• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] You can trade in one 'letter' of your type, for the opposite...........

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I really wouldn't want to trade in this equipment.

For fun though, maybe I'd try INTJ or ISTP for a month. A month sounds a lot longer than I'd want to be stuck as another type... :mellow:

(Only going with the switching-one-letter choices because a "Which of the 16 types would you want to be?" Thread has been done before. Plus those were the rules you started.

My ISTJ bro- following the rules.

Actually I said you could switch 1 or more. Maybe switch you I and T for E and F? :newwink:

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree with Cim. I suppose a month I could trade in my I or S.... the rest I couldn't do without! :D

I'm fine with my J. I couldn't do the P thing LOL

But I'd like to try a lil F- it would help me be more sympathetic with my girlfriend!

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
OK, if it's only one letter that we're switching, I'd like to go with ISTP. ISTPs get the best toys.
:headphne:

(Only going with the switching-one-letter choices because a "Which of the 16 types would you want to be?" Thread has been done before. Plus those were the rules you started.

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well, I'd only want to change temporarily, cause I like being an ISFJ.

I would probably like to try the E, even though I can be E in my own way sometimes when I'm comfortable around people.

N is another one I would try just to see what it's like and try and understand N's more. But I love being S and having my awesome memory.

I like being an F too, I think that people are a big part of life and being good with emotions and feelings adds a lot to your relationships.

No way would I trade my J. P's often get on my nerves and as others said... often they seem unmotivated or lazy. They bug me when I try to plan something to do with them! Not to mention they can lose interest very fast. I dunno, seems like it would be hard to find fulfillment in life. But I guess I couldn't say for sure unless I was a P.

So I guess the only real ones I would like to try are E and N, but again... only temporarily... because I like being an ISFJ and I am happy with my type.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd trade my T for a F, because i just feel like it. And see how it feels like for my feeling to control my decisions, then i can probably understand my ESFP sister who always comeback to her crappy relationship even if she's miserable.

Probably won't trade I for a E, cause i heard ENTJ are assholes, and i wouldn't want to be like the......oh wait

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would definitely trade in my J, and be an ESTP. Then, I would do all the reckless, crazy things that I never had the courage to do, and a month later, life would get back to normal. That would be pretty cool :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would try out the S team actually. I love being an intuitive, even if it makes me a weirdo :D, but I think being a Se-aux artist would be interesting. I have a feeling I'd be a lot more prolific as an ISFP because I'd actually do things instead of just endlessly contemplating ideas. It would be interesting to be among other sensors in conversations and not be bored to death. Might I actually take an interest in their discussion? Hmmm....

I also feel this letter is the most foreign to me. I can fathom extroversion, I can easily fathom being INFJ, and I have a good handle on Ti, but not being an intuitive is actually hard for me to grasp. Somehow, it sounds like life might be simpler. I could just enjoy, and not always be analyzing and having my mind anywhere but the present. I don't relate much to ISFPs at all, despite sharing Fi-dom, so I suppose the N to S change would be profound and interesting.

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I hear the Marine Corps is running one, and they are taking applications.
Enlisting in the military means going through basic training, which contains an obstacle course. The obstacle course probably fits ISTP more than the risk adverse ISTJ. It'll work if I want to become an ISTP.

I expect ESTJness would be taught with the case method followed by some virtual reality technology.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I would trade T for F most likely.. :wubbie:

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
I like INTJ all right, I'm a fan of Ni... but I'd probably go for ENTJ if I had to, just because I don't like how I get sick of interaction with people I a) actually do enjoy spending time with or b) need to be around for some purpose.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Enlisting in the military means going through basic training, which contains an obstacle course. The obstacle course probably fits ISTP more than the risk adverse ISTJ. It'll work if I want to become an ISTP.

Obstacle course is a very small part of training. Most training revolves around doing what you are told to do, and telling other people to do what you tell them to do... in a loud tone of voice.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think having a strong F would be interesting. Then when they unlock the door to my padded cell after the month is over, I can take what I learned and put it too good use! :alttongue:

I think of all the types, being an ESFP would be most interesting. I mean, they're always friendly and open and they genuinely like people. Who does that?! ;)

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The thing is, it's a trial basis. so, let's say, maybe after a month, you'd switch back to your original preference. A month is probably a good enough amount of time to experience fully whatever letter you trade in.

So, which would you trade in? Would it be one? Two?, maybe all 4?

The ESTP, hands down. Assuming the ESTP is using their preferences to the fullest, they are essentially the tactical, dare-devil versions of the ENTJs with sharper interpersonal skills and quicker maneuvers. I admire the developed ESTPs I've gotten known in real life. Even if they're underdeveloped, they impress me with a "ready-to-go" attitude and an immediate environmental awareness.

Or I might try out the ESFP type to shake things up. :)

Otherwise, it's not worth trading in the letters when I can learn them from others.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My ISTJ bro- following the rules.

Actually I said you could switch 1 or more. Maybe switch you I and T for E and F? :newwink:
Hah, thanks for the offer, but switching too many at once would leave me not even feeling like myself after a while. I guess that's why they're "preferences," that a person naturally prefers them on a deeper level than a whim... :thinking:

I mean, trading in your type may sound reflexively like a good idea, but then you look around at the other options and see pitfalls everywhere.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Life would be so much easier if I could trade my P I think. Everything else is fine..

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

You don't need to like risks to do the obstacle course well. You need to be physically fit, and that's something that type doesn't discriminate.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I guess I'd switch my P for J, then my I for E, then my T for F, then my N for S...

and then before I kill myself, I'd switch back.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I'm extremely high on the P scale but I don't think I'd want to trade for a J because I wouldn't want to go that far. It'd be too suffocating. But if we were all drinking the same potions mine would probably take me close to the line but not over it so I'd be fine. It'd be nice to be a little more organized in my thoughts and actually get my place cleaned up. haha.

And once we found the potion didn't change any of my letters I could then drink the N potion and develop a little more strategy so I'm not always just thinking within the moment but am able to step back and view life from a higher plane and keep things in better order.

God, I'm a mess. :tongue:

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hah, thanks for the offer, but switching too many at once would leave me not even feeling like myself after a while. I guess that's why they're "preferences," that a person naturally prefers them on a deeper level than a whim... :thinking:

I mean, trading in your type may sound reflexively like a good idea, but then you look around at the other options and see pitfalls everywhere.

Yeah you see them, but fortunately you only have to deal with them for 30 days. ;)

That's the fun in it!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Now I'd really like to try this out haha. I'm just going to go about (trying to be) extroverted, and see how ESTJ suits me. See if I get the energy knocked out of me. I'll let you know how it's going.