• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] The SJ out of context test (read instructions first please)

There is no question.

• Ice cream

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Anger

Votes: 3 10.7%

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Orange

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • IQ

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • God

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Country

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Cheese

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Lethargy

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Sexuality

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Persistance

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Fun

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • $#&$

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Belief

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Evil

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Workplace

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Do not select any of the options if yeu are not an SJ. There will be seperate polls created for each of the type subforums. Yeu can post chat and such, just don't add to the poll please, trying to get a semi-large and hopefully accurate sample size here.

This test is very simple; select as many of the options as yeu want. The options listed are carefully chosen to represent choices of randomness, numeracy, logic, emotions, and several other factors. There is NO CONTEXT to any of the answers.

This's mostly to see how the different types are likely to select certain criteria based on completely random, abstract, out of context information. Feel free to select as many as yeu want.

Just mark down the first ones which catch yeur attention, regardless of the reasoning behind why yeu select each. If it annoys yeu, and yeu feel like marking it down because of that, do so. If it seems amusing to yeu, do the same. If yeu just think it's something yeu can relate to in some way, once again, mark it down. This isn't about choosing actively, so much as just instinctual reaction to the options presented.

(Also this's my first time hopping into the SJ forum, hate to surprise yeu guys with such a bizzare post with no apparant relevance, but trust me it makes sense, in it's own strange way XD )

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I felt great anger towards your (most likely intentional) typos. :steam:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I went with belief.

I need to have more of that in myself.

I hope you don't me asking but why do you write the word you as yeu???

I can not complain as my spelling and grammar is crap but still it is the one word i always notice.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I went with belief.

I need to have more of that in myself.

I hope you don't me asking but why do you write the word you as yeu???

I can not complain as my spelling and grammar is crap but still it is the one word i always notice.

Good choice of course ^^

As for the 'yeu' thing... it's actually pretty complex, I'll be writing a full sized post soon and probably just going to link it in my profile XD

For now, I can give yeu a partial idea though; my spelling isn't any good either, if yeu screw up easy things intentionally, to the point that it's OBVIOUS it's intentional, then people aren't really certain how much is accidental and how much is intentional after that. It's easier to hide in plain sight, than try to hide the obvious.

That being said, there's a great many OTHER reasons (mostly excuses actually) as well, but I'll get those soon enough ^^

Everything makes sense, in a warped, twisted sort of way <3

BlueSky

MBTI Type
ISTJ
That being said, there's a great many OTHER reasons (mostly excuses actually) as well, but I'll get those soon enough ^^

Everything makes sense, in a warped, twisted sort of way <3

I think that's called confirmation bias.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Well folks, looks like Persistence and Belief are in the lead in the SJ forum.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well folks, looks like Persistence and Belief are in the lead in the SJ forum.

What a surprise! :happy2: Are SJs persistent in their beliefs? Ice cream and fun are in second place. What does that mean?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
He/she is trying to drive the SJs crazy? :BangHead:

Lol .. I was just curious.

It doesn't bother me greatly.

I think should he/she start spelling the word properly, then i would be concerned. I associate that with him/her now. :)

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Without seeing the reactions from other types, I predict that:

SJs will answer accurately as possible. It's only polite to help you with whatever you are investigating.
SPs will try mess with the poll. Just because they can. And because it's fun.
NTs will question your methods and point out dozen of flaws in your investigation routines. And they are probably right.
NFs will try to find out why you are doing what you are doing, and are already guessing many things about you. And they are probably right too.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Fun and ice cream are the leading choices. Coincidentally, I'm having fun eating ice cream right now.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
The results:

It's been long enough that this's fallen off the front page now on the forums (except SP's who apparantly don't have a large enough population to actually push threads off even if they haven't been touched in days).

These results are obviously not going to be especially clear due to the fact that different personality types will handle the information better than others (some will try to be accurate, some will try to disrupt it, but honestly that's fine as will be seen below).

The main purpose of this is just to see whot people react strongly to; it doesn't matter if yeu LOVE something, or HATE it, yeu may choose only one or the other, or both, but the best guess (probably inaccurate on my part though) is that people of a similar thought process style (nt/nf/etc) will likely pick things with a similar belief style, in that most will pick either their preferred answers, or if a group is likely to attempt to disrupt it, they'll generally pick the ones they dislike, but as a whole should be semi accurate due to such.

