• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] You know you're an SJ when....

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Hmm, let me see, Mo... *flip, flip, flip* :reading: Ah yes, in section 62.7, line 8b, of my "Rules for Life as an SJ, including How to Organize Socks" it says that "exceptions may be made and derails allowed in threads in the case of compliments being given." Phew, you're fine!

Hold up! There is a section on how to organize socks??! I think my copy is missing that! :doh: Is there a part on how to survive in the world as the only female SJ in a household full of NF and SP males? :steam:

I LOVE the OCD cat!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just got a chance to catch up, and ohmygawd, this thread is so funny! :rofl1:

You would like Produce, then, Giggly. That's where I work....my job consists of stocking the shelves with fruit/vegetables and making them "look pretty" (organize) and then while I'm doing something else, those pigs come in (Er, customers) and mess everything up, so I can go back and re-organize it. ; )

But if it wasn't for them screwing everything up, like my awesome corn display, I wouldn't have a job.... Ah, such is life.

Hahahaha Now that I've read this, I don't think I'll ever be able to mess up another awesome produce display again.

1. I hate it when people cancel appointments with me. It pisses me off the most.

With this, I'm more forgiving of some people than others. If I get a general sense that someone is mindful of others and their time, then I don't mind if they cancel, but if I think they're just all about "Me,me,me" then I will have very little patience with them.

2. I will not sit on any table in the cafeteria in school unless i've wiped it with a tissue, or if it's spotless.

Who wants to sit at a dirty table? Also, I know an ESFJ who cleans public bathroom mirrors when she uses the bathroom. lol

5. My dressing style almost never has bright colours. Anyhow, I don't like anything that's striking or eye catching.

I really prefer not to stand out either and usually don't but I can't always resist some bright colors in the summer time.

6. In my closet, everything has to be arranged facing the same direction, and colour co-ordinated (although there's not much to co-ordinate :D)

Now this I would like to do but haven't.... yet. :devil:

8. I dont like open ended essays in school. I prefer directed writing.

YES! I prefer objective exams! I don't do well when people ask me open-ended questions in person either.

This hasn't been mentioned yet .. Maybe it's just me and not an SJ thing but ..

Hangers in the wardrobe, all have to be facing the same way. It is not efficient and time saving if they have been placed in opposite directions. :blush:

My hanger OCD is different. I can't stand when there's a stray hanger(s) in between two items of clothing. It drives me nuts! I have to have all the free hangers altogether in one area of the closet and not hiding in between clothing.

Planning out itineraries for trips: When I plan the route and timetable for traveling somewhere, that is a lot of fun.

Oh yes. Planning trip itineraries and schedules is so much fun for me too. :yes:

How about, when you spend 2 hours working on accounting homework, give up on it temporarily because it's drained the life out of you, then go play a video game for a few hours and stop playing the video game because you feel guilty not finishing the homework, proceeding to spend 2 hours completing the work?

That's SJ for you.

Yep. You just can't it out of your mind completely until it's done, and done correctly, huh?

lol .. No, i'll point him in the right direction. As i am always right.

:rofl1:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Ehhhh .. Go off to play video games. No, couldn't do that personally. The homework would be screaming at me to complete it immediately. P.S i love numbers so i would enjoy it.

Yep. You just can't it out of your mind completely until it's done, and done correctly, huh?
:rofl1:

It's more of that it was something I set out to do that day, and when something unexpected about the assignment came up making it 5x more difficult to complete, I wasn't sure how to handle it. I ended up finishing not because it bothered me that it was just unfinished, but it's more like a matter of pride in the ability to complete something as planned. I think that's the difference between the STJ and the SFJ. I won't do something just for the sake of pleasing someone else, but I will do something to prove my level of competence to myself or possibly someone else.

If I had to explain it, I'd say I'm driven mostly by self-discipline and competence. Both kind of go hand in hand for me. Being able to control myself is the competent thing to do. If I want to know how well I did something, I look to my peers. How well did they do it? What were their circumstances? What were my circumstances? Just because I spend a lot of time on something doesn't mean I did it right. It's about the end product and how well it accomplishes what it was supposed to do.

The term DCO is silly. There's a name for the disorder that exists for a reason. Rearranging the letters changes the intent of the acronym, making it less of an important title that it should be. Making something organized or arranged correctly just for the sake of doing it is dumb, to me. Like I said, it goes back to my way of thinking that I push myself to do something if it's something that I should be capable of, rather than just because it feels wrong. Like, for instance, my room is a bit messy. But, if I go and clean some of it, what would that accomplish? What difference would the cleaner room after 10 minutes make as compared to 10 minutes before? Why is it necessary?

