• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs, what type are you attracted to?

What type are you attracted to?

• Total voters

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Okay, yeah, I'm definitely way too selective about who I'm attracted to. It's so much that it's probably impossible to find the right person. I was just thinking about extroversion vs. introversion today. I recently made the transition from introversion to extroversion myself. I think about it in others and what appeals the most to me. If someone is too introverted, they're too lazy and they prefer to have a small close circle of friends, which is more or less what I meant by clingy. If someone is too extroverted, they constantly have so much to do and so many people to talk to that it's impossible to spend enough time focused on me.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No Maxie lovin' for any of those clingy types!

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Well, at least in the case of this one person, it didn't work out. I think she wants to be with me, but it's not going to happen.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, at least in the case of this one person, it didn't work out. I think she wants to be with me, but it's not going to happen.

Aww, that's hard. :hug:

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Okay, new situation: I told this one other girl I love her. She's very outgoing, loves to talk, and is attractive. So, why not? She's always really busy though, on the move, so I don't see her a lot. Guys are trying to get me to, uh... get with her, but I don't think this would work out either. Heheh, just another entertaining story for you guys.

browneyes94

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Probably ISTJs, ESTPs or ESTJs. As long as he doesnt have too much F. haha.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Probably ISTJs, ESTPs or ESTJs. As long as he doesnt have too much F. haha.

I guess that's another factor. Since males are generally T and females are generally F, it seems to be preferred that they're not too far from what's more usual.

It's probably the ESFJ or ESFP that I'm attracted to, but seeing how things have been with me, I doubt I'll ever be in a real relationship.

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Okay, new situation: I told this one other girl I love her. She's very outgoing, loves to talk, and is attractive. So, why not? She's always really busy though, on the move, so I don't see her a lot. Guys are trying to get me to, uh... get with her, but I don't think this would work out either. Heheh, just another entertaining story for you guys.

You told her you love her because "She's very outgoing, loves to talk, and is attractive. So, why not?" You have a loose definition of the word "love" my friend! :huh:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You tiger, you. Rawr. I say go for it.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
You told her you love her because "She's very outgoing, loves to talk, and is attractive. So, why not?" You have a loose definition of the word "love" my friend! :huh:
Don't you love your friends and those who are closest to you? I don't see what the problem is. Oh, wait, I only knew her for like, a day. Nothing wrong with loving someone though.
You tiger, you. Rawr. I say go for it.
Haha. We'll see what happens.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ you did right by switching to ESTJ....I dated one for a year and have been great friends with him since and this is exactly what kind of stuff comes out of his mouth about dating...:doh: So simplified and yet he goes so in depth with things that most people don't even consider worthy of considering when dating someone. Strange juxtapositions. Crazy ESTJ's :newwink:

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
You remember when I had my type as ISTJ? I don't think that all ESTJs or any personality type need to all be exactly the same or do/say the same things, but that is a noteworthy similarity, I suppose.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You remember when I had my type as ISTJ? I don't think that all ESTJs or any personality type need to all be exactly the same or do/say the same things, but that is a noteworthy similarity, I suppose.

No they don't. I agree. But to preface that remark before every post here would be exhausting :D

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hah, I'm really turning this thread into "ESTJs, what type are you attracted to?"

Anyway, it didn't work out. I've classified her as an ESFP. I knew there was some kind of problem, and I kept trying to talk to her about it, but she kept running away and making excuses. Thanks to typology, I can understand why she was like that. She was afraid of hurting my feelings, whereas I just wanted to get to the bottom of things.

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Don't you love your friends and those who are closest to you? I don't see what the problem is. Oh, wait, I only knew her for like, a day. Nothing wrong with loving someone though.

Haha. We'll see what happens.

Oh, my bad. I do love the people closest to me. However, the "romantic L word", I save for very few special people. I've only ever said it to 3 people in my life. :)

You are so funny Max...you always make me laugh!!

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
No INFP love?! :sadbanana: Man, the ISTJs into me must all think I'm an ENFP or something...poor mistaken souls. :laugh: Honestly though I think an xNFP would drive you all insane! Well, maybe just xNxP. My SJ friends laugh at the bizarre schenanigans that ensue when we all get together... ^^;

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Oh, my bad. I do love the people closest to me. However, the "romantic L word", I save for very few special people. I've only ever said it to 3 people in my life. :)
I see. It hasn't gotten me much of anywhere good in the past couple of weeks. I guess I need to be more careful about how I use it. I just don't understand how things got the way they were.
You are so funny Max...you always make me laugh!!
Hah, thanks! Good to hear.

No INFP love?! :sadbanana: Man, the ISTJs into me must all think I'm an ENFP or something...poor mistaken souls. :laugh: Honestly though I think an xNFP would drive you all insane! Well, maybe just xNxP. My SJ friends laugh at the bizarre schenanigans that ensue when we all get together... ^^;

I think the general consensus a few pages back was that anything was fine, as long as they weren't T. However, that was only the opinion of a few individuals.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the general consensus a few pages back was that anything was fine, as long as they weren't T. However, that was only the opinion of a few individuals.

Yeah a lot of us were curious because INFPs seem to hook up with ISTJs or other NFs the most often... my aunt is an INFP in a good relationship with an ISTJ.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah a lot of us were curious because INFPs seem to hook up with ISTJs or other NFs the most often... my aunt is an INFP in a good relationship with an ISTJ.

Well, someone back there said that they think NF's are more mysterious. In other words, a lot of people are insanely attracted to their opposite, even if their opposite may not be what's best for them.