• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Representation Here

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I didn't think SJ's liked MBTI, especially if they don't fit their type perfectly.

Amen. It drove me up for the wall for months as i didn't fit the profile perfectly. Now, ahhh, it is what it is. :)

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
MBTI also helps you understand others; it makes sense of the quirky things they do.
I agree. I actually got into this MBTI thing by reading a book about speed reading people. Some of the descriptions are amazing accurate. However, I would imagine, someone of my own personality type being introduced to MBTI by being given a test and then their own description would not think much it simply because they won't find it helpful.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I think the overall reason is that SJ's are very involved in the real world and are pretty usually committed. I think we are in need of more SJ's in here.

SJ's got a small P-ness xD

Haha that's not true.

SJs don't get enough love here, comparatively speaking, so there's little motivation to stick around.

It's true that SJ's don't get enough love in here. We are misunderstood, mostly by N's in here. Basically just stereotypes going around... ISTJs are boring, ESTJs are controlling, ISFJs are over-emotional, etc.

Does the lack of love for an SJ really affect your motivation?

It doesn't for me. I find it funny that people feel that way.

If anything, the hate increases my motivation to stay here. Makes me more determined to spread my SJ message.

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
It's true that SJ's don't get enough love in here. We are misunderstood, mostly by N's in here. Basically just stereotypes going around... ISTJs are boring, ESTJs are controlling, ISFJs are over-emotional, etc.

If anything, the hate increases my motivation to stay here. Makes me more determined to spread my SJ message.

The Sensor prejudice among a lot of NTs drives me fraking bananas. I get very disappointed when such intelligent people succumb to the same brand of thinking that leads to things like racism and sexism.

It's good to know you're not frightened away by it though!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Sensor prejudice among a lot of NTs drives me fraking bananas. I get very disappointed when such intelligent people succumb to the same brand of thinking that leads to things like racism and sexism.

It's good to know you're not frightened away by it though!

Well- I know.
Most of the people in here are getting better though.. Because its obviously unintelligent to say that sensors are unintelligent. Which defeats the whole purpose of saying it. I don't let it bother me because no one IRL would ever say that about me, which is what matters. (and a lot of my friends are young smart male NT's! how 'bout that?) Anyone on here whose saying things like that are just trying to make themselves feel special.

Hey, we sensors could have easily put N's in our types as well when we first logged on. JUST for the purpose of making people automatically think that we're intelligent. But we didn't..

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
S peopple are more prone to take things just as they are, and don't pay attention to reasons why things are as they are. This leads them to ignore things like personality theories. I wouldn't be here, if my NF friend would have told me about the MBTI. I never had been interested in psychology or anything else like that before, but the MBTI helped me to understand myself a lot. So, if it wasn't for NF curiosity of people's personality, there would be one SJ less here.

Yeah, I've found I like to know the facts but not as naturally interested in why something is the way it is, just more interested in the fact that it is that way. Some of my relatives (who happen to be N) have often wondered why I don't have a higher curiosity and been disappointed by that fact. Thank goodness for my great factual memory though.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does the lack of love for an SJ really affect your motivation?

It doesn't for me. I find it funny that people feel that way.

I think here, we have an example of how badly the SJs were classified together. A good example of immense difference between ISFJ and ISTJ. I think, as Te users, you'd more inclined to consider deailing with the hostility as sort of a challenging task, where as the ISFJs, being Fe users, are much more hurt by it, and don't really find purpose or entertainment in it.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think here, we have an example of how badly the SJs were classified together. A good example of immense difference between ISFJ and ISTJ. I think, as Te users, you'd more inclined to consider deailing with the hostility as sort of a challenging task, where as the ISFJs, being Fe users, are much more hurt by it, and don't really find purpose or entertainment in it.

Well, I don't like whining because it simply makes people hold their feelings in instead of expressing them.

Although I dislike like conflict, and worse, apathy, I find it more useful to at least try to understand a persons feelings.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

+1. I was actually drawn to this site because of the prejudice (specifically, anti-ESTJ prejudice). That's why I started my Q&A thread :) </advertising> Seriously, though. Great post.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Speaking of which, it's been pretty quiet lately. What's up with that EJCC. I think if no one hands in a question, you could just add something interesting that you think we'd like to know. I think I dominated it a little too much before!