But, I have plenty of SJ tendencies. Another example is last night when I wrapping a gift for a coworker. I stopped halfway through because Ne went off telling me a cooler way to do the ribbon to make the gift look more suitable for their wedding colors. So, I went and got 2 colored ribbons, wrapped them around the box. I spent 5 minutes wrapping 2 ribbons around the box because I wanted the space between the bottom of one of the ribbons and the other ribbon to be completely even all around the box. If it's not, it looks like the person who wrapped it doesn't know what they're doing! An amateur! Then I got 2 more ribbons of the same colors for a bow, and did the same thing again making sure the space between the ribbons all around the bow was completely even. Then, I noticed a small streak on one of the ribbons, and thought, "That streak doesn't make it look presentable. It doesn't look clean and polished. I'm getting a new ribbon." I really got into the presentation of the box. :p

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
But, I have plenty of SJ tendencies. Another example is last night when I wrapping a gift for a coworker. I stopped halfway through because Ne went off telling me a cooler way to do the ribbon to make the gift look more suitable for their wedding colors. So, I went and got 2 colored ribbons, wrapped them around the box. I spent 5 minutes wrapping 2 ribbons around the box because I wanted the space between the bottom of one of the ribbons and the other ribbon to be completely even all around the box. If it's not, it looks like the person who wrapped it doesn't know what they're doing! An amateur! Then I got 2 more ribbons of the same colors for a bow, and did the same thing again making sure the space between the ribbons all around the bow was completely even. Then, I noticed a small streak on one of the ribbons, and thought, "That streak doesn't make it look presentable. It doesn't look clean and polished. I'm getting a new ribbon." I really got into the presentation of the box. :p

I get how you rationalise it but still that seems a little extreme. Although cute as hell. :)

When wrapping gifts esp at christmas, i start out with all the edges being nice and neat and cut appropriately. Although my head will explode if the selotape creases as i am flattening it out on the paper, GRRRRRR. However, as time goes on, i stop caring. People (children) don't really care about the presentation, they want the gift inside.
A wedding gift is totally different though. :yes:

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
My hanger OCD is different. I can't stand when there's a stray hanger(s) in between two items of clothing. It drives me nuts! I have to have all the free hangers altogether in one area of the closet and not hiding in between clothing.

:laugh: I do that too.

My husband and myself have wooden hangers bought from the same place (the wood must match). My eldest daughter has adult white hangers. Some hangers are thicker than others which I notice but it dosen't annoy me.
My younger daughter and baby boy share the yellow hangers. Eventually my middle child will get white adult hangers. In the closet for the winter coats, I perfer thick white hangers.

All of the closets have the hangers facing the same direction and the clothes also face the same direction on the hanger.

:cheese:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Wikipedia shows that OCD can treated with ECT. Or should that be CET?:cheese:
I just looked that up. Ow. :p

The term DCO CDO is silly. There's a name for the disorder that exists for a reason. Rearranging the letters changes the intent of the acronym, making it less of an important title that it should be...
It's just a joke. Calm down. :D

I really suck at organizing things. I'll try, but things always end up in mass chaos.

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ

This made me laugh and I can so relate!!! I try to get things gift wrapped whenever possible!

Giggly, I am in bed and just looked up at my closet and I am the same way!! My husband will take a shirt off the hanger to wear it and then leave. I always have to come back behind and take the hangar out of the clothes and put it with the empty hangars. He knows these things about me...and I swear he does it just for fun!

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
[QUOTE="Giggly]Who wants to sit at a dirty table? Also, I know an ESFJ who cleans public bathroom mirrors when she uses the bathroom. lol[/QUOTE]
I often wipe down the counters. :) I also often throw away stray straw wrappings on the counter at fast food places. I also arrange and even out displays in stores sometimes.

cogdecree

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
When you collect hundreds of news articles and organize them by country and political party.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ugh, im ALWAYS comming behind my siblings and dad and picking up after them. Its horrible! Bunch of pigs, i swear! Dishes in the sink? gotta clean em. crap on the counters? gotta clean it. I do everybodies chores only because i get sick of looking at all the crap!!
Jeeze, and then im told that im lazy and selfish because i wont baby sit the unruely kids next door. x/
I do the exact same thing with my hangers. All the empty hangers here and all the filled up hangers there. No intermixing! Which sucks because i share a room with a NP x/

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
oops, i mean my sister is a NF.