In any case! The ones which are median in general shall be mostly ignored, they obviously weren't strongly enough reacted to for enough people to care one way or another, in which case it implies it's a personal decision more than anything else (excepting people who pick ones which haven't, assumming they checked the list before answering, bad test breakers! BAD! )

Note that I didn't vote (even on my own NT one), because it'd be a biased view. I chose the choices for several reasons, but I probably would've had to pick all of them XD This would've screwed up the results, soooo I had to avoid it.

NF: 59 total votes
NT: 69 total votes
SP: 15 total votes
SJ: 20 total votes

Ice cream: Everyone loves ice cream! (Except the lactose intollerant) However, the SP's seemed to like it alot more than the NT's. The other groups were average enough to not seem all that important however. Best guess is the NT's react less well to ice cream due to it's lack of mental stimulation (even if it is tasty), and SP's prefer it for its' sensory input? Can't be certain either way to be truthful, but it is a bit interesting nontheless.

Anger: Didn't really expect anyone to care for this, though I was admittedly surprised to see that the discrepency that NF's would be 300% more likely to pick it than SJ's. Whether they're more prone to being angry, or just have stronger irritation at it is anyone's guess though.

37: Numerical, it represented a hard piece of tangible data. As expected, the NT's latched heavily onto it. SJ's didn't care about a random number without context to place it in at all.

Orange: too similar to really matter, less than 50% deviation can be accounted for by just personal preferance.

IQ: I expected this one to be far higher for some types than others. That everyone was within 40-46% is a bit bizzare. I'd really expected this to be more closely related to 37's data.

God: Implications of religion are obvious here. I wasn't surprised to see NT's have it so low on their list, due to the mode of thought in which case there's generally more emphasis on understanding (which goes against the mere premise of faith usually), however I expected other types to be a bit higher on the scale. It's strange, that for the states, only 15% of people are athiest, I expected the numbers in general to reflect this, but I suppose it may better show how strongly people are to put emphasis on faith in their decisions. That being said, NT's got the lowest at 27.54, SJ's the highest at 45.00%.

Country: I realized after I posted the polls I should've used nation. Or nationalism. Country could just as easily be considered country music. In the end, everyone was ~15% with little deviation.

Cheese: If there's one thing this test has shown, it's that SP's LURVE their cheese! By an immense factor compared to everyone else. Why? I have no idea! Perhaps they think the test is cheezy (as some stated XD ...And they're right ^^ ) or perhaps they just found it to be silly enough to go with it. ONe would've expected cheese to be related similar to ice cream overall, despite a different flavour, yet strangely, NT's and SJ's seemed to like cheese more, proportionately, than the others. If we assume ice cream:cheese ratios, NF got 2.5, NT's got 1.3, SJ's got 1.2, and SP's got 2.4. These values would be how much more people chose ice cream than cheese. It's an odd division there, one which I can't fully explain.

Lethargy: Unsurprisingly, the NF's and NT's seemed to pick this twice as often as the S's did. Hard work seems to be far more of a physical preferance for S's, while mental stimulation can occur despite being lazy about it.

Sexuality: The numbers here were fairly consistant, other than for the SJ's who were notably lower than most. Hard to really tell if they were just uncomfortable with the subject, or just don't care one way or another. Best guess is it's just something expected to be private, but I could be misunderstanding that easily as well.

Persistance: Everyone got 45-55%. Except NT's. Is anyone surprised by this? Probably not, NT mindset being that if something isn't working, why waste time and effort on it when yeu could be instead trying things from a different angle.

Fun: I'm very disappointed in the NT's XD Fun? No FUN!? The S's love fun! Even the NF's are about halfway fun, but the NT's just don't seem to care :O Is it being picky over the terminology? (nt's likely to quibble over definition..) or is it moreso just expecting it to the point that it's considered normal? It could of course just be that everyone other than the entp's are ruining out numbers! *Shakefist* Or it could mean absolutely nothing. Who knows, it's a strange discrepency. Overall I'm far more interested in that "FUN", of all things, got beat out by ice cream. Yeu'd think that ice cream would be an extension of this o_O Seriously, SJ's are the ONLY ones who consider ice cream more important than fun. >.>

$#&$: intentionally chosen so that it looks like a curse word, or just gibberish, it was left to people to decide whot to do with it. I seriously wasn't expecting the SP's to be 60% and SJ's to be 10% though, that's a bizzare dispairity in mindset on the matter.

Belief: Another extension to 'god' but without the religious context directly applied. Oddly, SP's don't put much faith in belief, whereas SJ's do. The S split on that was quite surprising, honestly. Then again, not so much surprised that NT's don't put much faith in belief, nor that NF's do.

