• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's and dating types

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
This may of been done already .. Apologies if so.

If you could date any type, which would you choose and why?

Have you found yourself compatible with a type you shouldn't really be compatible with?
After all people are just people with different life experiences. :yes:

Curious .. :)

WickedQueen

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I think ISTJ and INTJ are those who attracts me more than any other type.

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Hmm

ESFJ, ISFP, maybe try an ENFP or INFJ and ESFP as long as they are not toooooo P and too all over the place etc.

I like the F's in general.

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Ideally I wanted to be with an ISxP. However, my boyfriend is an ENTJ and we get along very well. Edit: I don't believe ESFJ and ENTJ are generally thought to be very compatible.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Ideally I wanted to be with an ISxP. However, my boyfriend is an ENTJ and we get along very well. Edit: I don't believe ESFJ and ENTJ are generally thought to be very compatible.

Me neither. Is there any competitiveness in your relationship?

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Me neither. Is there any competitiveness in your relationship?

In what sense? We have been dating for over a year and there has been very little controlling behavior on either side. We actually give each other quite a bit of freedom. Is that what you meant? If not, explain and I'll do my best to answer.

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
An N type for me for sure. And he should be a bit more extroverted than me. The rest is negotiable.
I used to find INTPs very intriguing but my long-term experience with those I've met led me to the conclusion that they are prone to being dysfunctional (i.e. incapable of having a normal relationship), so I've given up on them.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey shrimpei. Good to see you. :hi:

Re the OP: It's an interesting question. Sometimes you read a type description and you'll think "Eww this type sounds horribly unappealing" and then you meet someone of that type and they are surprising attractive and :heart:. And then you'll read a description of another type that sounds soo wonderfully attractive and then you meet someone of that type and they are annoying as all get out and :sick:.

So, I dunno about going by types anymore. I'm trying to shake any preconceived notions I have based on MBTI (both good and bad!) because far too often they seem to be WRONG when compared to real people.

Or....... you're not falling for all that.... okay, okay, I like ISTP's. :wubbie: Heeee :D

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
ENFP's & ISFJ's! :happy:

I don't know why though. :unsure: They just tend to have what I want I guess. :D:D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am attracted to the mind so NT's would suit me down to the ground. Not quite sure they would feel the same way though. ;)

In what sense? We have been dating for over a year and there has been very little controlling behavior on either side. We actually give each other quite a bit of freedom. Is that what you meant? If not, explain and I'll do my best to answer.

I meant the competitiveness and controlling aspects. That's good to hear anyway. Awww.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
XXFX :D

I still don't know what would really be optimal for me in a relationship, both in the give and take aspects.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Definitely an "F". Right, Beat? :cheers:

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I am attracted to the mind so NT's would suit me down to the ground. Not quite sure they would feel the same way though. ;)

I meant the competitiveness and controlling aspects. That's good to hear anyway. Awww.

I like NT very much, too. :wubbie:

Honestly I used to think I'd never be attracted to an N, but he seems to have well developed Se. Also, he is just mature, and I don't think that is just the rose colored glasses speaking. He can be insensitive at times, but when we communicate about it he's willing to admit his wrongs and try to be more careful in the future. I actually thought he was ISTP for a long time until he tested as ENTJ, and then I read that ENTJ's can look like ISTP's often because of developed cognitive functions.

Or something. I explain this function stuff like I know what the hell I'm talking about and I really don't. :laugh:

But I don't know. Even when you take types into consideration, people are different, and there are other things that cause us to be compatible. I believe life experiences, upbringing, and other factors help to develop traits that work well with other people even if their personality may not be what a type enthusiast would call "ideal." Both of us are very independent, and I think this causes us to be careful to not control one another. Also, for me, manipulation and controlling are against some of my core values and I've seen and been affected by them enough to realize how harmful they are to relationships. These types of things factor in to compatibility, as well. Not that I'm saying our relationship is free of issues here and there, but they have been minor, fixable, and so far I have not noticed controlling behavior as having a place in our relationship.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I like NT very much, too. :wubbie:

Honestly I used to think I'd never be attracted to an N, but he seems to have well developed Se. Also, he is just mature, and I don't think that is just the rose colored glasses speaking. He can be insensitive at times, but when we communicate about it he's willing to admit his wrongs and try to be more careful in the future. I actually thought he was ISTP for a long time until he tested as ENTJ, and then I read that ENTJ's can look like ISTP's often because of developed cognitive functions.

Or something. I explain this function stuff like I know what the hell I'm talking about and I really don't. :laugh:

But I don't know. Even when you take types into consideration, people are different, and there are other things that cause us to be compatible. I believe life experiences, upbringing, and other factors help to develop traits that work well with other people even if their personality may not be what a type enthusiast would call "ideal." Both of us are very independent, and I think this causes us to be careful to not control one another. Also, for me, manipulation and controlling are against some of my core values and I've seen and been affected by them enough to realize how harmful they are to relationships. These types of things factor in to compatibility, as well. Not that I'm saying our relationship is free of issues here and there, but they have been minor, fixable, and so far I have not noticed controlling behavior as having a place in our relationship.

You shouldn't of said anything. It seemed you knew what you was talking about there. :yes:

Awww. It is really nice to hear you have this happy medium.
Obviously everything you have said makes perfect sense. There are so many factors which have to somewhat be in place to help make a relationship work and move forward.

I am very happy for you. ;)

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
You shouldn't of said anything. It seemed you knew what you was talking about there. :yes:

Awww. It is really nice to hear you have this happy medium.
Obviously everything you have said makes perfect sense. There are so many factors which have to somewhat be in place to help make a relationship work and move forward.

I am very happy for you. ;)

No it's ok. I can admit when I'm stupid! Haha. But seriously I only understand a little bit about those functions, so when I start talking about it I'm always thinking in the back of my head that one of the hundreds of more educated people on this board will read what I wrote and think, "She just put two and two together and got five. WTH?" :doh: :D

In the past I've always been strongly attracted to I-types. Isn't it common for E's and I's to be attracted to each other? Not sure why this has been an exception with me this time but who cares? I can't even analyze why I'm attracted to what I am. :)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
No it's ok. I can admit when I'm stupid! Haha. But seriously I only understand a little bit about those functions, so when I start talking about it I'm always thinking in the back of my head that one of the hundreds of more educated people on this board will read what I wrote and think, "She just put two and two together and got five. WTH?" :doh: :D

In the past I've always been strongly attracted to I-types. Isn't it common for E's and I's to be attracted to each other? Not sure why this has been an exception with me this time but who cares? I can't even analyze why I'm attracted to what I am. :)

I usually go for I's as well. I love my E friends (acquaintances) but jeez after a while i need to get away from them, they are louder than me.
When looking for a suitor (lol) i ideally like more quiet/reflective/need their space kind of people. It's a balance I'm usually happy with.
Yet as you have pointed out, you are with someone who you shouldn't necessarily be compatible with and still it's all good so far.
If i am correct though, according to Socionics our opposite is INTJ (someone will point it out if i am incorrect ;)), so maybe you are such opposites and due to giving each other space, you are able to work together and be happy.

:)