• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's and common ailments

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
What common problems do you suffer from?

At what point do you go to the doctors?

Do you take all of your prescription medicine or leave some behind just in case you get ill again?

Add anything else should you wish. :)

I ask because i never suffer from muscle aches but at the moment, a muscle between my spine and shoulder blade is causing so much pain that at times i am gasping for my breath, however i will not go to the doctors unless i am at deaths door. So I'll just put up and shut up.

I have just found this very interesting website should you believe this crap (just my opinion, lol). If you do have reoccurring problems then take a look and see what you are not dealing with. lol :D

Common Ailments

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I was suffering from a HOST of different ailments until I finally found out it was all related to having Celiac disease, which is only treatable by eating gluten-free. Now that I'm GF, I'm much healthier, except for those times when I accidentally ingest gluten and I get really sick again for a few days.

I really hate going to the doctor, and when I did it usually made me frustrated because they could never figure out what was wrong with me. I am not one to go to the doctor unless I am very sick.

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm a whiner --- if in pain, or sick, I whine a lot. (Just to Mom usually.) I only visit the doctor for two reasons:

1. The ailment is unknown to me or other family members.
2. The ailment has driven me to a state where I cannot function normally. (Not deathly, perhaps, but inhibits normal daily activities such as work and what not.)

Most of the time I down some Pepto-Bismol, take an allergy pill, or an aspirin (depending on the issue) and then I just "deal with it", or "wait it out".

Works for me. ; )

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I don't suffer from any diseases or anything. Come to think of it, I don't even think I have any allergies nor have I ever gotten an ear infections. Yep, I'm pretty healthy. Well... except for that one time when I had the stomach bug for two weeks straight. NOT FUN.

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I get headaches a lot. My immune system is much better than it used to be when I had more stress in my life -- I used to constantly get sinus infections and urinary tract infections and cold sores, and would catch whatever bug was going around, no matter how hard I tried not to. I take better care of myself now, so I don't get sick much.

I do however, struggle some with depression and anxiety...and it sometimes causes physical symptoms. I take anti-depressant and other medication for it...but when it's really bad, I get flu-like symptoms. Or muscle aches and pains and kind of a general feeling of malaise. That's when I know I need to stop over giving, start saying no...and take some time for myself.

If I don't feel good physically...I don't complain much. I will go as long as I can...and then I will just withdraw when I can't function...until I can function again.

One thing I hate about getting sick is that nobody in my house can function without me. The house could be clean and the laundry done and bills paid...and I will go down sick for awhile and withdraw...only to walk out into total carnage when I feel better. The cat flying from the ceiling fan, the sink stacked with dirty dishes, eviction notices posted, lack of hot water in the shower due to gas shut-offs...and mountains and mountains of dirty laundry strewn up and down the hallway. I MAY exaggerate a tad, but you know what I mean!

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
SJs are most likely of all types to have negative psychosomatic effects due to stress.

fyi, and what not.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I currently don't suffer from any ailments. *knock on wood* I haven't even had a cold for a couple of years. Most I get is a headache from time to time and I just take some tylenol for that and it goes away.

I ask because i never suffer from muscle aches but at the moment, a muscle between my spine and shoulder blade is causing so much pain that at times i am gasping for my breath, however i will not go to the doctors unless i am at deaths door. So I'll just put up and shut up.

You need a deep tissue back massage. :yes:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I get headaches a lot. My immune system is much better than it used to be when I had more stress in my life -- I used to constantly get sinus infections and urinary tract infections and cold sores, and would catch whatever bug was going around, no matter how hard I tried not to. I take better care of myself now, so I don't get sick much.

I do however, struggle some with depression and anxiety...and it sometimes causes physical symptoms. I take anti-depressant and other medication for it...but when it's really bad, I get flu-like symptoms. Or muscle aches and pains and kind of a general feeling of malaise. That's when I know I need to stop over giving, start saying no...and take some time for myself.

If I don't feel good physically...I don't complain much. I will go as long as I can...and then I will just withdraw when I can't function...until I can function again.

One thing I hate about getting sick is that nobody in my house can function without me. The house could be clean and the laundry done and bills paid...and I will go down sick for awhile and withdraw...only to walk out into total carnage when I feel better. The cat flying from the ceiling fan, the sink stacked with dirty dishes, eviction notices posted, lack of hot water in the shower due to gas shut-offs...and mountains and mountains of dirty laundry strewn up and down the hallway. I MAY exaggerate a tad, but you know what I mean!

Oh bless you. I totally understand where you are coming from.
In the past when my plate was so full, people would just have to sneeze near me and I'd be down for a week. I have also had sciatica on 3 occasions and the last one which was the worst (serious opiate based medication and out of work for 3.5 months) and that was due to stress at work and more so home. I didn't realise at the time but thinking now, it was when my ex left to return home that the pain eased. Lol.

I am now aware that as much as i would like to think i can cope .. I don't do stress very well. Good job i am in a calm(ish) sort of place now.

The home, when you are 'out of order' .. Oh i know what you mean .. :yes:
It is a good job that strong medication = you don't really care, until your well enough again.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have seasonal nosebleeds, especially when allergy season comes around. Sensitive nose. But that's been getting much better as I get older.

Besides that, I rarely get sick or anything. But even when I do get aches or pains, I do tend to wait until last minute to do anything.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Geez guys and girls, take it easy, relaax...

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Let 'em...They have no control over you... :newwink:

*sigh*, you don't understand. I need to belong in my little group, so i am on my best behaviour.

What's that .. Sex, drugs and Rock music???

:party2:

Wicked. We are derailing my own thread here .. :horor:
Whatever next?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
^^^ Lmao ..

Let's see how much we can derail this thread now.
Oh, i am a rebel. :devil:
I will be back in the morning. ;)