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
personally my INFP friend showed me the test and after i took it i REALLY hated the outcome of the test lol. it made me feel like i was the lowest type of all. like the rug to be walked on. so i wanted to research myself to see if thats how all ISFJ's are or if im just in the wrong 'type'. My curiosity got the best of me and i really love this forum. I dont mind a good debate once in awhile, especially if i really believe in it.

But i dont like wasting my energy [which i loose easily in debate] so i pick wisely about what i wanna debate about.
But im gaining some self confidence in my type-ESPECIALLY because it seems so many people disrespect them here. It makes me feel unique. :D
psht, why be like everyone else on here?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
^^ All the other types love us SJ's dearly .. They are unable to express it :D

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I never quite understood the anti-S thought pattern on here.... I could have sworn the fundamental difference between Ss and Ns was the way in which we gather information.... So, to me, the frequency and depth of that information would reflect intelligence, not how.

I suppose it's OK though....I have enough intellectual arrogance to make almost any N type blush. :D

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I never quite understood the anti-S thought pattern on here.... I could have sworn the fundamental difference between Ss and Ns was the way in which we gather information.... So, to me, the frequency and depth of that information would reflect intelligence, not how.

I suppose it's OK though....I have enough intellectual arrogance to make almost any N type blush. :D

Lmao.

There are some haters on here, their ignorance will bite them on the ass one day. You should judge/treat everyone as an individual and not make assumptions until you know the person well enough and have all the facts (ohhh, that's very S :D)

The sad reality is though that S and N's can complement each other if the time is given.

My ex wanted to buy a hot dog cart. He found one for sale so he went back to Canada for a month, enquired about permits and locations and reeled back all the info to me. Now me saying it how is it. He didn't pay no attention to where the cart would be located overnight, how he would buy the stock and where it could be stored (he doesn't drive) and what would happen should he run out of change or need to use the bathroom as he would be running it singlehandly. I was the one to tell him of the present details which he was paying no attention to.
He came home after realising he hadn't actually considered everything.

So yeah, N's may be the innovatives .. but we S's are living in the present moment.

Now i am not one to squash anyone's dreams .. But if you haven't given thought to your ideas .. Then i am going to tell you what should be considered as an act of respect to someone i consider a friend.

How is that bad in the long run?

Now i have just got my close male friend to take the test .. I thought he was an ESTP (party animal) .. No, he is an ENTJ. We have no communication problems, neither of us take life to seriously and get on soooo well.
I love when theories get blown out of the water. :smile:

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Now there's something that happens to me every now and then....somebody comes up with some "great plan", which involves very little actual planning but has a neat ending. Of course, I have to be the buzz kill, and I ask them how they are going to make said idea happen.

Right around there, I get glares. Or looks of awe. But mostly glares. :D

I can't really point the finger too much though, because I'm not the greatest idea-generator. I just tear other people's ideas apart. (When I can clearly see they won't work, of course.)

Just today, at my Introduction to Business class, this lady was complaining beforehand about not being able to open up a file through the internet at the school. (A class file, posted by the teacher.)

Me, being the nice little camper that I am, proceed to point out what she did wrong, and then explain how to do it properly. Her response? "Hm, I don't know about that...."

She didn't seem too keen on my way of doing it. So what does she do? When class starts, she asks the same question to the teacher. The teacher proceeds to explain, and not to my surprise, it is the exact same solution I told her ten minutes prior. But now her response changes. It's...: "Oh, I see. That's good. I can do that."

Am I not respected just because I have the appearance of a teenager/student? I feel like an old guy trapped in a young man's body, as the commonly-used reworded phrase goes. Bah.

Last edited:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Now i am not one to squash anyone's dreams .. But if you haven't given thought to your ideas .. Then i am going to tell you what should be considered as an act of respect to someone i consider a friend.

Yeah I do the same thing, usually if they want to hear it.

Not to mention we look better. :strawman:

lol yeah, but that's because we're more visually/auditorily/aesthetically aware.

Am I not respected just because I have the appearance of a teenager/student? I feel like an old guy trapped in a young man's body, as the commonly-used reworded phrase goes. Bah.

Yeah, it seems that way. It's a pity but that's sometimes the way it goes. Maybe she was an N who didn't trust your opinion. :newwink: