• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's and dating types

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually thought he was ISTP for a long time until he tested as ENTJ, and then I read that ENTJ's can look like ISTP's often because of developed cognitive functions.

Hmm. That's interesting! I think it might go vice versa as well, where ISTPs sometimes look like ENTJs also.

I usually go for I's as well. I love my E friends (acquaintances) but jeez after a while i need to get away from them, they are louder than me.
When looking for a suitor (lol) i ideally like more quiet/reflective/need their space kind of people. It's a balance I'm usually happy with.

I have, admittedly, been a little baffled by why E types like I types so thanks for explaining this. I can see why I types like E types, as they make up for what they lack, and extroversion is more valued or useful to get on in this world, but I think most Extroverts don't understand or admire Introversion very much.

For surely. :cheers:

How developed do you think you're F is?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
How developed do you think you're F is?
I seem to test as pretty balanced in all the functions, yet I think my T is always the strongest one. I think people that know me would say I'm balanced as well... At least my mom always told me that, lol. I'm a pretty logical thinker and I think I filter my emotions through that, for the most part. I do feel strong emotion, but rarely is that on display. I'm not sure how else to explain it to you, giggs. I think a lot of my T-ness is a defense mechanism of sorts. I try to suppress or downplay my feelings as much as I can and not let it cloud what I feel is a logical solution or whatever the case may be.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I seem to test as pretty balanced in all the functions, yet I think my T is always the strongest one. I think people that know me would say I'm balanced as well... At least my mom always told me that, lol. I'm a pretty logical thinker and I think I filter my emotions through that, for the most part. I do feel strong emotion, but rarely is that on display. I'm not sure how else to explain it to you, giggs. I think a lot of my T-ness is a defense mechanism of sorts. I try to suppress or downplay my feelings as much as I can and not let it cloud what I feel is a logical solution or whatever the case may be.

Aww I think that's great, Beat. I wish I knew how to control my feelings better!

Parsimony

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
By far, I've always been attracted to those with N and the two ppl that I've dated are INxx. I find Ns to be fascinating because of their different thought processes although from what I've read here it seems that most S and N would drive each other nuts. *shrugs*

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find myself very strong attracted to ESTP's but ESFPs and ENTJ's are also attractive to me, though not as much as the first. I prefer my women to have very strong, aggressive, outgoing personalities with a gentle side underneath their ferocity :cheese:

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
When dating, anything goes. Type doesn´t matter to me. For me, it´s like doing research work.

After the dating phase, I put men of particular types under different categories: friend, lover, boyfriend, dumped.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I may be learning that I, personally, can't date an F-preferenced guy. :cry:As much as I sometimes enjoy the opportunity to engage my poor, undeveloped F, it's really like we're speaking two different languages and I feel all :BangHead:.

soapninja

MBTI Type
eSTJ
I think I may be learning that I, personally, can't date an F-preferenced guy. :cry:As much as I sometimes enjoy the opportunity to engage my poor, undeveloped F, it's really like we're speaking two different languages and I feel all :BangHead:.

I have yet to date a guy with the F-preference.

My brother is F leaning and I pushed him down the stairs when he was an infant :devil: We were constantly fighting when we were growing up, but when some little sh!t kid picked on him, I was right there to whack them upside the head. No one messes with my baby brother!

lolol

Permabanned
MBTI Type
:)
Enneagram
I like novelty. Being with someone so similar to me would be boring, so generally if I'm attracted to someone they usually end up being rather strong and assertive yet playful with a nice sense of humor. A lot of the time I'm attracted to INTPs, there is just something so...interesting about them and because they are different from me I can't help but be attracted to them. That being said the INTP would need a nicely developed Fe function otherwise the aloofness would be too much for me and I'd run away.