• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJ and inferior Ne

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
That's utterly baffling to someone with high Ne! Make a decision without information? You're just stumbling in the dark! LOL!

The talk of just wanting to get things out of the way makes me laugh as well. What's the point of life, I mean where are you enjoying life if you're just seeing it as a succession of moments and things to get done and over with, out of the way? :laugh:

But then, IxTJ's have never been known much for their sense of fun :alttongue:

It's only with tasks we don't care about or are in a hurry to do or don't like. Not everything. Otherwise we're perfectionists really.

:) with those tasks you don't enjoy, high Ne would say "find a way to enjoy it, even if it means exploring every tangent on the way!"

No. That's what an ENTP would say. :yes:

Slickness

MBTI Type
ISTJ
What drives J in an ISTJ? I notice when they feel challenged or threatened they try to come out with a solution before others. It seems like its the J that pushes Ne to be inferior. What drives ISTJs to have a desire to make a decision without getting all the information?

Well, I know I am 70% paranoid, according to a very accurate 126 question test. I don't know about other ISTJs, but I know that I am very paranoid, so it could have something to do with that. I always assume that people have the worst of intentions. And I trust very few people, so I often don't talk to other people before making decisions. But that's just me, so I don't really know about other ISTJs.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
And I trust very few people, so I often don't talk to other people before making decisions. But that's just me, so I don't really know about other ISTJs.

Yeah, I'm like that too. I always take the attitude of not trusting anyone when you first meet them, that's why I may be deemed as cold or quiet when someone first meets me. If I get to know a person well enough and know their tendencies, I can be very friendly to them.

Slickness

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yeah, I'm like that too. I always take the attitude of not trusting anyone when you first meet them, that's why I may be deemed as cold or quiet when someone first meets me. If I get to know a person well enough and know their tendencies, I can be very friendly to them.

I am the same way.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I work with an ISTJ and I am starting to see the inferior Ne shine through. He makes quick judgements about the reason something happens. He seems to make vague connections and run with them.

If he's truly an ISTJ, then the quick judgments about the reason something happened are probably just Te.

Im curious if thats what Ne is good at, making vague connections which is not at all helpful with getting to the root of the problem. My dad(ISTJ) had said that knowledge is evil. The thing with knowledge is that when you make snap judgements you have a higher probability of being wrong in the long run and more knowledge would uncover this.

No, that's not really what Ne does. Ne is the opposite of Si; it's just the attitude that you should always strive to stretch outside the box and look for new possibilities/connections to invent a new method because originality and creative exploration are the top priorities. For Ne, "We've done it this way before" is a great reason to try a different/new way this time.

For Si, "We've done it this way before" is exactly why we should continue doing it that way--not because Si arbitrarily follows tradition, but because Si is very risk-averse and going by the book/using established methods keeps risk to a minimum in most cases.

P types like ENFPs make the same vague connections, but dont act on them as quickly. Thats why a stressed ENFP becomes ISTJ. There feelings take over and they make snap decisions based on vague connections.

Hmm, no...a stressed ENFP looks more like ESTJ because tertiary Te has a lot more power than inferior Si.

They make snap decisions based on vague connections because they're Ne dom/Fi aux, not due to stress or inferior T/S functions coming out. That's just what Ne does--it's very impulsive and random, and it interprets threats to its creative freedom as VERY hostile.

edit: it drives my wife nuts when I tell her how she feels, I dont mean to say how you feel or how you are, its more of a thought that I end up wording as a fact.

Yeah people don't tend to like it when you try to tell them how they feel. Being a type with inferior Fe, yourself, you probably aren't assessing other people's emotional states very accurately either, so it's doubly annoying to Feelers that you're verbalizing these thoughts.

But hey, points for even trying to exercise Fe. That shit is hard.