Evil: this one was admittedly more amusement on my part, I wanted a counter to 'god' without being so direct on the matter. The numbers were never really THAT high... but even so, NT's got nearly triple the score of the SP's. I guess NT's just are more likely to either consider the broader implications, hate the term, or maybe we're just evil. I'd go with the latter myself, or at the very least, the ENTP's generally love to play devil's advocate, which would be tilting the scales a bit =3

Workplace: Noone really likes work. Well that's not really true, some people define themselves by their work. Looking at the numbers here, and that SJ's are about 250% more likely to choose it than anyone else, I'm going to guess that the SJ's are far more into relating themselves to their work than others. If there's going to be a workaholic, chances are they'll be an SJ looks like. Most likely there's a very specific type at that which's likely nudging the numbers that way.

Overall: This was partially a method of understanding people as a whole better, to see how the types were more likely to react to others, and to help me get a better understanding of which parts are likely to be personal preferance, and which are more likely to be related to type. I'm still a bit new to the whole types thing in general, but I can't agree with the strict belief that everyone automatically has set beliefs on everything based on their type... obviously this's not the case, or we'd just be 16 variations of clones, and everyone of a type would be identical, regardless of personal experience and so on. After actually going through this, I think it's supported that belief a bit more as well. There are SOME things which will be trends in certain mindsets, but there are also SOME which will be personal values.

That being said, however, this did provide some interesting insights. To be honest, I'm still having issues differentiating the SJ's from the SP's, since they're kind of external to my own understanding of things... the rather powerful differences in some of these though did help clear that up some. The whole "Judgement" and "percieving" thing is alot more clear to me now as a whole, rather than just abstract. It's just easier to learn things with examples and multiple referance sources I find, and this's helped a great deal for myself in that regard =3

To everyone who voted, and participated, I give yeu all my thanks, I know it's a bit silly of a poll, but it actually did help me understand each of yeur mindsets a little better, so thanks muchly for the help. I hope yeu each enjoyed the test, or at least enjoyed complaining about the methodology XD

Yes, it obvious wasn't the best designed one ever, however, the concept of getting to see people's opinions on generic concepts, without having them bickering over the nuances of how it was worded, or how it applies in a situation, is rather nice data to have, even if notoriously unreliable.

In any case! Thanks again, and for the forums I'd not previously stepped into, I appologise once again for the rather bizzare and random first post, but am delighted so many chose to help out regardless ^^

And for those pulling their hair out, sometime in the next week I intend to write a post about the 'yeu' thing, to clear things up. Imma dump it into my signature, so it should be easier to find once it's there. I know some will diagree with the explainations (there's alot of them), but such is the way of things! Some people are purists, regardless of the topic, and just can't accept deviation regardless of reasoning. Follow the letter of the law, not the concept thereof I suppose. But such is the way of things. We can argue about that later, I just wanted to mention that I'll be giving explaination soon enough so people can stop pulling their hair out. Or at least feel justified in doing so. (Please don't comment on the 'yeu' thing for this post, stick to the poll data please ^^ We'll have lots of time to bicker about my spelling soon enough, save up yeur rants for then XD )

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Thank you for showing the results. That is awesome.

More importantly, can i fall in love with your mind? ;)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah, thanks for that. Intriguing results section.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Question: Do you use "replace"-function to convert all "you"s to "yeu"s? I'm still angry about it!

Noone really likes work.
Bah... call me SJ if you will, but I work is great! Workplaces might be awful, but it's work that keeps the mankind on it's tracks. I love work! Work work work! There's nothing like working 10 to 12 hours a day. When you are finished, you can feel very very satisfied with yourself. Then you know you have earned your rest. It's one of the best feelings in the world.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Thank you for showing the results. That is awesome.

More importantly, can i fall in love with your mind? ;)

"Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power."
-Lao Tzu

Wouldn't it make more sense to fall in love with yeur own mind then? ^.~

I'm sure yeu could actually if yeu reaaaaaally want to. Yeu just can't have it XD

As for habba, I hadn't realized there was a word swap XD If that's the case, I may make use of it on the SJ forums to fix the spelling for me =3

And note I specifically clarified AFTER I said noone likes work, that it isn't a true statement because some people DO XD There's alot of people who just luuuuurve to work endlessly, makes them feel alive. I get that off debating and mental stimulation, labour just doesn't do it for me. To each their own ^^