• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Representation Here

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Seriously speaking:

SPs are just as uncommon here as SJs, so it's more of an S/N thing.

Ni stands for meta-thinking. That leads N-type personalities to question themselves and their own motives. It drives them to understand themselves better. This naturally leads into psychology and personality theories.

S peopple are more prone to take things just as they are, and don't pay attention to reasons why things are as they are. This leads them to ignore things like personality theories. I wouldn't be here, if my NF friend would have told me about the MBTI. I never had been interested in psychology or anything else like that before, but the MBTI helped me to understand myself a lot. So, if it wasn't for NF curiosity of people's personality, there would be one SJ less here.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Elaborate please.

Habba above explains it pretty well; Ss are 'here and now' people, the 'it is what it is' type. The why's behind it aren't as important.

My fascination with MBTI was first to figure out myself, and realize that I wasn't the only person out there who thought and felt the way I did. It was a validation to an extent. I think for Ss, it helps to come to a forum like this and discuss the similarities, but not all of the stuff leading up to it.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Yeah, and many S might be content with just reading some descriptions of their type on some website. Why delve in it any more, when you have already read most of the important stuff anyways.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, and many S might be content with just reading some descriptions of their type on some website. Why delve in it any more, when you have already read most of the important stuff anyways.

Exactly!

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Because Ss often end up marrying Ns and then needless fireworks ensue!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^^ If only we had that kind of foresight...

I entirely agree with Habba.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Whoops... double post.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Habba, how did the NF's curiosity translate to your pursuing it? I have tried to get friends of all types to check this out, but the only ones who bite are NFs.

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Habba, how did the NF's curiosity translate to your pursuing it? I have tried to get friends of all types to check this out, but the only ones who bite are NFs.

My ESTJ X would probably rather have her fingernails removed than delve into her own inner self....much less share any of it with anyone else. Not sure if that is just her or an SJ thing. I think a lot of it is her, but I was surprised to find so few SJ folks here.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My ESTJ X would probably rather have her fingernails removed than delve into her own inner self....much less share any of it with anyone else. Not sure if that is just her or an SJ thing. I think a lot of it is her, but I was surprised to find so few SJ folks here.
I relate to that a lot. The only reason I enjoy it MBTI-wise is that I can think about it objectively. Enneagram, on the other hand... I really hate it. It makes me insecure. I'd rather not think about those aspects of myself.

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I relate to that a lot. The only reason I enjoy it MBTI-wise is that I can think about it objectively. Enneagram, on the other hand... I really hate it. It makes me insecure. I'd rather not think about those aspects of myself.

what do you think about this?

ESTJ Personal Growth

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9

Well, first it was just nice to know thing. "Oh, I'm ISTJ.. well, that explains why I never went to parties."

But I got more interested in it when I became depressed. We talked a lot about life and people in general... for countless hours. During the process, I found out that being an ISTJ is not that easy as we are very prone to depression. I also found out that it's my personality type that gives me difficulties relating with people.

I also found out what so great about ISTJs. I had rarely though positive thoughts about myself, but now I can take pride for being one of the most reliable, caring (shown through actions, rather than expressing feelings) and intelligent person in my life. I don't need to be the most popular and handsome, when I already have those qualities in me. Essentially I was all the time trying to be something what I wasn't, and typology showed me how great I already was.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Habba - That's great to hear! Do you think that it's mostly only problems that motivate SJs to check it out?

SJs are great people, but because they accept things for what they are instead of obsessively trying to pursue how things could be, what else would be strong enough to motivate them to look at MBTI seriously? I just see so many SJs that I think would be greatly helped in their relationships by it and may also be made happier as you were and I'm sorry for them to miss out!

EJCC - What made you decide to pursue it? I know that you like it because you can look at it objectively, but what sent you there in the first place? (You don't have to tell if you don't want to, of course). Why is enneagram scarier? You seem quite self-aware, so I assume that you assess yourself and ponder some of those things. I'm not sure how I feel about it either, but I'm just wondering what it is for you.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what do you think about this?

ESTJ Personal Growth
<awkward_rant>
Oh, that stuff is fine. I can look at that and think "Oh, yeah, I do that. I can keep that in mind, and improve myself." Not stressful in the least. However... I believe that I'm an Enneagram type 6, and every time I look at that description, I tend to react by wallowing in self-pity, because not only do I despise seeing those attributes in me (I'd kill to be a 1), but those are feelings that I don't think about at all, and have no real control over that I can think of, so I can't think of a single way that I could change it. It seems so... hopeless. Therefore, I don't think about it. Or, I TRY not to. (I really wish that I had never learned about it.)
</awkward_rant>

Now, I WOULD dismiss the above paragraph as being the product of a weird mood (it kind of is), but it really applies to this ISFJ that I know. She HATES MBTI, because the type descriptions told her that she'd be a good secretary. When you want to become an artist (which she does), and somebody tells you that you should work a desk job instead, it doesn't exactly make you feel good. (Of course, it doesn't help that she's a pretty insecure person to begin with.)

I think SJs tend to read too much into the little details, and are put off by them. Plus, like Habba said, they feel like all they need to know is the basic stuff, and they aren't so driven to learn more. (Short attention span, perhaps? Who knows?)

Last edited: