• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] You can trade in one 'letter' of your type, for the opposite...........

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh only for a month??
I would be any type..
That would be cool.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Being in the ISTJ mindset, I would want to swap the I for an E.
ESTJ gets to order people around. It sounds fun!

As for the other possibilities:
INTJ: INTJs are very smart, but this just got edged out by the ISTP. INTJs are very successful too.
ISFJ: No thanks. It sounds very tough and hard to be an ISFJ male. No offense to any ISFJ reading this.
ISTP: This is very appealing, but not as appealing as ESTJ. I'll say this is my second preference given that they are so adaptive.

Yeah, actually mine would be the same order:

ESTJ
ISTP
INTJ
ISFJ

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
As long as it's just a month, I'd go withg ISTP. Truth be told, I just wish I were less shy.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
For the first month i would change F to T. So ESTJ.
Month 2 - INTJ (I would love the knowledge)
Month 3 - ENTP (I just want to get inside their heads)
Month 4 - ESTP (Fun, fun, fun. Life is so not serious)
Month 5 - INTP (Knowledgable yet lazy, wicked)

Month 6-12 - Back to me and to process the info and organise it somehow to gain some benefit from it all.

The only type i wouldn't want to try is xNFP.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Now I'd really like to try this out haha. I'm just going to go about (trying to be) extroverted, and see how ESTJ suits me. See if I get the energy knocked out of me. I'll let you know how it's going.

How Introverted are you?

Slight, Moderate, Significant?

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
We're on our mission to extroversion together!

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Obstacle course is a very small part of training. Most training revolves around doing what you are told to do, and telling other people to do what you tell them to do... in a loud tone of voice.

Very tempting, very tempting. As long as I get to yell rather that being yelled at.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Who is to say that you can't already change a letter in the present reality?

If I were to change type, I'd change to INFJ largely to see if people would appreciate me more (or less) if I were Fe>Ti. An interesting experiment, if you will.

If I were required to only change a single letter, I would change P for J in order to see how INTJs are different. (if they are)

In reality, however, I'd stay INTP. Seeing as I think like an INTP, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to reason that I prefer being INTP. Why change what's already working out well for me?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Moderately. It will be a struggle, I know.

Oh okay. Moderate is manageable, though. If it was significant, it would be next to impossible, I'd say. I guess in the beginning you'll have to have lots of time-outs, but it's definitely doable!

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Who is to say that you can't already change a letter in the present reality?

If I were to change type, I'd change to INFJ largely to see if people would appreciate me more (or less) if I were Fe>Ti. An interesting experiment, if you will.

If I were required to only change a single letter, I would change P for J in order to see how INTJs are different. (if they are)

In reality, however, I'd stay INTP. Seeing as I think like an INTP, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to reason that I prefer being INTP. Why change what's already working out well for me?

I'm sure most people wouldn't want to change. That's why I say do it for a month. I wouldn't want to change how I am, but it would be interesting to see life through some other lenses, you feel me?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I'm sure most people wouldn't want to change. That's why I say do it for a month. I wouldn't want to change how I am, but it would be interesting to see life through some other lenses, you feel me?

Walking in the shoes of others gives my foot calluses.

redacted

So if you are an I, you'd become an E, If you prefer F, you'd rely more on T............yeah you get it, a swap.

The thing is, it's a trial basis. so, let's say, maybe after a month, you'd switch back to your original preference. A month is probably a good enough amount of time to experience fully whatever letter you trade in.

Oh yeah, you can trade in any combination as well, so if you want to trade in you IS for EN, that's perfectly fine.

So, which would you trade in? Would it be one? Two?, maybe all 4?

That's an odd way of asking "if you could be any type, what would it be?"

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
That's an odd way of asking "if you could be any type, what would it be?"

Yeah, it's much more fun if you could change just one letter. Your choices would be limited and you'd have to make a decision on which of the four letters hold most importance for you.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
I would change P to J. Ignoring cognitive functions for a second, I think I already have a latent J within. Not being able to make decisions, not having opinions, and not being able to get anything done is getting old.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'd be a J. It would be nice to actually have some focus and get some shit done.

Strawberrylover

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hmm...

ENTP: nah, I already know what that probably feels like.
INFP: oh gawd, I don't think I can take the emotional drama.
ENFJ: No no no!!!
ESFP: Maaaybe. But as much as I like to shop as an ENFP, I think being an ESFP might just break my wallet.

Erm, could I be an INFJ or ENTJ?

INFJs seem so mystical and interesting, and I'm really curious about what Ni feels like. ENTJ because they seem so strong and ruthless and kickass.