• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's and friends.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Someone's comment has got me thinking.

Little experiment now.

How many friends do you have in real life?

How many friends do you have on social networking sites?

How do you go about making new friends, ie joining classes etc?

Do you have an active social life and give details if you choose?

Although i am asking primarily SJ's, others can answer should they choose. Pease don't turn this into a popularity contest though. :)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

All my friends are on Facebook, so i don't need to see them IRL.
1 friend i had has stopped talking to me now and is very peeved at me for sticking up for myself. No more doormat, thank you very much. :)

70 on Facebook, don't talk to most of them though. If i was to edit my friends list, i think there would only be about 10 people i spoke to on a regular basis.

I don't make new friends, i talk to strangers and move on. Call me guarded.

Lmao. No. I haven't had an active social life in 15 years since i was expecting no 1. Kids just became my life. Don't get me wrong, i love talking to people so its easy to start a conversation with a stranger. I do miss having girlfriends and hanging out. Sad really.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2

All my friends are on Facebook, so i don't need to see them IRL.
1 friend i had has stopped talking to me now and is very peeved at me for sticking up for myself. No more doormat, thank you very much. :)

70 on Facebook, don't talk to most of them though. If i was to edit my friends list, i think there would only be about 10 people i spoke to on a regular basis.

I don't make new friends, i talk to strangers and move on. Call me guarded.

Lmao. No. I haven't had an active social life in 15 years since i was expecting no 1. Kids just became my life. Don't get me wrong, i love talking to people so its easy to start a conversation with a stranger. I do miss having girlfriends and hanging out. Sad really.

That always feels good when you stick up for yourself despite others emotional wants. If she's a real friend she'll come back around and realize she was in the wrong..

Social life? What's that? :smile:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You are soooo cute. Lol. Yet so guarded. ;)

Thought it would be interesting to see, how social we strange creatures are.

Edit - i am posting this in the Guardhouse, this thread may die very quickly.

Snow Turtle

Friends I'd say I have about quite a few. I have a tendancy of calling people I'm on good terms with friends, even if I don't speak to them for several weeks. Then there's the part that hates rejecting people as friends...

Fakebook (Fruedian Slip) I've got about 250 friends.

I make friends by absorbing people through other people. Otherwise I just end up meeting someone in a new environment and becoming glue to them, afterward it becomes harder to meet people since I'm so used to hanging out with particular groups. :D

My social life is the internet T___T
Then again I love gaming, anime and the likes so it's like perfect for me. Now just to extend those aspects to real life. :D

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
A handful. I'm not quick to call someone a friend. I do have a few circle of acquaintances.

I don't maintain any social networking sites

I can be socialble in any situation and make new friends and contacts.

It could be more social if I chose it to be that way. I hang out with friends from time to time throughout the year, but most of the time I'm with my girlfriend and her friends, because they tend to get together more.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
none

I have 89 friends on Facebook. But none of them are really my friends. Most are just people from my dance class. I never use Facebook anyway.

I don't.

Don't have a social life.

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I couldn't even tell you. As far as those I keep up with on a regular basis, I'd say somewhere around 20-25. Past that, I have no idea.

427 on Facebook

Usually through social service/religious groups, and mutual acquaintances

I do when I make it happen. I love hosting parties and planning outings. With most, but not all, of my friends, I'm the initiator. Before I got into a serious relationship, I would plan a group event about once a week or two. Not quite so much anymore because it's just not feasible, but I still love to do it when I can.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Uhh, I don't know, quite a few but I only talk to maybe 3 of them fairly regularly. We're very close and I tend to put more time into my closer friendships.

I don't belong to any social networking sites. Never appealed to me.

Well. I don't. Sad panda. :cry: I'd like to change that.

No. Is that detailed enough? lol

Answers above.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ

I'd say 4-5 really close friends that I talk to at least once a week if not more. As for people I am friendly with and will talk to occasionally...maybe like 10?

379 on Facebook...but that doesn't represent much of anything.

I have no idea...it just happens. Most of the people I am close to I met through school or work. A few I met through other friends.

Umm, most of the time it's plenty active for me, but it waxes and wanes. I feel like I either have nothing to do or I'm inundated with too many things. Overall though I'm content. I usually try to see my 4-5 close friends once a week, so that usually gives me something to do just about every day. I usually like 1-2 days of quiet time per week where I don't really have to worry about going out or visiting with others for long periods of time.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
2 friends, we hang out often. One or two more, we don't hang out often but are still pretty close.
Most of the people I knew from high school. In high school, I ended up with tons of acquaintances and friends, so they're all there. We never really speak much on those sites, even. And I haven't made new friends on those sites.
I've always become friends with people by being in the same place and same situation as them, such as being in the same class or same job, or meeting a friend of a friend. How do I actively seek out new friends? I don't. I have this idea in my head that friendships aren't supposed to happen that way.
Do you have an active social life and give details if you choose? I don't think you could say I have an active social life. I wouldn't want it to be too active, anyway. Most of it is just hanging around the house with friends, or going out to eat, or low-key, relaxing things like that. Usually avoiding things that involve putting myself into a crowd of unknown people.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Hmm... Mayhaps three. I really don't keep my "friends" and "associates" lists up-to-date.

Bit over 30. Instant Messaging for friends, Facebook with associates. I found it works pretty well, since I can have private conversations with my friends in IM, and just keep people I don't see very often generally updated about my life. It helps me pick up conversations with these associates.

I rarely make new friends. When joining classes, I just hang out there.. just reacting to other people in there.

What's an active social life? No, really... what is it? Do I speak with other people regularly? Yes. Do I see them regularly? Well, I keep seeing my friends and associates every then and now. Do I party every weekend? No, I do something relaxing... like working. :D

WickedQueen

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
3w4
More than 600.

414 and keeps adding.

I joined clubs and simply involving myself in many activities.

Hangout with:
  1. My best friends = once a month and regularly calling
  2. My elementary school friends = once a month
  3. My middle school friends = once a month
  4. My high school friends = once every 2 months
  5. My college friends = once a month
  6. My cousins = once a month
  7. My colleagues = once a month

Please don't turn this into a popularity contest though. :)
I can't. I love competition and I love being popular. It's my nature.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Loads. Hard to count. (I have far fewer close friends.)

82 on Facebook. Which, like Recoleta said, doesn't mean much.

I don't work at it. I go with the flow, really. But then again, I'm a student, so I'm around new people all the time.

Eh. Kind of. Much more so than I used to. Parties, festivals, lunches with friends, church choir/other meetings, classes... But it's not like I go to a party every day, or anything like that.

Crazydaisy

MBTI Type
ISFJ

6-7 I would consider very close (I can say or do anything around them), probably another 7-8 I would consider moderately close (may be slightly guarded around them but still good friends), and then acquaintances, with whom I wouldn't have deep conversation with (more of the "you going out tonight? Woo lets get drunk" meaningless crap hehe).

418 on facebook, most of whom I don't talk to.

Usually just through class (school). I'm in biz school now so it's very "networking" intensive. I already have enough close friends.

How do I actively seek out new friends?

I don't really...I'll actively try and become friendly with people I'm naturally around, such as work colleagues (if I like them)

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9

A handful of friend friends, with a large circle of aquaintances.

I apparently have 50 social network site friends.

The friends that I've met have generally been through work, school, and are friends of friends.

To a degree. I mean, I go out biking, wandering about, attending concerts, etc., but it's often on my own.