESFJ...or something like that. He drove me NUTS. He was so unprofessional and EXTREMELY touchy feely....he would spend hours whining about how his wife treated him badly. Ugghh...!! I much prefer my ISTJ boss to him!

Is it weird that I'd like to be "closer" to my boss? Not in a personal way and I would never want to socialize outside of work or anything like that...but I'd like to get to know him better. So one question for ISTJ's - what makes you open up to someone? I'm not talking about you spilling your guts to me or wanting to hug me (*shudder*), but just being comfortable with me and able to be yourself with me? In reality, there are very few people in my life that I consider "close." Trust has to be earned with me and I need to know that I'm not being judged, etc. I keep a lot of my own emotions and feelings inside. When I am at home, it's different. My husband is an INFP and he and I are very touchy feely. I adore my children and smother them with love (although they are 18 and 14 and it sometimes annoys them.) I will share my private thoughts and feelings with them...and my husband is a godsend in that regard. But in the rest of my daily life...my emotions and feelings are not on display. I remember when I first started the job, my boss told me that I was "very hard to read." I want he and I to be better at reading each other. I'm a pretty black and white ISFJ. Either I like you alot and I want to be closer to you and share how I think and/or how I feel about things, about life, etc... or I consider you an aquaintance. I will be nice to you and help you and care about you because I care about most people in a general sense...but you will never get below the surface with me.

It is helpful to understand the things you've been telling me about ISTJs. Once I understand that he doesn't give a lot of praise...or as one poster put it (it's like a redundancy to him), it helps me be less sensitive when I don't get it. I am trying really hard to understand and learn about the functions (Si or Se, etc.), but I'm still figuring those out. I think that all of my primary functions are i's. Ti is my primary, with Fi in second and then Si.

Tell me about the ISTJ sense of humor. What kind of things do you find funny?

Does it help you open up to people more, if they open up first? Or does it just take you time...or do you just not really ever open up?

So, emotions are secondary to logic to ISTJs. That helps and makes sense. My reason for wanting him to be interested in the MBTI is two fold. I want he and I to be able to understand each other better and work within each other's strengths and weaknesses, but I also want him to hire the other attorney who is going to fit in with both his personality and mine. And I think he partially wants my help and opinion.

I was working at his desk when he was on vacation for a week, and I had to check his e-mails. I came across a few between he and his wife and compared them to e-mails between me and my husband:

I will use fake names to protect the innocent!

His:

Tom,

Here is a nice picture.

Jane

Mine:

Lambchop (my husband actually calls me that...so it would NEVER be my name)..if it wasn't that...it would be Honeybunch or Muffin, etc..

You look so cute in this picture! I am so lucky to have such a beautiful wife. I can't wait to see you tonight.

Porkchop (a common pet name of mine for him...or whatever else I'm calling him at the moment)

If my husband sent me an e-mail containing either his name or mine, I would immediately know something was REALLY wrong and vice versa.

It was REALLY weird to me to see such formal e-mails!

How are ISTJs with their significant others? Not that I care about that with my boss, but I'm just curious now. Are you affectionate? Or does your logic carry over in relationships? If you aren't emotional, why would you even get married?

I look forward to your responses!

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
My emotions run deep, but they're kept inside....a lot. People rarely see them. The thing is if something is bothering me, I'm having millions of internal conversations with myself debating the pros and cons of every action I could take on my feelings. Deliberation is the first priority. To me, once an action is taken, it can't be taken back.

Raz, will you share your thought process and deliberation with anyone else?

Do you ever long to let people see your emotions or are you fine with things the way they are?

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yeah, I could definitely relate to your boss by being uncomfortable if someone's crying like that in my presence.

I know I'm not Sonata, but I'll answer these questions, since I am ISTJ too:

No, don't say 'You're not smarter than me' to him, probably not a good idea. What interested me in the MBTI is that it was involved personality and behavior, which I became very interested in.

I value people who can get things done efficiently. What you can do, if you know your boss is ISTJ, is get things done and don't be too feely.

If it were me, I would prefer not to have someone that emotional break down like that in front of me.

Sometimes I do get emotional, but whenever I do, I will not generally not show it. It takes a lot to get me to blow up at someone.

I was totally kidding about saying "You're not smarter than me." I would never say that. I do very much get things done...and I like taking on new things.

Part of my issue about breaking down in front of him had to do with the fact that I was thinking of taking a Property and Probate law class that would help with my job. Not only was he less than enthusiastic about it, but in the same conversation, he mentioned that a collegue of his (who is a total bitch) sent him some resumes for my job. In addition to being hormonal, I was a little put off by it. I was saying that I was willing to invest my time and money into my job (and my time...to me...is a precious commodity that I rarely give out) and the way things came out with him led me to misunderstand him and make me think he was still considering whether or not to keep me or look for someone else. My initial reaction was to get mad...and he knew I was mad. But occassionally when I get mad, I also cry. In all reality, I don't cry very often at all.

But since then, he has taken more of an interest in the class I'm taking, which is a positive. And he also has a "coach" who helps him with professional things...and she told him it was understandable that I was upset when I was talking about investing in my job and he chose that time to tell me that someone was sending him resumes (which I have no clue why he even told me at all...except that he was thinking it and said it...and didn't think about the impact it might have on me.) I think she successfully helped him understand that I wasn't just being a big baby.

Why do you equate being emotional with "blowing up at someone?" Just curious.

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Is it weird that I'd like to be "closer" to my boss?

what makes you open up to someone?

Tell me about the ISTJ sense of humor. What kind of things do you find funny?

How are ISTJs with their significant others? Not that I care about that with my boss, but I'm just curious now. Are you affectionate? Or does your logic carry over in relationships? If you aren't emotional, why would you even get married?

All right. I don't think it's strange that you'd want to be "closer" to your boss, because I can see the rationale behind that. Just as you said, by knowing each other (and your strengths/weaknesses) you can become/create a better team. However, I don't personally get close to people "just because". As I'm sure you've imagined, there has to be a logical reason for doing so.

I hate to rain on the parade, but if and when I do open up to someone, it isn't overnight. And not over a few weeks either. For me, it's a couple of years. (For my two closest friends, that was about the time frame.) This I think varies depending on how private the person is in general, or perhaps their level of introversion.

Ah...the ISTJ sense of humor. My favorite. Here is a link to another thread that has a very, very good explanation of it, but I'll also provide a quick summary of my own.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sj-guardhouse/3134-istj-humor.html

My jokes are mostly situational based, and generally require the listener to know about something else in order to make the connection and "catch the humor". For example.....I have an "inside" joke with one of my friends, where certain phrases are used. Unless you know the origin of the phrases, which only we do, you would think of us as weirdos. :D

For others, I rely heavily on sarcasm. There's a bit of truth in each one, but they're usually just pessimistic one-liners I drop into other people's conversations. It has the appearance of being spontaneous, but all I'm really doing is relying on my inner-library of sarcastic one-liners. (Half of them are my own, the rest I steal from Dad. Heh.) Sometimes I can just spout something out though, and it turns out great.

As for your last question, the one about significant others, I do not believe I am qualified to answer that. I've only had one "girlfriend", and that was when I was fourteen. I don't really count that one. Dating isn't really my thing --- I don't have time for that right now. :coffee:

Added:

Should probably mention the last time I "asked someone out". It was someone I knew to a decent degree, figured it would work, she being a super-introvert like myself, and.....well, I actually wrote down all the logical reasons I thought it would work and then I composed....a small paper consisting of that and a proposal to get to know each other. I half expected her to turn away immediately, but instead she politely declined with the same rationale I would use today --- "I'm not really dating right now". And I know from observation that she's in a similar boat like me, too, in that sense. She hasn't *ever* dated. Never been asked out before either. Hm.

Last edited:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Raz, will you share your thought process and deliberation with anyone else?

Do you ever long to let people see your emotions or are you fine with things the way they are?

You mean an actual example to you in this thread?

Yes, I do. However, I have to build up a lot of trust. There's so much superficiality going around, and it takes a lot of emotional energy for me to really open up to someone. I want it to be worth it.

Quick way to gain my respect in the workplace is to demonstrate your competency without an emotional side to it and respect my privacy. Competent people get me excited in the workplace. It makes me want to do better because I admire their intellect. However, if someone is letting that competence be attached to unnecessary emotions, I quickly lose respect for them. Arrogance is one of them. People who air their personal life too much at work in public areas lose my respect.

Show an ability to work on your own, and at least LOOK for solutions to problems on your own, and omg, I suddenly put you above A LOT of people on my list. The ability for someone to be an independent worker ant while being productive is just so sexy to me. It's another SJ thing, but REMEMBER things. If you remember small things I said or did, then that does a crapload.

There's a lot of shit that annoys me at work but a lot of stuff that also gets me excited. I'm like the opposite of the average person there. I take pride in my ability to WORK, to get things accomplished. It bites me in the ass a lot, though.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I was totally kidding about saying "You're not smarter than me." I would never say that. I do very much get things done...and I like taking on new things.

Part of my issue about breaking down in front of him had to do with the fact that I was thinking of taking a Property and Probate law class that would help with my job. Not only was he less than enthusiastic about it, but in the same conversation, he mentioned that a collegue of his (who is a total bitch) sent him some resumes for my job. In addition to being hormonal, I was a little put off by it. I was saying that I was willing to invest my time and money into my job (and my time...to me...is a precious commodity that I rarely give out) and the way things came out with him led me to misunderstand him and make me think he was still considering whether or not to keep me or look for someone else. My initial reaction was to get mad...and he knew I was mad. But occassionally when I get mad, I also cry. In all reality, I don't cry very often at all.

But since then, he has taken more of an interest in the class I'm taking, which is a positive. And he also has a "coach" who helps him with professional things...and she told him it was understandable that I was upset when I was talking about investing in my job and he chose that time to tell me that someone was sending him resumes (which I have no clue why he even told me at all...except that he was thinking it and said it...and didn't think about the impact it might have on me.) I think she successfully helped him understand that I wasn't just being a big baby.

That's good that she's helping.

Why do you equate being emotional with "blowing up at someone?" Just curious.

For the most part, I don't, but sometimes I may get that impression because emotional to me is a strong word itself. But what you're implying is right - being emotional is not only 'blowing up'. For example, most of the time, when I experience emotion, I really do not show it, it's hidden and inside me.

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
The ability for someone to be an independent worker ant while being productive is just so sexy to me.

I appreciate your thoughts, but I'm not interested in appearing "sexy." :doh:

I could be more wordy, but in short....I work my ass off. So I guess I'm good there with an ISTJ. :)

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I'm sorry if that came off the wrong way. I'm just saying what I appreciate in the work environment.

Hard work != good work. A lot of people don't realize that. Any TJ with half a brain comes to the realization early on that a lot of effort doesn't necessarily make a good end product.